Thread: Check-Inn99 article-Stickman

Check-Inn99 article-Stickman

What a great article on CheckIn99 in Stickman this week
    i have heard of it, but now bummed i have never been. I know some of the Thai fiction authors hold events there
    I like old places like this.

I go to the Madrid Bar in Patpong which dates way back and used to go to the old Bourbon St in Washington Sqaure

Does anyone know of any other old, classic Bangkok bars? I love checking them out

CheckInn99, 50+ Years of Bangkok Bar History

Yeah I was going to repost this as its way above the usual stickman user contrib stuff

I think you will be disappointed with Check Inn, I pass it most days & nights and the cabaret show sounds fkin awful 5555555555555

I don't agree 50% of what Stickman says over a range of subject matter. I really don't think he is impartial and is way out of touch with lots of the nightlife scene in BKK and really only reviews or plugs his pals or what might be his kickback places. Some of the chicks he posts pictures of a truly awful which he recently tried to explain which was a poor excuse IMO. I find his posts about say Nana at complete odds with what I see most days of the week, e.g. no girls, no customers bars not doing good business etc; it's not what my eyes see

I still read his site as there are some interesting posts on it and there is the other 50% where I think he is talking some sense or something of interest

Paul let me take you to Mikes Place on Patpong 2, the place must have been there a 100 years and jeez the stench of pish and rats running about is something to behold 55555555555555, a guide to the ST rooms is a must, 2 little dens at the back of the bar with a single stained mattress on the floor
    Last edited by Geespot; 22nd October 2013 at 14:41.

Well i do get the feeling he is Very much cheap Charlie teacher type and not that much of social drinker/partier
    And jeez does he plus Sunrise Tacos all the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Well i do get the feeling he is Very much cheap Charlie teacher type and not that much of social drinker/partier
    And jeez does he plus Sunrise Tacos all the time!!
    Best Mexican around, always packed out with Expats and Thais is La Monita at Phloen Chit, about 5 mins walk from Soi 4 Nana - see the link below

Welcome

There has been many a messy start to an evening in there, gorging on jugs of Margaritas made from fresh limes

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Best Mexican around, always packed out with Expats and Thais is La Monita at Phloen Chit, about 5 mins walk from Soi 4 Nana - see the link below

Welcome

There has been many a messy start to an evening in there, gorging on jugs of Margaritas made from fresh limes
    yeah, the Mexican places seem to do well
    that Coyotees on soi 33 was pretty busy with both thais/expats back when it was open

Sunrise just opening a franchise in Phnom Penh..

I always assumed Stick was pimping places that paid for the coverage..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Sunrise just opening a franchise in Phnom Penh..

I always assumed Stick was pimping places that paid for the coverage..
    i've been once and was not impressed
    i know he was also promoting them for NFL football and i couldn't imagine that place be ideal to watch football
    it is a small restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i've been once and was not impressed
    i know he was also promoting them for NFL football and i couldn't imagine that place be ideal to watch football
    it is a small restaurant
    Sunrise Tacos.............pretty crap IMO, don't deserve a mention. This guy is way off the mark / getting paid for reviews

I was at checkin 99 2-3 weeks ago, after i read about it on tripadvisor. I have stuck my head in before but never sat down. Was quite impressed actually.

Sunrise Tacos: Just average.