Thread: AON ATMs

AON ATMs

I check this out every year but I've never actually used one. I've done my research on their locations a bit better this time but I can't find the exchange rate they offer. I've found a handy site which lists ATM rates at various banks but AEON isn't on it. The rate would need to be outrageously uncompetitive to negate the fact that they don't charge the 150THB transaction charge.

Are they still the cheapest way to access funds from an ATM?
    Last edited by Jack; 21st August 2013 at 17:26.

Aeon machines are still free I believe , but there aren't many around , only a couple in Patts , read that Citibank are also free , but I would guess you will only find them in Bangkok
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Aeon machines are still free I believe , but there aren't many around , only a couple in Patts , read that Citibank are also free , but I would guess you will only find them in Bangkok
    Citibank were free for a while but think now charge 150 baht

AEON also good for; think 1 transaction ATM limit is 90,000 baht. Even in BKK AEON machines aren't widely available

I setup a local UOB account here in Singapore, and they have branches/ATM in Thailand so no charge for using them. Basically check for a list of ATMs/Banks in the area you're staying and see if they also have banks where you are.

Ahh nuts I spelt AEON wrong!

I can't edit the thread title. Can some helpful Moderator amend it for me please?

I used the CitiBank ATMs at Asok yesterday, no 150 Bt fee, but I was using a CitiBank card.