Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By geir
  • 1 Post By snowy
  • 1 Post By geir

Thread: Koh Phayam electricity

Koh Phayam electricity

We just had a high politician from Bangkok visiting Ranong and my little island. The Government is going to front Ranong as it's a neighbor town and port to Burma. For the touristy stuff it's the Hot Springs in Ranong and Koh Phayam that is chosen as the main attractions.
    As a part of this we are promised electricity from a government run big generator on the island.
    I'm crossing my fingers and hope it actually will happen this time. This will probably rise the land value, and as an ongoing court case in Bangkok may give us better land titles the future looks pretty good.
    So I put the sale of the guesthouse on hold for now and we'll see what the future will bring.

(the governor of Ranong and the top politican announced this on a meeting in Ranong and on a meeting on KP...Not sure who this top guy was, but I've seen him on TV before with the king and other politicians).
    K2 and joyep like this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

K2
    Lease the hotel out Geir rather than sell it ... never sell assets ;-)
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    100% Kev, we are in the process of selling some land, ( expected 12-15mill), but the majority option is to keep the land and utilise it as medical, swim schools, child care etc and get the ongoing return, once it's sold, it's gone.
    K2 likes this.

No electricity!
    How do you keep your beer cold?

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Unless they're in Thailand !....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    No electricity!
    How do you keep your beer cold?
    he has a very tempremental generator

Yes, generators and ice boxes today......I'm living in the stone age........5 years of that is enough, but I'll give it a go for a couple of years more to see what happens......Selling with profit is not bad, but hold on to it for a while longer and triple the profit is better. It's always new options in life so I don't have to hang on to something I don't fancy anymore. I came to this world with nothing and are planing to leave the same way.....When I get my pension in 20ish years I will sell everything and spend it all......no more time for headaches :-)
    slampay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Not sure if that's the right thread for this, but since you started .... ;-)

So after you left for Thailand so many years ago and you don't plan to go back to Norway to work in future ... now much do you in reality expect to get in pension 20 years later from now?
    I was interested in this too as most countries have minimum length of residency requirements (I get pensions from 2 countries) - so I looked it up.

"All Norwegians citizens are entitled to get a state pension from the age of 67 in accordance with the Norwegian National Insurance Act (Folketrygdloven). The state pension is paid in full to Norwegian citizens who have lived in Norway for at least 40 years after the age of 16 and in lesser amounts to Norwegian citizens who have lived less time in the country (see Minimal state pension (Minstepensjon)).

The State Pension is calculated according to what the individual has previously earned from ages 16 to 67. The calculation is made by The Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV)."

Sorry for my late reply, but I have been very busy....................The minimum pension today is about 60K Baht worth......it will of cause be regulated by the time I hit 67. We will still have oil by then, so I'm pretty safe.........

You get the full pension even though you are not staying in Norway?

In Denmark you have to stay at least 40 years from 15 years old to get the full amount (around 60,000 baht a month after tax). If you are staying less, you only get a percentage. Like, if you go to Thailant at 35, you only get half of the full amount, if you go at 25, you only get a quarter of the full amount. There are other deductions as well, when staying outside of the EU and a few other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    You get the full pension even though you are not staying in Norway?

In Denmark you have to stay at least 40 years from 15 years old to get the full amount (around 60,000 baht a month after tax). If you are staying less, you only get a percentage. Like, if you go to Thailant at 35, you only get half of the full amount, if you go at 25, you only get a quarter of the full amount. There are other deductions as well, when staying outside of the EU and a few other countries.
    similar to the UK. Though I think its now 30 years here...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    UK your pension is linked to your NI contribs or AKA 'stamp'.. If you are self employed you can backpay it a bunch of years (5 ??) and make up shortfalls but if you get too far behind you face the reduced payouts. I wont be getting squat.

Also if your not UK resident your pension gets frozen when you leave the UK and not index linked to rising costs of living IIRC.

That's what I thought too. Even if you're a stay at home mum or unemployed you can still maintain your contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    UK your pension is linked to your NI contribs or AKA 'stamp'.. If you are self employed you can backpay it a bunch of years (5 ??) and make up shortfalls but if you get too far behind you face the reduced payouts. I wont be getting squat.

Also if your not UK resident your pension gets frozen when you leave the UK and not index linked to rising costs of living IIRC.
    It will soon be pretty fkin irrelevant for future retirees, there wont be any state pension. New legislation last few years has brought in compulsary employer scheme to replace state pensions down the line

Not sure how they will deal with people who have made NIC contributions all their working life

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    and a UK state pension is not 1200 per month after tax. Thats nearly the same as my salary for working

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    It will soon be pretty fkin irrelevant for future retirees, there wont be any state pension. New legislation last few years has brought in compulsary employer scheme to replace state pensions down the line

Not sure how they will deal with people who have made NIC contributions all their working life
    We started a similar employer/employee compulsory super scheme in OZ in 1992.