Thread: Golden Triangle

Golden Triangle

I am thinking of visiting Cambodja after going there for the first time 9 years ago.
    Another option is to take a trip North of Chiang Mai with a car. Would first go to Pai which I like but then I still have to do some planning.
    Is the circuit Mae Sai - Chiang Khon - Phayo worth visiting or not?
    How many days 1/2/more would be more than sufficient for Chiang Rai?

Enjoy your trip, Captain.

And take photos and keep us updated. I'm especially interested in Cambodia as I might end up working there in our company's new branch, opening early next year. I applied for a transfer to Shanghai but it now looks like they might be sending me over there next year. Visiting is one thing, but I'm wondering if I can manage living there. I have no idea what I'm walking into, and first hand reports are the best source of info I have.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Yes
    Here is a few pics from around there,
    1.The hall of Opium,well worth a visit,excellent layout and display,
    2,3, the gardens at Mae Fa Lunang are beautiful if you like that sort of thing
    4. The white Wat,make sure you have your sunglasses
    5.You can cross from here on a day trip to Laos

I thought the are between CR and Mae Sai was more interesting than CR.
    Up around Doi Mae Salong,( lots of pics in another thread.)
    Did not think much of Mae Sai,just a small border town.
    I have driven fro Pai to Mae Sai in a day very doable.
    Wont say much more as you may go to Cambo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Is the circuit Mae Sai - Chiang Khon - Phayo worth visiting or not?
    Its a pretty scenic drive ... if your not looking for nightlife then would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    How many days 1/2/more would be more than sufficient for Chiang Rai?
    One ... 2 at most, apart from the White Temple and Clock Tower there is little to really see in CR.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post

One ... 2 at most, apart from the White Temple and Clock Tower there is little to really see in CR.
    c'mon kev...what about that nightclub you took us to called Super Sperm.....555

Thanks everybody,
    Yes, If it is Cambodja now, next time it will be North Thailand, or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Enjoy your trip, Captain.

And take photos and keep us updated. I'm especially interested in Cambodia as I might end up working there in our company's new branch, opening early next year. I applied for a transfer to Shanghai but it now looks like they might be sending me over there next year. Visiting is one thing, but I'm wondering if I can manage living there. I have no idea what I'm walking into, and first hand reports are the best source of info I have.
    If that came on any decent ish wage with a good apartment bundled.. You would have a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    And other end of the same road.. The womb !!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    And other end of the same road.. The womb !!
    ah yeah...forgot that one....actually i "emerged" quite successfully from "The Womb" later that night 555

i wonder if it was really just meant to be called "The Room" 555
    Last edited by nelsonone; 13th September 2013 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    If that came on any decent ish wage with a good apartment bundled.. You would have a ball.
    would have to agree...if i was Bacon's age (worked in his field and was offered that position) i would grab that opportunity..best i could do was 2 trips, a few weeks at a time, up in SR advising on temple restorations..out of my own pocket 555
    Last edited by nelsonone; 13th September 2013 at 22:50.

I'll definitely do it when the time comes. Hopefully it happens.

I'm good at roughing it at work. But when it comes to apartments, I love my creature comforts and want something nice and lush. I know they're probably there, but it's hard to imagine it with Cambodia being so dirt poor.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Ah ... how could I forget ... not sure the good Captain would enjoy the ear splitting din in there though ... maybe 2 nights in CR including hangover would be enough then. 555
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I'm good at roughing it at work. But when it comes to apartments, I love my creature comforts and want something nice and lush. I know they're probably there, but it's hard to imagine it with Cambodia being so dirt poor.
    They are there but nice costs more than here imo.. Simple nice starts at maybe 500 or 600 and easily runs up to over 1000 for what we think of as western and they would call luxury furnishings and fixtures. If a good condo is important make sure that its specified as supplied.

Seen some real nice places set ups in converted villas etc in the BKK1 area.. Let the company pick up that cost and everything else is cheap.