Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Samui-one year on

Samui-one year on

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    yep...we are getting some effects of it but nowhere near as bad as Phuket and the mores southern province here...like Hat Yai, Yalla. Songkla etc

Last week we had one really bad day..iirc it was Wednesday...I couldn't even see the mountains right behind my house...gives the days a strange moody atmosphere
    Ok thanks. Hope it doesn't last too long....

Fortunately the haze situation has come and gone...possibly washed away by the commencement of our wet season here which lasts from about mid October until pretty much Xmas time

Most of October was pretty dry/normal however this past week we have been getting some decent heavy showers mixed with some consistent drizzle and sunny patches...the place has really greened up in just a week...its way cooler and kinda nice however the minute the cloud cover goes and the sun comes out you feel like you are getting sucked up with the moisture its so hot and humid..this can happen a few times a day so it's can be kinda like 4 seasons in one day atm

the seas are a bit turgid too so I am not swimming at the beach a lot lately...only a couple of times last week....its calmer over on the west coast but I'm too lazy to ride over...just doing my exercise in the pool to keep up a bit of fitness and staying local...I'm still not keen riding the bike in the wet..its just not fun and way more dangerous...so I am at Tesco and the talat more often buying ingredients and cooking at home a more often...even had the neighbours in for dinner a few nights back

I'm heading off to BKK and Si-Saket later in the week...a good mate of mine is having a birthday and getting married within a few days of each other...might check out Ubon for a day or two as well as I fly in and outta there...be good to escape the worst part of the rain here...although I am told its frightfully hot up there on the Cambodian border

I'll be back in time for Thanksgiving...one of the neighbours here is doing an all day feast-athon with turkey and the trimmings at his place so I've promised to be there for that..I'm sure it will be a boozy affair as well 555

Am glad that the haze has gone as on my way to Lamai.
    I don't mind the rain so long as its not continual as I then end up sitting in a bar and drink far too much....
    nelsonone likes this.

So I wonder what itís like 7 years on. Anyone still living there ? Very sad times for the local businesses.
    Dkdude likes this.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415