Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: French Arabs in Thailand

French Arabs in Thailand

I didn't want to post this in the political or terrorist threads........
    I remember the French Arabs from the time I lived in Phuket, and people down there tell me it's just getting worse and worse. With French Arabs I mean second generation immigrants from Morocco, Algeria and even some from Tunisia. This is young people in their 20's with no manners at all. They buy beers at 7/11 and makes parties at their guest-houses. One guy go out to barfine a girl, brings her back to the room where the rest of the guys want to fuck her as well.
    They rent big motorbikes and drive like crazy in the streets. Always problems when the bills comes up and they are threatening to beat up people if they interfere.
    So this is people with French passports, and my question is where do they get money from? What went wrong with integration as real French people is not like that.

I try not to stereotype people, but I have so many stories from hotel owners, motorbike rentals and bar/restaurants. Some hotels don't even accept these people anymore.
    2 years ago the night staff in a hotel I was staying were crying. She didn't know what to do as the wankers were having a pool party at 2am, and she got a lot of complaints from other customers. I told her to call the police, but she was even to scared to do that.

Anyway, just another rant 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Big bunch of punks, IMHO. I cannot think of one positive thing to say about them. My two cents.
    geir likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Me n Wylos had major run in with them before in Bangla McDs. Place got wrecked and lot of bodies on the floor. Cost me a visit to hospital to sew my ear together

They were insulting and throwing 10 baht coins at McDs staff and we intervened

Pretty much everything Geir says fits exactly what Ive seen over the years
    geir, dawsey and Homer like this.

Must say I can see no difference between them and young Australians or British. Except the latter 2 are more drunk and worse. I guess it must be my age.
    Never had problems with them. I guess they work, earn money and holiday in Thailand. As for big bikes, a lot of young guys rent them. Same same like other ones.
    bar fining one girl for several guys? I thought that was said about Indians. Well, nobody asked me and it is just grapevine from bargirls that told me about the Indians.
    and parties in the swimming pool? Not only young French but other nationalities also. and what do you want to do the reception of a hotel to do? THey are fraid of everything, the night manager also, and they are even more afraid to call/wake the manager than taking other action.
    except if you enter the hotel around midnight with a lady and they ask a joiner fee... as it happened to a former US ambassador and his Thai wife in the Dusit BKK.
    and no manners at all? Check in in a hotel full of Chinese. Have fun.
    I guess you haven't know the gang of (young) expats from Singapore descending on Bangla in the early 90's. That was big, parties, I think the word is debaucherie, but they spent.

We had little bit problems with the young Aussies (schoolies), trying to bring their own beer into the bars etc, never had any problems with English or others.
    Loads of people tell me that they actually prefer the Russians instead of the French Arabs.
    Lucky I never had to deal with Indians or Chinese, but they would never go to my type of venues anyway. I know people that refuse to rent out bikes to French Arabs, and people doing it but charge them a crazy deposit.
    The last few years they've been all over Nanai Road in Patong, and my expat friends and bar owners really hate them with passion.
    @ Captain, maybe you've been lucky not holidaying close the them.

I suppose there are more french in Surin Bay than Patong.
    But then at my age I can afford to pay (a bit) more for a hotel room.
    I have more problems with young drunk Austrlians thinking they own Bangla than with a few French.
    Chinese in the same restaurants I am eating is not positive. I guess their table manners are to different from mine.
    Russians are a lot better than let's say 10 years ago.
    And I hate Germans puting towels on swimming pool chairs at 8 AM and the occupy them at 4 PM.
    geir likes this.

Normal French tourists is fine, it's just this group that think they can do whatever they want.
    Robaht likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Russians are a lot better than let's say 10 years ago.
    And I hate Germans puting towels on swimming pool chairs at 8 AM and the occupy them at 4 PM.
    I never got this when people complain about this.
    Just move the towels and lay down.....tell them to fxuk off when they come

I live for that shit
    Changone and LivinLOS like this.

Another thing, some of them have 2 passports and enter Thailand on their French one. Then they try to rent motorbikes on their North African one. A friend of mine that have more than 100 bikes for rent lost a few bikes that way a few years back. Now he ask for a deposit as high as the price of a new bike for people with Algerian or Moroccan passports. And the funny thing is that most of them are paying (so they have to be used to that issue). Then again I wonder how people in their early 20's can afford it......some bikes are worth 5-600k Baht.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Another thing, some of them have 2 passports and enter Thailand on their French one. Then they try to rent motorbikes on their North African one. A friend of mine that have more than 100 bikes for rent lost a few bikes that way a few years back. Now he ask for a deposit as high as the price of a new bike for people with Algerian or Moroccan passports. And the funny thing is that most of them are paying (so they have to be used to that issue). Then again I wonder how people in their early 20's can afford it......some bikes are worth 5-600k Baht.
    That sounds a bit like urban legend
    I doubt anyone is putting downm a 500k deposit to rent a bike for a week
    In a different country no less

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    That sounds a bit like urban legend
    I doubt anyone is putting downm a 500k deposit to rent a bike for a week
    In a different country no less
    Most of them come up with their French passport which is stamped into Thailand and they have to pay less. But quite a lot rent PCX's and pops up with 80k deposit. The rental guy speak French and is an ex French Foreign Legion soldier and know how to handle them. It's worse for small Thai ran businesses that don't know how to deal with people with two passports.
    If the people renting from me look a bit suspicious I always check the stamps in their passports before renting out the bikes. (and that's on a small island where it's nowhere to escape).

"French Arabs"....why can't we just call a spade a spade these days?

What they are is North Africans, with French passports!
    Petter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    "French Arabs"....why can't we just call a spade a spade these days?

What they are is North Africans, with French passports!
    5555 I actually agree with you, but since they are born in France it would make the lefties start crying again.

So what exactly do you believe us liberals would somehow start crying about? I feel deeply saddened by the state of this forum turning into a right-wing cesspool, but I ain't crying 555.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    So what exactly do you believe us liberals would somehow start crying about? I feel deeply saddened by the state of this forum turning into a right-wing cesspool, but I ain't crying 555.
    It was a joke, hence the 5555........More interesting is your takings on the French Arabs since you've been living in Phuket for years. I know Dodger had some problems renting out luxury villas to them....

As with everything in this world... it's mixed. We get the Euro-trash crowd (555) plowing through Kamala every high season from Laem Singh to Patong, but lots of young Italians (gasp... Christians) in the mix as well. A bunch of testosterone is shared across religious faiths... Not sure if it was Bernie, but have heard same complaints about Hindus as well.

My main reservation with your latest comments (in many threads) is that you continually link it to Islam as a religion. So, I live a predominantly Muslim village, and don't see that kind of testosterone-driven behavior at all. If anything, it's the young Buddhist guys who are acting out. I've lived in rural Norway (and so have you) and I've never felt more safe in my entire life here. I actually used to spend quite a few weekends at the upper deck of Seduction before it burnt down, and had a blast mingling with the Euro-trash crowd.

So clearly there must be something else happening? Culture and evolution and geography? I have no problems acknowledging that particularly people from North Africa and the Middle East tend to have problems integrating into a western society. We've all seen the stats, and no one wants to just hand out hugs and kisses. Categorizing the Quran as fundamentally "barbaric" though is not very helpful either. Apart from being insanely historically inaccurate of course 555. Go to war with a religion and you will invariably lose. Worse even, if you continue to misdiagnose the problem at hand...
    Last edited by sundancekid; 17th April 2017 at 15:50.

I made a new thread because I didn't want it to be about Islam or Muslims. Not even sure if the French Arab kids are Muslims anymore. Guess they are born Muslim, but my question is what went wrong since loads of them behave in a bad way. Looks to me they are totally spoiled and theink they can do what they want.
    On my island we don't get many of them and I would probably say our biggest problems is Italian hippy looking guys. Very cheap and smelly, but normally they go to the smoking places so I don't have to deal with them.
    The thing with French Arabs is that pretty much everyone complain against them....bargirls, hotel/guesthouses, rental agencies and bar/restaurants. Even French bar owners complain. It may be more a Patong problem, and honestly I don't think all the categories of business owners slag them of because they are born Muslim.

Loads of Muslims in Ranong too, and they are slowly growing and buying up the market street from the Thai/Chinese owners. But in general they are nice people and most of the young generation is out partying as hard as the Buddhists. (not so many girls, but I remember quite a few Muslim bargirls in Phuket).
    We don't have much extreme Islam here as in the middle east and north Africa, so we'll be fine for sure.

Anyone been to Marrakesh in Morocco?

From travel programmes it looks like the kind of place I'd like to see.

Amazing architecture and gardens....artistic vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Anyone been to Marrakesh in Morocco?

From travel programmes it looks like the kind of place I'd like to see.

Amazing architecture and gardens....artistic vibe.
    A lot of older female European sex tourists go there 555 "I make good for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast