Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thai National Parks

Thai National Parks

Looking for suggestions of good National Parks that would be worth visiting about 4hr drive from BKK
    hikes, waterfalls

i'd be willing to drive 6-7hrs if there were any real special ones

we might check out Khao Sam Roi Yet near Pranburi

but any other suggestions would be great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Been to Erawan National Parks 2 years ago, they have a few leveled waterfalls there.

It was really nice. The complete Kanchanaburi province I really liked.
    Have you been there already? Also River Kwai bridge is there... which I thought also looked pretty cool.

We were staying at the Royal River Kwai Resort, direct at the river, excellent resort and real cheap, I thought it was 1,500 Baht per night for a room. (Royal Riverkwai Resort & Spa : Kanchanaburi)

From there you can do day trips to the national park.
    yeah, we have 2 nights planned there
    but we are going in late March and Ao's mom is questioning if the waterfall will be dry

i'd like to do Khao Sok National Park but can't really drive there in our time frame

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    yeah, we have 2 nights planned there
    but we are going in late March and Ao's mom is questioning if the waterfall will be dry

i'd like to do Khao Sok National Park but can't really drive there in our time frame
    I wouldn't want to be tracking in 40c+ heat and blazing sun at that time of year

My house in the National Park Phu Pa Man and also just 20km from Phu Kradung National Park

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I wouldn't want to be tracking in 40c+ heat and blazing sun at that time of year

My house in the National Park Phu Pa Man and also just 20km from Phu Kradung National Park
    yeah, i hiked in Colombia at 40 C + but i think Thailand will feel a lot hotter

it would be cooler up by you? Ao is pushing to go to Issan to be honest, she has never been

great interactive map of Thai Nationla Parks

Thailand National Parks Map

it would be cooler up by you? Ao is pushing to go to Issan to be honest, she has never been
    If you get a chance, go up around Grahams place. Lots of things to see and if you travel over to Loei, you have a great scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    If you get a chance, go up around Grahams place. Lots of things to see and if you travel over to Loei, you have a great scenery.
    the Thai Consulate had a little fair yesterday
    they had a video playing of places i never even heard of in Thailand.............really amazing

Phu Pa Man, also Loei and Phu Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Phu Pa Man, also Loei and Phu Rua

to be honest, i'd love to do this trip because it is a bit more mountainy, i don't like spending my whole holiday at the beach

We alwaysbtakes at least one tour from Khon Kaen up to Nong Kai and the Lao border. Then turn left and down into the loei area.
    I can recommend the road from Nong Kai to Chian Khan. Beautiful trip along the Mekhong River.

We alwaysbtakes at least one tour from Khon Kaen up to Nong Kai and the Lao border. Then turn left and down into the loei area.
    I can recommend the road from Nong Kai to Chian Khan. Beautiful trip along the Mekhong River.
    i'd love that, Ao would be in heaven.............but how many days i need for that?

We go from KK and have lunch at Nong Kai, then continue to Chiang Khan and stay there over the night. Really nice to sit and eat on the floodbanks and look out over Mekhong river and see Laos on the other side.
    Then the day after, we go south through Loei and back to KK..

You do it easy in 2 days, but add one day if you want to stop and see things on the way. Hotels are cheap as chips up there...

We go from KK and have lunch at Nong Kai, then continue to Chiang Khan and stay there over the night. Really nice to sit and eat on the floodbanks and look out over Mekhong river and see Laos on the other side.
    Then the day after, we go south through Loei and back to KK..

You do it easy in 2 days, but add one day if you want to stop and see things on the way. Hotels are cheap as chips up there...
    we have as much as 6 days driving from BKK

Then you have plenty of time to pass through Khao Yai National Park on the way up.. Also beautiful.

i'd love that, Ao would be in heaven.............but how many days i need for that?
    When are you going? Around the full moon in October there will be a local festival in the area of Nong Khai when a lot of people will be there to experience the Naga fireballs. If I am not mistaken it will be between October 15 and 20 and the fireballs are expected to come October 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    When are you going? Around the full moon in October there will be a local festival in the area of Nong Khai when a lot of people will be there to experience the Naga fireballs. If I am not mistaken it will be between October 15 and 20 and the fireballs are expected to come October 18th.
    not until late March when my stepson finishes his semester

The opposite isaan is the hottest area in Thailand at that time of year. It is regular above 40c from 10am in morning. Hard to do anything!

Tarzan makes a good suggestion. TBH there are load of national parks in the area. Some lovely parks west of me in Chaiyaphum and Phetchabun too

Let me know what and when and we will hook up if u around us

The opposite isaan is the hottest area in Thailand at that time of year. It is regular above 40c from 10am in morning. Hard to do anything!
    will the waterfalls be real dry then?

we got to go that time because picking up my stepson to come to Canada for his break

will the waterfalls be real dry then?

we got to go that time because picking up my stepson to come to Canada for his break
    Let me find out but I think at Naan Naow (Phetchabun) its ok. Not far from me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast