Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dontpanic

Thread: Ebook Published at last

Ebook Published at last

Iíve finally finished my Ebook on Thailand after starting it in 2014. 26,000 words later(95 Pages on Kindle) Aimed at complete beginners and people who went and didnít really get it the book is now available for purchase on Kindle. Itís called ďThailand, Up to YouĒ and is priced at £2.99, Ä3.40 and $4 depending on where in the world you are. Couple of links below.

https://www.amazon.com/Thailand-Up-Y...d%2C+up+to+you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=dp_by...=relevancerank

I set myself a deadline of publishing it before I go to the US on the 8th October as I was always adding stuff, rearranging etc so I decided to bite the bullet and put it out there and see what people think. I must admit that even seeing it on the Kindle book store gives me a nice sense of achievement even though I havenít sold any yet and itís published under a pseudonym! (my two middle names).

So Iíd be obliged if you could recommend to any newbs or friends you may have who are thinking of going. Iíve a gentlemanís agreement with Sef (LivinLos) that if it does sell in reasonable quantities then Iíll make a contribution to the running of the site. I do have the book in PDF format that I can email to a few people for free, Iíd be interested in some feedback anyway good and bad. It is aimed at general advice and doesnít give top ten this, top ten that. I did include my guide to Temple hopping in Bangkok as it serves as a good way to tell people how the BTS and river ferries work. Letís face it if youíre in Bangkok you really do want to see Wat Pho, Wat Arun and the Royal Palace.

It also covers Chiang Mai, Samui, Phuket, Hua Hin and Pattaya briefly with information on how to get there and what to do. Thereís also a nightlife chapter which is old news to most on this site.

It's dedicated to Nicke and the community that Phuket info created as I wouldn't be in a position to do this if I didn't discover Phuket info 7 years ago.

PM me for a limted edition free copy or buy one if youíre feeling generous!
    collectskulls and LivinLOS like this.

Good luck with the book sales DP
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

So had my first of 5 free giveaway promotion days yesterday and a whopping 6 downloads were registered. Hopefully I'll get a couple of reviews out of them but at least it's out there doing the rounds. I contacted a number of vloggers but not one of them has responded, there's lots of marketing advise for publicising the book but I'm heading to Washington DC on Sunday so it will have to wait till I come home!