Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: TG Scatterbrain!!

TG Scatterbrain!!

i am sure i will get the ""it happens with western girls too" replies
    but this is more of a rant

i can't tell you how much useless shit my thai wife tells me from this girl is heading back to Thailand on holiday or some crap village gossip i could not care one iota about

this morning she tells me our niece can't walk, she had an accident
    i've been calling all day/night asking if she found out what the deal is and all i get is "mai loo"

thanks, but make sure you let me know when Noot,who lives in France, is going back to Phuket for holiday!!

rant over

Just smile and nod...

It happens with Western girls too.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by pavlov's dogs View Post
    Just smile and nod...
    hard to do when they make it sound like your neice is paralyzed!
    and i adore her

anyways just a MB accident
    but i still had to ask her 20 times to find out what is going on before we got the report

a classic miscommunication but told her to not use the words "can not walk" in that way

also, when i asked her why a 13yr old girl was driving a MB she looked at me like i was an idiot!!

Its why I choose to live by myself, so I don't have to put up with listening to inane useless babbling (outside work)
    LivinLOS likes this.

Scatterbrained is when you forget small insignificant things.

So an interesting turn of phrase.

I reckon self-centered or selfishness would be the one's to get upset over.

Or just plain stupidity is a bit unsettling as well.

My perspective is a bit different.. Not that they are not scatterbrains, or self absorbed, or just plain daft sometimes..

But Thais seem to mentally switch off if its something they dont expect to know.. Like I have watched something being explained (directions, how to use a piece of tech, how to do something) and the girl is nodding, agreeing, looking like she is taking it in.. And if you ask 10 seconds later you just get the "I dont know I wasnt listening" type answer. Its like if its outside of a certain comfort zone of expected knowledge, they dont have a curiosity or desire to use mental effort to store it.

I think it comes down in part to the rote learning, in part to self beliefs they have a limited place or skill set, etc etc..

In this case I would assume Ao just went "ohh thats medical, I am not a doctor, I dont understand 'nerves' and stuff" and switched off the listening part with only "can not walk" being the point she needed to know.
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    My perspective is a bit different.. Not that they are not scatterbrains, or self absorbed, or just plain daft sometimes..

But Thais seem to mentally switch off if its something they dont expect to know.. Like I have watched something being explained (directions, how to use a piece of tech, how to do something) and the girl is nodding, agreeing, looking like she is taking it in.. And if you ask 10 seconds later you just get the "I dont know I wasnt listening" type answer. Its like if its outside of a certain comfort zone of expected knowledge, they dont have a curiosity or desire to use mental effort to store it.

I think it comes down in part to the rote learning, in part to self beliefs they have a limited place or skill set, etc etc..

In this case I would assume Ao just went "ohh thats medical, I am not a doctor, I dont understand 'nerves' and stuff" and switched off the listening part with only "can not walk" being the point she needed to know.
    yeah, i am not having a go at TG's
    but i guarantee with the communication gap, and what you said above......this wouldn't happen if i were married to a Canada
    she is not even close to being anything like self absorbed
    it just blew my mind i had to ask her 20 times to find out exactly what is going on when the last i heard Noon couldn't walk but i knew the date of her best friend's wedding that was half way across the world 6 months on advance and got updated on that every month!! 55

i think most females will tell their husbands shit we just don't care about(check that, all of them!) but the amount of stuff i don't need to know is told me

her-"you know man Germany you meet 8 years ago, stay with lady who have dog with 3 leg? he come Thailand for holiday"
    me-"sweet, could you be kind enough to inquire if our niece Noon is paralyzed, thanks, i'll will mark down when Klaus is coming to Thailand while you do that"
    LivinLOS and Thin White Duke like this.

Funny thread, thanks for sharing
    Thin White Duke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Well, you have a choice to find an intellectual match and then get married ... what's the point to bitch about it later?

I'm a bit baffled about talk like this, it's your wife and this is a public forum, it's kind of behind her back as well?

If I have to choose, I don't know what's worse, a TG talking a bit simple or their husbands putting themselves above them intellectually. To me, it lacks a little respect.
    lighten up Francis!! that is a Stripes joke, if you didn't get it

if you spent anytime with Ao and I, you would know this is pretty much all joking, although having to ask her to find out if our niece is paralyzed 20 times was a bit frustrating
    hell, when she finally was on the phone with Noon's mom, i was taking the piss out of her the whole time.....you know once i found out after a day and half that our niece wasn't paralyzed!!! 555

PS-My wife left her clothes in the dryer, so being the lovely husband that i am i took them out and folded them. But she washed her teddy bear too, so i took her underwear and put them on his head and placed the bear on her pillow. so hope not too disrespectful 555 (actually, she coming home soon from working a double, so this joke might not go over too well!!)
    Last edited by marc26; 12th December 2013 at 12:40.

If you had to ask her 20 times maybe you should ask more clearly and precisely - maybe use some Thai 55555!
    ub2yoo and Geespot like this.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post

PS-My wife left her clothes in the dryer, so being the lovely husband that i am i took them out and folded them. But she washed her teddy bear too, so i took her underwear and put them on his head and placed the bear on her pillow. so hope not too disrespectful 555 (actually, she coming home soon from working a double, so this joke might not go over too well!!)
    My friend was married to a girl who had a favourite Teddy Bear she had from childhood.
    Being an ex boy scout he knew about knots and made a hangman's noose and hung the Teddy Bear from the rail in her wardrobe so that when she opened the door, Teddy was hanging with his head to one side, right in front of her.

They divorced shortly after
    LivinLOS likes this.

This joke was posted on TD. I think it fits in real nice in this thread.

Earl and Bubba are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, Chewing tobacco and drinking beer when suddenly Bubba says, "Think I'm gonna divorce the wife - she Ain't spoke to me in over 2 months." Earl spits overboard, takes a long, slow sip of beer and says, "Better think it over ....women like that are hard to find."
    jackal likes this.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    I AM LIGHTENED UP ... definitely ;-)

I can already tell you that putting her underwear on a head of something will not go down too well ;-) Good luck with it 555
    i forgot she was going out after work because one of the Japanese co-workers was going back to Japan
    i heard her stumbling in at 1am......so she hasn't seen said teddy bear yet 555

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    If you had to ask her 20 times maybe you should ask more clearly and precisely - maybe use some Thai 55555!
    i think she understands English enough to understand "hey, can you find out what is going on with Noon"

honestly, although frustrating a bit i found the whole thing a bit amusing and just one of those things you go through when married/living with a TG

Marc. When's the last time you attended temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Marc. When's the last time you attended temple?
    she never wants to go
    i ask her all the time if she wants to go but she doesn't care to
    i'd go anytime she wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    she never wants to go
    i ask her all the time if she wants to go but she doesn't care to
    i'd go anytime she wanted to
    Does this mean she doesn't want anything from Buddha? Do TGs only go when they feel they are not being successful, ie., unemployed? Did she go when she lived in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Does this mean she doesn't want anything from Buddha? Do TGs only go when they feel they are not being successful, ie., unemployed? Did she go when she lived in Thailand?
    she goes quite often when in Thailand, just not here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast