Thread: Patong to Rawai - eating places

Patong to Rawai - eating places

Driving down to Rawai area for lunch, anyone any favourite places for a lunch.
    Euro or Thai food, cheapo or more, just looking for somewhere different.

Naketa's has a nice view but feel like something different.

Brasserie yacht club ao yon.
    Belgian owner, good French kitchen. On the beach

Serious question Capt, do they serve French onion soup? I've been craving this for years already, but have yet to find a decent place on Phuket. Our very own French place in Kamala doesn't even serve it. And the ones I've tried in Patong were just crap.

Cannot recommend any particular restaurants in the Rawai area, I'm afraid. I usually drive down there once or twice a month, but cannot remember the name of the places I've eaten at. Had some really good seafood at the beachfront restaurants though. But as is usually the case here, the quality and taste is consistently inconsistent.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 22nd May 2017 at 01:55.

Onion soup in the 9th Floor, Patong. Expensive restaurant.
    Check for the menu in the Brasserie, Phuket Town and Brasserie yacht club. Same owner. Menu is on the website.
    Have to think for other places for onion soup in Phuket.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Brasserie yacht club ao yon.
    Belgian owner, good French kitchen. On the beach
    Thanks Captain
    We will have a look at it, but Trip Advisor is not very positive

We ended up at "Happy Days" on the road to Chalong pier and it was fine for the price.
    Big meals, neither of us actually finished but not because they were disappointing, just more than we could cram in.
    Friendly staff and quite busy.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Serious question Capt, do they serve French onion soup? I've been craving this for years already, but have yet to find a decent place on Phuket. Our very own French place in Kamala doesn't even serve it. And the ones I've tried in Patong were just crap.

Cannot recommend any particular restaurants in the Rawai area, I'm afraid. I usually drive down there once or twice a month, but cannot remember the name of the places I've eaten at. Had some really good seafood at the beachfront restaurants though. But as is usually the case here, the quality and taste is consistently inconsistent.
    Try BYD Lofts
    They served one of the nest onion soups I ever had in my life when they owned Baan Yin Dee
    It was very light with large croutons with cheese on top of the croutons floating in the soup

It really was incredible and something Ao and I still talk about 14 years later