Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DSI names Phuket tourist-scam targets

DSI names Phuket tourist-scam targets

Some familiar name in the list at the bottom 555555

PHUKET - The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has signalled the start of a major crackdown on crime against tourists by taking the unusual step of naming 11 people and groups it says are among the culprits.

DSI chief Tarit Pengdith released the list of names (see end of story) at a media briefing on Friday though he did not mention any names in his remarks.
    However, he said his investigators had been keeping a close eye on scams and extortion on the resort island and warned of legal action.
    "The reason we released the names is to send a message to them to stop," said Mr Tarit, who claimed the department had evidence linking those named to harassment and rip-offs of tourists.
    The announcement coincided with the opening of a new centre launched on Friday to crack down on tourist scams on the island.
    The list released by the DSI consists of the following:
    Saen Charoenmit; Thammawat Wongcharoenyos; Siva Siangyong; Pien Keesin (mayor of Patong) and Prab Keesin (Mr Pien's son); the Southern Tourist Business Association; Limousine Call Center Ltd; and the operators of taxi stands at the following locations: in front of the Jungceylon shopping centre in Patong, Avista Phuket Resort and Spa on Kata, Dalar Resort Bangtao Beach, and Baan Bang Duk, Mai Khao.

DSI launches major crackdown in Phuket | Bangkok Post: news

Yeah surprising how they are out naming them..

Time to get the popcorn..
    SLeesy likes this.

K2
    Who would have thought it ...eh!! 555
    Its My Life .....!

Hummm, I didn't know tourists was scammed in Patong 5555
    Anyway, good they mention the names in public for a change.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Cant be worse,only to the better so….. lets see

Would be funny to be a fly on the wall and hear and see from the meeting activities this named guys now will attend ,55555555
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

I hope that it doesn't end with - " We have named the corrupt ones - and asked them to stop! "

"The reason we released the names is to send a message to them to stop," said Mr Tarit, who claimed the department had evidence linking those named to harassment and rip-offs of tourists.

I would guess if they had evidence they could press charges or maybe make a few arrest. :-/

Ballsy to actually name the mayor and his son...

One of the individuals named was Preechawuth “Prap” Keesin, son of the Mayor of Patong.

He told The Phuket News this afternoon, “If they accuse me of being an influential figure, then I have to explain [the truth] to them. And I don’t know exactly what ‘influential figure’ means. What does it mean?
    DSI boss warns Phuket?s ?influential people?

I jumped in a tuk tuk out front of Jungceylon in March and he charged me the standard 200 baht to Nanai road. I got off a couple of hundred meters from the hotel to go to 7/11 when I heard beeping and someone yelling in Thai behind me. It was the driver pointing to the back of the tuk tuk. At which point I realised I had dropped my wallet back there.

So I thanked him and tipped him 100 baht, which he was very grateful for.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Have we ever seen them publicise such names before??
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Maybe it's a slow start in makings things better.........but I'm scared it's just going to be a low season gig to please future tourists. (sort of like the airport buses 555)
    Haven't seen the names been mentioned in public before even tho everyone with a tiny knowledge of Phuket known it for years........

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Maybe it's a slow start in makings things better.........but I'm scared it's just going to be a low season gig to please future tourists. (sort of like the airport buses 555)
    Haven't seen the names been mentioned in public before even tho everyone with a tiny knowledge of Phuket known it for years........
    There was the case of the land at Freedom Beach where it was published that prosecutions were pending regarding the issuance of dodgy title deeds, the last Phuket Governor was one of the several implicated.

I just checked under the carpet and the case files are still there.
    geir likes this.

PHUKET: Three businessmen named in the crime-busting Phuket Target 11 list went to police today to begin legal suits against the Department of Special Investigation.
    In a country with such draconian defamation laws where recently a guy was able to sue his girlfriend for going public over the fact he beat the shit out of her, so damaging his reputation, I guess this was bound to happen, seems par for the course these days.

Three Phuket Target List Accused Sue the DSI Over Mafia Accusation - Phuket Wan

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    In a country with such draconian defamation laws where recently a guy was able to sue his girlfriend for going public over the fact he beat the shit out of her, so damaging his reputation, I guess this was bound to happen, seems par for the course these days.

American Standard 555

Did the mayor charge too much for the key to the city?

So are you implying you feel that the accused do not have the right to ask what evidence they had before naming them publicly???
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    So are you implying you feel that the accused do not have the right to ask what evidence they had before naming them publicly???
    Oh no, Dodger has stuck his head out of his happy bubble again 555555

Oh no, Dodger has stuck his head out of his happy bubble again 555555
    So does this mean you was or wasn't implying that??? didn't understand your point of previous post nor the attempt at sarcasm in the last one????

I personally think before naming an accused in a public way, the accuser should have plenty of evidence or it really is defamation of character, do you not think this????

so you think it's a lack of evidence??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast