Thread: Dentist recommendations Bangkok

Dentist recommendations Bangkok

Hello,

Been starting to look at the possibility to do some dentistry in Bangkok on my next trip, so was wondering if any had any recommendations about which clinics to use/avoid? Know there was a lot of threads about it on PI, but not found any here.

I've been to Thantakit Dental Center on Petchburi Rd In Bangkok three times, once for fillings and twice just for checkups/cleaning, very good service.

Thank you, will check them out.

BNH hospital seems to have a nice dentistry, quick service, good job on a chipped tooth I had, overall BNH is a nice cozy little hospital/ clinic!

Thank you, one more to check out.

I did all my work at Bangkok Smile... 2 offices... one on Suk soi 23 (iirc) and the other further up Suk in the direction of the malls... maybe 8-10 minutes taxi ride in the non-busy part of the morning.

All the dentists there are western educated and the staff all spoke english. Most were quite cute as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I did all my work at Bangkok Smile... 2 offices... one on Suk soi 23 (iirc) and the other further up Suk in the direction of the malls... maybe 8-10 minutes taxi ride in the non-busy part of the morning.

All the dentists there are western educated and the staff all spoke english. Most were quite cute as well.
    I think I will be going there

How does it work in Thailand? When I go to the dentish back home I need to get an appointment weeks in advance...

just go for the english smile 555

First time I went I walked in off the street just to make an inquiry and they offered to see me immediately, but that was just a check up/clean. When I went for a filling I made an appointment on their website and was the only customer there. So if it's something really complicated you may need a consult first and come back later for the treatment.

Yes

New User

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    How does it work in Thailand? When I go to the dentish back home I need to get an appointment weeks in advance...
    You can do walk-in for the initial exam & talking w/ the dentist about what you want done... then they will schedule the procedure within the next few days if you want to go forward with doing it.

They have a website as well where you can contact them and pre-schedule the work if you're really certain you and to do it and need it done on a certain day.

Bangkok Dental, Dentist Clinic by Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic in Thailand.

And unlike many Thai businesses, they actually respond to your emails. That's a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    You can do walk-in for the initial exam & talking w/ the dentist about what you want done... then they will schedule the procedure within the next few days if you want to go forward with doing it.

They have a website as well where you can contact them and pre-schedule the work if you're really certain you and to do it and need it done on a certain day.

Bangkok Dental, Dentist Clinic by Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic in Thailand.

And unlike many Thai businesses, they actually respond to your emails. That's a nice touch.
    555. I have actually had good luck with my emails to hotels. I think 4/5 have responded. Anyway I just need a teeth cleaning. I think it's been 2.5 years since last time...

^yeah, that's prolly just walk-in stuff then...

Go for teeth whitening if slow torture is something you enjoy 555.

New User
    I have been to Dr. Sunil Dental Clinic in Bangkok. I had done full crown from there and was much satisfied with the treatment. All doctors were very experienced and helpful. The best thing about that clinic is that language is not at all a bar over there, in addition that clinic offers language interpreters. price of treatment was same as mentioned previously on their website, so it was fair enough. I would certainly recommend Sunil to others for any dental problem.

I've been to 3 dental clinics in BKK and so far Thantakit is the best. Impressive place, staff was professional and their dentists were not pushy! They were very gentle and were fluent in English. Been there thrice and will be back come December.

What did you get done? I've been thinking of getting a couple of dental implants done in BKK, the money I'll save, rather than getting them done here, will pay for my flights and hotel.