Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 287
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Samui-one year on

  1. #21
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    55, got a msg, been in bikini bar for 4 hours, no sign of nelson yet, oh well, mai bpen rai, might have a few more and see what happens.
    mr snowy is pretty casual bout things like that. 55
    Bike was out of action yesterday mate...didn't get up there until late afternoon....the staff told me with a giggle that there were two old people, one lady, one man, looking for a fat bloke with no hair..."is that you"...555....gotta love those cheeky Thais...I am off up for lunch in about half an hour if you see this and can get a message to them

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    yep...as GD says Chaweng is protected by a reef so gets less wave action than Lamai in general...but it depends on the prevailing conditions...yesterday lamai was like a millpond and the water quality was superb...possibly the best and clearest since I have lived here...it was as good as the Andaman sea at its best ...and that is really saying something

    One thing I don't like about Chaweng but which should suit you for kids is that is very shallow...and you can walk out a hundred metres or so and still only be up to your knees

    October is the start of wet season here...or should I say it can be as last October was beautiful with hardly any rain...with the rain comes the high seas so you can be lucky or not...bear in mind its a tropical island so its subject to showers al year round....but its been quite hot and we have had very little rain of late...the good thing about Samui being an island though is that there is always shelter from wave action...the east coast (Chaweng/Lamai) gets most of it whilst the west coast is protected from it by the mainland...a quick trip over to Mae nam or Baan Bamg Por will pretty much always see calmer waters

    Plenty of reputable car companies here...budget on about 1k a day for nice new smallish car (Vios etc)
    cheers mate,1k a day is a great deal. i've only seen lamai and chewang on visits to samui so plan on getting around the whole island this time

  3. #23
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    OK...around the bars....

    starting with Dragon Bar where I like to just sit back and enjoy the talented dancers...I was congratulated last night by the owner/mamasan when I check-binned as I was taking my 10th bar fine from her bar (see pic2)...I had no idea TBH....she said"next one flee"...."and next one me" 555

    Stillearly might remember pim/pin/porn from pics 4.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nelsonone; 19th May 2013 at 22:59.
    PadMC likes this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    more of the Dragon Girls.....pic 4...my favourite sisters in all Samui...they gave me a fantastic birthday present last year...sadly there won't be a repeat this year..both have been snapped up by lucky punters
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #25
    Senior Member Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    829
    Cheers Nels , all the girls looking good
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

  6. #26
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,143
    Thanks for sharing Nels. Had a brief 6 months stint on Samui back in 2003, and quite enjoyed that island life as well. Lived west of Bophut so not really close to Lamai, but had a few excursions down there. Back then for me the Chaweng night-life was much more appealing with the Reggae Pub pumping as well the discos towards the Green Mango. Probably would have chosen Lamai today.

    In comparison, difficult to pit Samui against Phuket. Kind of felt Samui became too small after a while. I needed to do regular visa runs every month, so that may have been part of the reason why I moved back to Phuket.

    On the local front, can’t really say my daily life has been at all bothered by construction sites in Kamala. So far at least. They’re still ravaging the hill-side here which I hate, but probably even worse on Samui. Keep the updates coming.

  7. #27
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    ^ strangely enough there is very little development going on here atm Tom....you can get to bush tracks within a few hundred metres of most towns and find deserted beaches quite easily...virtually no condos with the exception of the Bhoput area

    take your point about visa runs...getting off the island is expensive by air due to the BKK Airways/Thai Airways duopoly but Firefly to KL or Silk to Singapore are options these days

  8. #28
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862

    Billabong Bar

    Billabong Bar is probably the busiest and most popular of all the bars in Lamai.....it has about 60 girls and LBs on it books at any one time and certainly has some of the raunchiest coyote pole dancers on the island..just be careful many a seasoned expat and well worn Thai traveler has come unstuck in here....some of the LBs in Billabong make very convincing women...I still get the occasional one wrong in here..in fact I spend most of my time in BB looking up at the dancers wondering 555
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PadMC likes this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862

    Billabong cont....

    Billabong cont......anyone who can sit with me for an hour in this bar and not get one wrong gets a free beer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PadMC likes this.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,238
    What's your mindset like after having been single there for a few years now Nels? Is the single life the best way for you or are you likely to find one that you like and stick?

  11. #31
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Very convincing ladyboys alright. Had me fooled and I'm sober.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Billabong cont......anyone who can sit with me for an hour in this bar and not get one wrong gets a free beer
    Sounds like an interesting story is brewing ...

    You have to go by the looks in there, the music is too loud to hear it in their voices - at least when I was there.

  13. #33
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Will check it out soon........How is the weather now? We start to get rain in Ranong, but a late start this year.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Oz
    Posts
    162
    Very sexy LB!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Definatly the nicest little airport that I have ever been through.. And the only one that I have ever taken photo's in the mens toilets too 55555
    Last edited by retepg; 20th May 2013 at 20:02.

  16. #36
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    The Silk lounge in BKK has a very nice mens too by the way!

  17. #37
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    What's your mindset like after having been single there for a few years now Nels? Is the single life the best way for you or are you likely to find one that you like and stick?
    whoever knows the answer to that question Steve....

    so far I haven't been tempted to settle down with any one girl but there have beeh a few that I have had ongoing relationships with...from both within and without P4P...

    one of the funniest was a local business woman who I had been seeing on and off for a few months...she asked me what I was doing for Xmas about 3 weeks out...I of course asked her to join me and my friend at Nikki for the day...she declined saying "sorry I cannot...my BF arrives from Denmark one week before Xmas"....first time I had ever hear her mention him 555

    I have my regulars from P4P as well and will occasionally spend a couple of days at a time with them if they want a break...its up to them if they want to stay longer than the one night they get paid for...mostly we will just take a scoot around the island, have a swim, a nice meal, maybe take in a movie and they are free to go back to the bar whenever they want

    Thai Friendly is also a good source of meeting girls/women here...been out on quite a few dates with women who get in contact from that site...mostly its just friendship...meet for a meal, maybe take in a movie....but I always let them take the lead...funny but so far none has come from at it from a P4P angle...they are mostly middle management from hotels, hospitality (2 chefs), marketing backgrounds, tourism (one speedboat captain 555) waitresses etc etc...all have been great so far

  18. #38
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Will check it out soon........How is the weather now? We start to get rain in Ranong, but a late start this year.
    perfect mate but tending to hot sunny days...no rain for a couple of weeks...not even a shower...sea is clear and lovely (not that this would effect you)...and they sell Leo here 555

    let me know when it suits you to come over

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    whoever knows the answer to that question Steve....

    so far I haven't been tempted to settle down with any one girl but there have beeh a few that I have had ongoing relationships with...from both within and without P4P...

    one of the funniest was a local business woman who I had been seeing on and off for a few months...she asked me what I was doing for Xmas about 3 weeks out...I of course asked her to join me and my friend at Nikki for the day...she declined saying "sorry I cannot...my BF arrives from Denmark one week before Xmas"....first time I had ever hear her mention him 555

    I have my regulars from P4P as well and will occasionally spend a couple of days at a time with them if they want a break...its up to them if they want to stay longer than the one night they get paid for...mostly we will just take a scoot around the island, have a swim, a nice meal, maybe take in a movie and they are free to go back to the bar whenever they want

    Thai Friendly is also a good source of meeting girls/women here...been out on quite a few dates with women who get in contact from that site...mostly its just friendship...meet for a meal, maybe take in a movie....but I always let them take the lead...funny but so far none has come from at it from a P4P angle...they are mostly middle management from hotels, hospitality (2 chefs), marketing backgrounds, tourism (one speedboat captain 555) waitresses etc etc...all have been great so far
    An interesting perspective, I've often wondered how it would pan out.

  20. #40
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Hmmm, "speedboat captain"....what was HIS name again 555

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •