Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Whats happening in Phuket?

Whats happening in Phuket?

Since our favorite forum shut down, have not had much info on Phuket. How's it going there during low season? Same same? Soi Eric shut down or being retooled? Last I heard they were building a new entertainment center off one of the Soi's, done yet? I'll be there in November, see you then.

^^^ maybe a little late, but....Wttb!

Where are you staying?

Been a bit busier this low season, especially July & August. Soi Eric is supposedly finished by November but none of us locally can see that date being met, but time will tell? Haven't heard how many bars in the soi have been rented as yet? but would be surprised if they all were taken by opening day??
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Been a bit busier this low season, especially July & August. Soi Eric is supposedly finished by November but none of us locally can see that date being met, but time will tell? Haven't heard how many bars in the soi have been rented as yet? but would be surprised if they all were taken by opening day??
    Seems the new owner told barowners they can start installing computers and other material next week, the latest in a fortnight.

Pitty I am leaving Monday and might just miss that.

Oh well, I am back in November.

Also, after the Russians the Chinese have arrived in large numbers.
    Also more Arabs with their ladies in black than other summers.

Quote Originally Posted by SooninThai View Post
    Since our favorite forum shut down, have not had much info on Phuket. How's it going there during low season? Same same? Soi Eric shut down or being retooled? Last I heard they were building a new entertainment center off one of the Soi's, done yet? I'll be there in November, see you then.
    I agree with Dodger, low season (in Patong) has been pretty steady, I've only noticed a decrease in traffic on Bangla since the start of September however looked like there were quite a few people out last night.

Soi Eric is being rebuilt as Soi Freedom and at the moment the outlines for the bars have been completed and the framework for building a roof is up. It will be interesting if they can have it up and operational by December. I'd be interested to see how they staff it outside of family members and friends of family members as most girls currently in Patong are entrenched at jobs in Tiger 2.

Tiger 1 is also getting rebuild at the moment. Looks like they are going to go with an open air (covered with a roof) second floor where the old tiger disco use to be. I'm not sure if they are going to go with bars on the perimeter with a disco in the middle or not. Frameworks for the bottom bars are set and look like they are putting in the wiring now. I can't imagine it being ready by January, but same issue with Soi Freedom... where are they going to get the girls to staff it?

I think that new entertainment complex by the Expat and Tai Pan is dead in the water. I heard that someone on the development team had run off with the money so its been sitting idle for the last 3-4 months except for the poor guy that has a lone bar up and running there. No foot traffic unless you count the people parking scooters and guests staying at the Expat.

Seduction is moving to a new venue by Tiger 2 that hosted the magic show last high season.

As for beer bars in New Tiger the usual merry-go-round of closures and swaps is occurring, atm.
    K2 likes this.

^ Thanks for the update Mr Smiley.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Where are you staying?
    thanks, Ill ushually stay in Kata or Karon. Last year stayed at Boomerang village. not bad. Inexpensive and guest friendly

Thanks for the updates. Its would be impossible to replace to Nick and the Mai Thai bar for a comfortable welcoming place to talk to fellow BM's. But, is there any place that fellow BM's have been meeting for a friendly cocktail?

Thanks for the updates. Its would be impossible to replace to Nick and the Mai Thai bar for a comfortable welcoming place to talk to fellow BM's. But, is there any place that fellow BM's have been meeting for a friendly cocktail?
    PM Mr Smiley or go along to the Summer Breeze and see Bill
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

And are the Russians losing any ground? I read a while ago that Bangkok was cracking down!...

^^^^
    I live in Kamala and I only see the occasional Russian couple out and about.
    On my usually weekly visits to Patong I don't notice any of them.

Maybe it's just me and where i go...

Loads in seduction.. In fact looked like some fl ones ??

Plus the street ones pushing the ruski agogo

This is a good thread, I'll be there in about a month and hope to hear a bit more how thing are changing, and if there are any new places to check out!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Loads in seduction.. In fact looked like some fl ones ??

Plus the street ones pushing the ruski agogo
    The Russian pointer girls must have a deal with the Italians that manage Hollywood, I always see them in there after their shift is done working in the VIP area. As for Seduction, the Russian dancers and staff are usually in there tearing up the dance floor on their days off (when they get them). Not that I hang out in those establishments... it's just a coincidence, 555
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 8th September 2013 at 09:29.

At the moment, old P-I BMs are left to their own devices, Summer Breeze is a good meet up around 8-10 pm before hitting the scene. Even Wicked Bar on Soi Sansabai is good early on if you like watching the girls (and ladyboys) walking to work from 9 pm - 11 pm. But for a standard bar, none have really stood out, imo.

Atm, I've been rotating my starting bars from 69 Bar (the old Lion Bar), Penitentiary Bar a front bar in New Tiger (not run by the French), Wet Dreams Bar, Bar Funk 1 or 2, Cowboys, Nasty Bar (New Tiger), Heroes Bar, P1 Bar, Kangaroo (Bangla Road near Soi Croc).

Avoiding Charlee Bar (New Tiger) like the plague as Ead is working there now, aiya.

Only one I used last week was Heroes.i like the music.
    Tried once the Honkey tonk but 120 for a beer an music at 105 db is to much.

Heroes has a good layout, high ceilings, 2 person live music band... feels more like a local watering hole then a bar on Bangla Road. It has a mix of staff and freelancers working there.

Can someone explain Hollywood Disco to me? Are most, all or some of the girls there FL's.. On the few occasions I was there the ladies didn't seem to interested in me. Maybe Im just too old and fat. But didn't get the same vibe there as I did in Tai Pan. Are most of the girls there BG's or just locals on a night out?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast