Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: TG's view on Farang Fashion

TG's view on Farang Fashion

gave me a knowing chuckle....

Cultural differences, language barriers, Bangkok maps: these are all things farangs struggle with on a regular basis. As a result they can be forgiven if they're not always, er, fashionable.
    That said, there is one thing, a line if you will, that is so consistently crossed and done with such impunity, that I feel like we Thais must speak out. I refer to, of course, the farang fashion faux pas. Farang men, in particular, seem to almost relish flaunting their lack of taste in our faces.
    Gentlemen, take note: if you want to look good, these are things you should never wear:

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/2...t-stop-wearing

Funny article......hard to believe it's written by a Thai because he's pretty straight talking. Does he not have any consideration for the farang's loss of face! 555

5555, I've been trying to tell my Aussie mates that for years, but nope they reckon they are the dogs when they got their wife beaters on!!!55555

Interesting, did you see that article about the guy who got warned by the Police for driving his car without a shirt on?? It was in one of the Phuket newspapers, Gazette I think. The Police commanders reply was brilliant and so Thai. 'It is illegal to be inappropriately dressed in public and under section whatever, the fine is 500bht'. The law he referred to is so loosely written it can be interpreted in anyway they want, as is the norm.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

5555 great.
    Pull up your pants, nice one. Half of the young thai guys living here walk around like that.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

Ozzies and scandis in particular. Style police should lock them up. See them walking along Suk with a fkin vest, boardies and flip flops with some TG done up to the 9s. Mismatch of the century

Nice pink teeshirt light coloured trousers, stylish trainers and plenty cologne is the order of the day 5555. Birds love it

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    See them walking along Suk with a fkin vest, boardies and flip flops with some TG done up to the 9s. Mismatch of the century
    And a nicer collection of farangs dressed like tramps you could not find than Patts..

Plus someone could do a superb 'faces of death' series, simply photographing the hungover people around blinking in the morning light.. And the first breakfast beer of the day crowd.

Nice pink teeshirt light coloured trousers, stylish trainers and plenty cologne is the order of the day 5555. Birds love it
    Swiss Tony.....555
    Masterwoodsman likes this.

Ozzies and scandis in particular. Style police should lock them up. See them walking along Suk with a fkin vest, boardies and flip flops with some TG done up to the 9s. Mismatch of the century

Vest?

Like this ala bovver boys?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    And a nicer collection of farangs dressed like tramps you could not find than Patts..

Plus someone could do a superb 'faces of death' series, simply photographing the hungover people around blinking in the morning light.. And the first breakfast beer of the day crowd.
    Sef it's like royalty you will come not to notice the great unwashed 555555555555

And I thought my elephant bead necklace was a sign of virility. Can I still wear my puka shell one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    And I thought my elephant bead necklace was a sign of virility. Can I still wear my puka shell one?
    Only for a 60s night on castro..

then again.. Thats every night no ??

well after 2.5 years in Pattaya I noticed the most important part of the dress code is a thick wallet 555

Quote Originally Posted by slimbag View Post
    well after 2.5 years in Pattaya I noticed the most important part of the dress code is a thick wallet 555
    Most important bulge ....
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Only for a 60s night on castro..

then again.. Thats every night no ??
    I think the 70s was the peak..

Good thing we are only able to see the lower part of his legs. I hate the look of those lederhosen.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    I'm really offended by now, reading this thread ... what a friggn bunch of selfish, oh, I look so great! bunch of people here ... please don't post your own pic , you ugly bastard ;-)

And then you got those Germans ...
    What's really needed, for the correct look, is black socks.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    What's really needed, for the correct look, is black socks.
    what was Tommy's BM handle again?.....555

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    what was Tommy's BM handle again?.....555
    Something like..Tommychk???

i was informed on the fight board by the younger people (early 20's) that cargo shorts are extremely out of style now.

I replied "I'm over 40 and seriously dont give a shit."
    Evilbaz and Masterwoodsman like this.

I had a lot of good attention in Patong wearing a t-shirt with burmese script

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast