Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By billpay
  • 1 Post By YankeeDK
  • 1 Post By Evilbaz

Thread: Patong Beach, Phuket favourites

Patong Beach, Phuket favourites

Just arrived back in Patong for a couple of months and went for a morning walk along the beachfront.
    Nice to reflect on why we like this place so much and wondered whether we should share some of the detail of place, things we enjoy here.
    As a first time visitor the place can be a little overwhelming but if you are prepared to step outside your western comfort zone it is really an amazing place with so many things interesting and unfamiliar.

Left hotel at 5.45am and light was good and the temp about 83F. Quite a few people around, some walking like me, some staggering home after a late night, some girls still looking for a man, streetsweepers cleaning the footpaths. If you like looking at attractive girls albeit some a bit bedraggled, some really bedraggled and drunk it;s a much more interesting walk than I get at home.

The beach looks beautiful, with a few boats anchored and some bikini clad tourists out for an early swim, there may have been some males with them but I don't notice them, I like females. Passed 3 massage girls on the pavement and they were very keen on a providing a happy ending to a massage and just in case I didn't understand english, one of them mimed the promised benefit very clearly. I smile politely and free myself from their hands and carry on, I have another 6km to go.

Perhaps some of us repeat and permanent visitors should share what we like in detail, like restaurants, street stalls and bars and it might get more people posting.

What draws you back?

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Left hotel at 5.45am and light was good and the temp about 83F. Quite a few people around, some walking like me, some staggering home after a late night, some girls still looking for a man, streetsweepers cleaning the footpaths. If you like looking at attractive girls albeit some a bit bedraggled, some really bedraggled and drunk it;s a much more interesting walk than I get at home.
    I used to really like seeing chuckout at Safari at dawn.. The freaks might come out at night, but they look fully gone by dawn.

Passed 3 massage girls on the pavement and they were very keen on a providing a happy ending to a massage and just in case I didn't understand english, one of them mimed the promised benefit very clearly. I smile politely and free myself from their hands and carry on, I
    are you sure they were massage "girls", about the times the thieving ladyboys like the best, hopefully you still have everything you left your apartment with, watch, wallet, gold etc.

Really, one of the things I now take for granted because I live here: can get just about anything you want, anytime you want it.
    What else I like is the great weather. It may rain or be a little hot, but not many places in the world can boast of a climate as good as Phuket's.
    Fish likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    What else I like is the great weather. It may rain or be a little hot, but not many places in the world can boast of a climate as good as Phuket's.
    My biggest draw - for sure !!

The chickie babes are a bonus............555

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    are you sure they were massage "girls", about the times the thieving ladyboys like the best, hopefully you still have everything you left your apartment with, watch, wallet, gold etc.
    ..Yes Snowy, been through that a couple of years ago, and I can't get over how stupid I was. Grappling with a lady boy who attempted to pick my pocket while 3 associated Thais were circling me. All over about 100B. Risking a knife in the guts for $5 or so. Next time I would cheerfully give it to them. (Would have then if they had asked nicely) You do have to be aware there are dangers but it is certainly a lot safer than most places.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Really, one of the things I now take for granted because I live here: can get just about anything you want, anytime you want it.
    Dead right Bill, love the weather, even when it rains it's warm.

..Yes Snowy, been through that a couple of years ago, and I can't get over how stupid I was. Grappling with a lady boy who attempted to pick my pocket while 3 associated Thais were circling me. All over about 100B. Risking a knife in the guts for $5 or so. Next time I would cheerfully give it to them. (Would have then if they had asked nicely) You do have to be aware there are dangers but it is certainly a lot safer than most places.
    why I mentioned it mate, been there and done that also, (many a year ago 55)

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I used to really like seeing chuckout at Safari at dawn.. The freaks might come out at night, but they look fully gone by dawn.
    we used to drive past each morning on the way out to Chalong for a days scuba diving and all in the back of the bus would gawk, ooh aah and finger point...I never had the heart to tell them that I would be one of them up there on my day off 555

Beautiful girls, warm weather, good food. What's not to like?
    Mr Rooter likes this.

Plus the haters are going elsewhere - bonus 555!
    Mr Rooter likes this.