Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pattaya daytime trade..

Pattaya daytime trade..

My spies told me yesterday that soi 6 is mostly closed and all the bars have been told they cannot open in the day.. 6pm open ?? Just started a couple of days ago, but theres hold out bars risking it in plain sight (not behind shutters or being subtle.. Lets face it soi 6 was never about subtlety).

Chiang Mais daytime closure was till 5pm, and the 2 - 5pm law does seem to apply to bars its just never been applied to bars. Its not being enforced but many of the chain bars (beer lab etc) have remained obeying the letter of the law and dont open daytimes.

Any reports ??

Here in Ranong the bars have always opened 5-6ish so no change. Restaurants are still selling beer all day, so far so good. Our expat community prefer to meet up for daytime drinks, so an alcohol ban would be disturbing.
    I guess the Pattaya closure is all about bribes, and will hopefully be back to normal soon. It's not my scenery anymore, but it's sad for all the sexpats out there.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

A good few posts on pa about it, just seems to be a very low low season, unfortunately this is the first time in 5 years I won't be in town in June so I can't say for sure.

most of the girlie bars in Lamai (Samui) close around 2.30-3.00am...but plenty push that...

The bars on Dog Shit Alley behind soi Billabong seem to stay open as long as they have punters in them or until daylight hits...

a few girlie bars open up about midday down the southern end of beach rd....and then the boxing bars and the small gaggle behind McDonalds usually get going about 2pm...

They seem to be more strict over in Chaweng...they are menat to close at 2am but seem to push it until 3am most nights....

Both Nightclubs have closed in Lamai and a couple have closed in Chaweng as well...."Sounds" being the one I really miss...however Green Mango Nightclub seems to have a "deal" to stay open later

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic..._campaign=news

Brown envelope shortage in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    most of the girlie bars in Lamai (Samui) close around 2.30-3.00am...but plenty push that...

The bars on Dog Shit Alley behind soi Billabong seem to stay open as long as they have punters in them or until daylight hits...

a few girlie bars open up about midday down the southern end of beach rd....and then the boxing bars and the small gaggle behind McDonalds usually get going about 2pm...

They seem to be more strict over in Chaweng...they are menat to close at 2am but seem to push it until 3am most nights....

Both Nightclubs have closed in Lamai and a couple have closed in Chaweng as well...."Sounds" being the one I really miss...however Green Mango Nightclub seems to have a "deal" to stay open later
    Its not the late, which is always variable.. Its that the law of no alcohol sales between 2 - 5 pm, which was there for shops, seems to be being applied to bars.

Closing bars in soi 6 from afternoon trade is a huge blow to thier biz model.. It would spell their doom and hence doubt it will be applied over any duration.
    nelsonone likes this.

I noticed this last week when I took a drive down soi 6 mid afternoon, most bars 100% closed, some half open and no music at all.

I first thought it must be a bar closing day but everything was open as usual in the evening...

Keep us informed on how its going.. My old housemate took the hua hin ferry over (and pestered me to come pestering ) and was more than a little disappointed as hes very much a daytime boozer and went over for just the kind of thing closed..

He said 8 and other beach rd drinking plazas seemed open so its as tho its just 6 they really want to punish ??

For those who have not been to patts for a while(and don't read my trip reports) the area from Dolphin roundabout to Central road has changed a lot on beach road, much more like what you would find at any European beach resort, even the beach is much improved. When you get to soi 6 it looks you are approaching a bunch of shacks. It realky does stick out badly. I have long been of the opinion that the p4p areas in patts will become smaller and more concetrated, it's like the powers that be decided to split beach road in half, one for the regular tourists and the other more geared at nightlife.

It would be interesting to see how busy the other beach road bars are along soi 7,8 down to the 13's. Seemed pretty busy in the daytime in March.
    Waharoa likes this.

Soi 6 was a ghost town at 3pm, everything else looked like business as usual (beach road, soi buakhao, chayapoon...)

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Keep us informed on how its going.. My old housemate took the hua hin ferry over (and pestered me to come pestering ) and was more than a little disappointed as hes very much a daytime boozer and went over for just the kind of thing closed..

He said 8 and other beach rd drinking plazas seemed open so its as tho its just 6 they really want to punish ??
    just a short trip ? or some weeks before sunny summer in Britan
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

>30 degrees in UK.. Given the lack of AC and fans feels hotter.. But need to spend summer with the missus (and dog). Wont be back till mid Aug so with my luck thats Thai wet season then back to European autumn

Have rented a big spread down in Portugal for the winter, 6 beds gardens and pool, will have loads of my family down at different points, uncles and aunties, cousins and nieces and nephews, dad and fam, etc.. Set up my office down there and redirect all UK office comms to it.. time to work on getting the missus an easier (5 year) visa setup and adding schengen apps to my lists. Really looking forward to it TBH.

No prostitution?

No guns, knives, or weapons?

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    >30 degrees in UK.. Given the lack of AC and fans feels hotter.. But need to spend summer with the missus (and dog). Wont be back till mid Aug so with my luck thats Thai wet season then back to European autumn

Have rented a big spread down in Portugal for the winter, 6 beds gardens and pool, will have loads of my family down at different points, uncles and aunties, cousins and nieces and nephews, dad and fam, etc.. Set up my office down there and redirect all UK office comms to it.. time to work on getting the missus an easier (5 year) visa setup and adding schengen apps to my lists. Really looking forward to it TBH.
    As I'm just now enjoying my morning "latte pablo", I have to ask...did you also sort out your espresso operation there as well? 555

^^^ so now its the Portuguese Pikey Ponderosa....555

Funny after I wrote just a few days ago that the bars here (Samui) are open late, the last couple of nights the police and army have been going around the traps closing down the bars at 1am...no exceptions....I wonder how long this is gonna last...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    As I'm just now enjoying my morning "latte pablo", I have to ask...did you also sort out your espresso operation there as well? 555
    Each home I spend any time at has a top line machine

Treated myself to a Rancilio Silvia in UK.. Solid thing will last a lifetime.

I think I only drink coffee or tea once a month, if even that.....Leo a bit more often.
    Pablo likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Baby Dolls been shuttered.. They are trying to negotiate..

I heard six still hasnt solved the thickness of the envelope question ??

Fk Babydolls closed, hope that won't last too long, always a good spot.

Edit just checked their fb page and it is closed for a minor licence infringement(serving late I guess?) And is closed for a finite time, since there are Buddha days this week it's probably not the worst time to be shut. Government seem to be really pressing the pressure home on this current policing wave.

I did read that the Pattaya police got lots of new motorbikes so maybe this is the quid pro quo.
    Last edited by dontpanic; 5th July 2017 at 16:06.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast