Thread: Kanachanburi river hotels

Kanachanburi river hotels

has anyone ever stayed at these float hotels in Kanachaburi?

can you swim in the river?
    are they far from town?
    how are the mosquitoes?

thanks

Know it's not answering your question but the river didn't look that inviting to swim when i stayed on the river. Would rather stay on dry land my self. Stayed here before..

Jungle River Kwai Resort in Kanchanaburi l River Kwai Resotel Resort Thailand, ??????? ???? ??????? ?????????

Friends did.. Way up out of the town.. Quiet night on the river..

An experience if your into the natural side but not much of one for me ?? Then again I have that kind of nature all around up here in the north.. Going camping or out to a lake is too easy to want to do it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Friends did.. Way up out of the town.. Quiet night on the river..

An experience if your into the natural side but not much of one for me ?? Then again I have that kind of nature all around up here in the north.. Going camping or out to a lake is too easy to want to do it somewhere else.
    my worry is the heat
    i'd like to experience a nice river raft room but the 2 i really like don't have a pool plus one of the highlights i'd be looking for is hanging on the balcony, especially at night, and if too many mosquitoes it sorts of kills that

and yeah, i am getting old and boring man........give me a quiet couple nights on the river and i am a happy larry 555
    catch a buzz at dinner, few beers while reading a book and i am set

The one my mates did for a night was pretty rustic..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    The one my mates did for a night was pretty rustic..
    nah, the ones i am looking at are pretty freaking nice

New Floating Resort in Kanchanaburi Thailand - The FloatHouse River Kwai Resort

but March up there is pretty freaking hot i heard

OK thats nothing like they had..

What they did was more a floating grass hut..

That looks VERY nice mate!
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Podders View Post
    That looks VERY nice mate!
    yeah.......i might forget the pool because this one looks so nice, it would be a good experience
    thing is, with MIL and stepson along, will have to get 2.......so adds up but booking all hotels with points this trip

http://www.boutiqueraft-riverkwai.com
    I stayed here in July 2012. Nice rooms, no tv, or internet at the bungalows on the waterside. They have some sort of pool in the river. They got some sort of bungalow build where the water of the river floats trough. Balcony you have 2. One build direct on the bungalow bit higher then the waterlevel with relaxing chairs on it. The other balcony is a bamboo raft floating in the water. You can sit on it walk over it but its slippery and you get wet feet or a wet pant from sitting on it. I did find it verry relaxing in the evening sitting there sipping from my beer and listening to the sounds coming out of the jungle.
    Mosquitoes didnt bothered us. The heat in July was also oke. It was pretty hot in the day but it cooled down nicely in the evening and there was a nice breeze over the river.
    If you want more info I think best to contact Trent Carpenter or his dad, they stayed there for a couple days. I was there just for 2 nights.

603499_4287055903581_195049340_n.jpg
    Last edited by beuk; 10th September 2013 at 16:26.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

Spent a bit of time in the River Kwai area a decade ago but have not even been to the Bridge for a year or two now .... it looks like the hotel you are looking at is connected to Home Phu Toey resort as they both use the same pier and mention the same hotel in BKK as a base - that is a good thing IMO as Home Phu Toey is a first class resort in the area and been so for a number of years. .....(Offers - Home Phutoey River Kwai Resort in Kanchanaburi Thailand,Hotel near Bangkok .

Never stayed in the floating rooms - could not get the image of water rats etc out of my head - and the river is not exactly crystal clear blue waters - preferred the rooms overlooking the river from above.

If you have any interest in the Burma Railway of WW2 you are in an area full of that history (Home Phu Toey has its own museum and is home to Jack Chalker's POW art collection).

Do you remember the POW "Russian Roulette" and escape scenes in "The Deer Hunter" - those scenes were filmed on the river in this area.

You are a long way from anything other than the resort you stay in when you are in these places.

Enjoy..

thanks guys for the info