Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Patong - Phuket, why do we go back?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    No muttering John this time??? 555
    No he is not allowed.. He is off to a different Disneyland in Paris 555

Quote Originally Posted by Allybabba22 View Post
    No he is not allowed.. He is off to a different Disneyland in Paris 555
    To be fair he probably said he wanted to go to Patong and his wife thought he said Disneyland Paris

Enjoy bud
    Ao and I started going back the last year and have enjoyed it

Bars on Bangla all have good priced beers all the time

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    To be fair he probably said he wanted to go to Patong and his wife thought he said Disneyland Paris

Enjoy bud
    Ao and I started going back the last year and have enjoyed it

Bars on Bangla all have good priced beers all the time
    Oh he would love to come back but probably does not trust himself.. He has a longtime GF and 2 lovely kids now also.. So it's probably for the best..555

Yes this will be the only chance we get without the kids to travel so gonna try enjoy it and meet as many of the old gang as possible and maybe a few days relaxing with the wifey while we can 😎

Patong Phuket why do we go back

just returned from kata/karon beaches, always a pleasant visit. nice mix of everything. when at phuket, dont go out of this area except for an occasional drive around rawai and cape area to see if any changes and nice afternoon out for a little scenic drive. i stay away from patong, nothing interest me there. im good for 2 visits a year to phuket from one to two weeks, then ready to move on. i could stay there for couple months, but the rest of the family has a very low attention span
    Dkdude likes this.

Sitting in yet another lockdown in NZ we are wondering exactly what we are going to see when we finally get back to Patong.

Clearly it will be 2022 before we can travel without quarantine and will the magic be gone. Different is fine , Patong is always evolving, but has always had a vibrance that we have found in few places and that I think is due to a mix of tourists and Thais.
    Dkdude likes this.

I believe Thailand as a tourist destination as we knew it back before the pandemic is finished.
    It's not a place I intend to visit any time soon, if ever again. Far too many other places to see before the pine overcoat.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I visit other places, but I still like to go to Phuket.
    I then rent a house in kathu on Loch palm golf course and stay in kathu most of the time. Some good (cheaper) restaurants and more relaxed than Patong. Once a week to Patong in a week or fortnight is enough.
    I can also buy what I need for the house in Tesco and Central food store.
    And sometimes, before proceeding to Phuket, I visit the North, or Laos (I love Luang Prabang) or another country.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    I believe Thailand as a tourist destination as we knew it back before the pandemic is finished.
    It's not a place I intend to visit any time soon, if ever again. Far too many other places to see before the pine overcoat.
    I fear you are right about the end of Thailand as a major "western" tourist destination.
    It is no longer as exotic as other places, the weather for a beach holiday is no where as nice as the Caribbean, it is no longer a cheap destination so there are other places to go.

However, there are probably a lot of people, like us, who have already been and would like to revisit and will accept changes. Is there enough of "us" to make the economy of Phuket boom again?

Or will it be the bargain destination of Chinese and Indian tourists who probably do not contribute a lot to the local economy due to packages etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I visit other places, but I still like to go to Phuket.
    I then rent a house in kathu on Loch palm golf course and stay in kathu most of the time. Some good (cheaper) restaurants and more relaxed than Patong. Once a week to Patong in a week or fortnight is enough.
    I can also buy what I need for the house in Tesco and Central food store.
    And sometimes, before proceeding to Phuket, I visit the North, or Laos (I love Luang Prabang) or another country.
    Sounds like you enjoy the feet up, relaxing sort of holiday vibe we enjoy about Phuket.
    Lots of stuff to do if you want to, but you can just lay back and enjoy the place if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Sounds like you enjoy the feet up, relaxing sort of holiday vibe we enjoy about Phuket.
    Lots of stuff to do if you want to, but you can just lay back and enjoy the place if you want to.
    Yes, I can lay on a seat near the little private pool I have and read a book, or go play golf (although it is getting ridiculously expensive in Phuket) or just take my Hertz rental and make a tour.
    Evening is for a dinner in an European, Italian, Thai restaurant or Fuji or MK.
    TLandHim likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12