Thread: Visa for child

Visa for child

Ok, i already have my opinion but good to ask you guys.

Unless our PR is approved by March( very low % because Canada immigration on strike) we are going to have my stepson come to Canada for his long school break.
    My wife wants to use a visa agency to apply for the visa before we head over to pick him up so that he is good to go when we get there but i would think that his mom needs to be there when applying as sort of supporting him
    Wouldn't you think so?

I think that's less of an issue than his supporting docs etc.

I don't know about Canada anymore but usually an underlying principle is to show that the visitor will return home.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    I don't know about Canada anymore but usually an underlying principle is to show that the visitor will return home.
    that is usually the most imperative aspect of most visas
    i assumed his paid up tuition for the coming semester( about 60k baht) would help in that matter
    plus his mom's long list of abided by visas to Canada

i am still a bit concerned with his mom not being present for the application process
    i totally see the point in getting the visa beforehand and i would prefer to do that, but with visas i am always worried about the best way for success

Then an agency is not a bad idea. They will let you know 100% of what you need. No misunderstandings like you would get sending extended family or even the Mrs to deal with it.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Then an agency is not a bad idea. They will let you know 100% of what you need. No misunderstandings like you would get sending extended family or even the Mrs to deal with it.
    we used an agency for Ao's 1st visa to Canada and using an immigration lawyer for our PR here( expensive) both were the way to go

but using the agency now would be just to have the visa done before we go there
    Ao has been dealing with the Canadian Embassy enough, she would be fine dealing with them to get the right docs
    no way her family could do it for us. her mom is thai illiterate, she needs my stepson to fill things out for her ( but surprisingly, the woman does get things done like school paperwork and such)

How long are you guys staying in Thailand?? If it's just for a week or two, I would rather get the process started before.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    How long are you guys staying in Thailand?? If it's just for a week or two, I would rather get the process started before.
    yeah, only two week
    after a couple of visas, Ao would go to the embassy and get her passport and visa back the next day
    but she no longer needs to go there since all her stuff done in Canada

but this is Nut's 1st visa, so may be a longer process
    the embassy is real good at responding to emails, so will find out what is needed

i think he will for sure qualify for a visa, just don't know the best way or process