Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pattaya - Photo Tour

Nice TR DP...

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Attachment 360

Orange juice carts are scattered all over Pattaya, 20 Baht for some cold freshly squeezed OJ. There's a guy up near Megabreak on Soi Dianna who has an interesting way of saying Orange Juice, usually visit him in the morning where he always has my oj waiting for me.
    Reminds me of the young girl outside the entrance of LK Metro on Soi Dianna, love the way she says "Orange Juice" (maybe the same family), has the biggest smile too.

Quote Originally Posted by bawdy View Post
    Reminds me of the young girl outside the entrance of LK Metro on Soi Dianna, love the way she says "Orange Juice" (maybe the same family), has the biggest smile too.
    know who you mean, she's always smiling & looks happy. I bought juice nearly every morning from her. So many familiar sights

Anyone else get vertigo on those escalators?

Quote Originally Posted by bawdy View Post
    It may be his daughter, she is usually near the ATM/Pharmacy. His English is limited to Orange juice or Cherry so communications are tricky, his wife does be at his stall too. I wonder how much oj he has to sell each day to make a living.

To finish off my existing batch, some pics that just fall into the other category.

Tailors are everywhere, usually ran by Indians or Bangledeshi's. The shop fronts are just for you to be measured up and pick out the style and fabric. They can be a lot cheaper but quality seems to vary quite a bit so do your research. Expect at least 2-3 fittings after your suit arrives back from the factory so you can get it right. Thai's and Sikhs seem to be more reputable in the tailor business.

DSCF1698.jpg

Gems are one of the tourist traps in Thailand, in short if something seems to good to be true then it usually is, you can expect tuk tuk drivers and hawkers of all sorts to encourage you to go to a shop where there just happens to be a special promotion on just for you. Caveat Emtpor
    DSCF1709.jpg

Baht buses(converted pickups) are a common sight in Pattaya and other parts of Thailand. They drive up and down the main roads of Pattaya all day and beep at people to let them know they're available. For 10 baht you can flag them down and just ring the bell when you want to get off. Pay the driver when you get off, don't talk to him before you get on, you'll be likely charged extra, handy to have exact change too.

DSCF1654.jpg

Cocktail cars pull in, put out a few tables and chairs and for 80baht you can get a pretty nice strong cocktail. Scattered all over Pattaya at evening and nighttime they bring their own lights and music and add a really nice option for some al fresco drinking.

DSCF1927.jpg

Dentistry can be a lot cheaper in Thailand then your own country. Pattaya has loads of dental clinics which offer a walk in service for basic stuff like cleaning or whitening. Most have websites and can be emailed in advance for the more serious stuff. Have used a few clinics and always found them to be very good in terms of quality, hygiene and price.

DSCF2027.jpg

^^^ I like how it specifically says no aids 55555
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ^^^ I like how it specifically says no aids 55555
    Always a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Always a bonus!
    Wouldnt want that again..

Great photo's and info, DP

Thanks for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12