Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pablo
  • 1 Post By Pablo

Thread: Chiang Mai Elephant Park

Chiang Mai Elephant Park

Has anyone here been to the elephant park run by "Lek Chailert" in Chiang Mai?

She's know as Thailand's "elephant whisperer". She sings lullabies to the elephants to help them sleep...one of her favorites is "Que-sera-sera"...I wonder if she knows that Doris Day just recently passed?

I get glued to the YouTube vids on this place, and am going to reserve 3 or 4 days on my next visit to LOS, to go there.

Last edited by Pablo; 3rd June 2019 at 06:53.
    Waharoa likes this.

Progressive liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Really great video, thanks.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Wow, nice, but do you plan to stay 4 days in Chiang Mai, or just 4 days in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Wow, nice, but do you plan to stay 4 days in Chiang Mai, or just 4 days in the park?
    Been a while since I've been to Chiang Mai, so a full day at the elephant park...the rest in and around Chiang Mai. (Probably later in the fall, when the wet weather breaks)

I remember my second trip to Chiang Mai, was the very day that the military took over the government from the elder Thaksin.

The little lady and I had been in Hua Hin for almost two weeks, and had the Marriott Limo driving us to Don Mueng airport to catch a flight to CNX. Very early in the morning and we came upon a military roadblock and checkpoint en route on the highway. The news had not come out yet, and the driver thought it might have been some kind of "drug" checkpoint.

Arriving at Don Mueng however, we were startled to see the large number of armed troops in and about the airport. We soon learned about the coup.

Full curfew was full on for our visit, but we spent 5 days there anyway and had a good time.
    Last edited by Pablo; 3rd June 2019 at 21:04.
    TLandHim likes this.

In the old town, go to the “Huen Fen” restaurant one evening. Very good, not expensive and original Thai.
    You better book, always people waiting for a place. +66 53 277103

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    In the old town, go to the “Huen Fen” restaurant one evening. Very good, not expensive and original Thai.
    You better book, always people waiting for a place. +66 53 277103
    Thanks Captain.