Thread: Visa Rule Change for Married Couples (both forigners)

K2

Visa Rule Change for Married Couples (both forigners)

Another spanner in the works that will affect some ... those with Filipino wives on the whole guess this one will hurt most ...

Phuket: Immigration rule changes to hit retirees and NGO workers
    Its My Life .....!

So if you are married to a Filipina etc you need 1.6 million baht in the bank annually -
    but if married to a TG you only need 400,000 baht?

Now that's a foreigner tax!

The article headline gave me a shiver - I'm leaving for my annual retirement extension in 30 minutes ...
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

It might be slightly off topic, but I have a mate here in Panama who has a Thai girlfriend, he spent lots of money and time trying to get her over here, lawyers, shit to do in Bangkok etc, just before she was due to arrive here they changed the law in Panama for Thai's, so that they can just arrive and get a 6 month visa like the UK, US etc, she just has to leave and come back every 6 months, he's delighted and she's been here about 3 months already. Residency here just requires 5k in the bank, so that'll be easy enough too for her.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

The above rule change has a slightly dumb implication for those without a salary or pension monthly.

If she now is a totally self standing application, needing her own money in the bank.. Simply put her on a six month tourist visa.. Let both applications run out of sync, and use the same 800k at different points of the year.

Job done for no real additional costs, simply an extra day once a year at application time.. Also the retirement app is the most clean cut and simple so it's fairly easy.

However, it just occurred to me.. That I am guessing most older guys didn't marry an over 50 Asian !!