Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Chiang Mai - money exchange

Exclamation Chiang Mai - money exchange

Visitors to Thailand may use Credit/Debit cards, Travelers Cq's, or cash for daily expenses. A Credit Card is often best for major accommodation car hire, and other large items, but cash may be brought in and exchanged for Thai Baht (THB) at any Bank or FX booth.

Exchanging your (USD, AUD, GBP, EUR, etc) cash (or Traveller's Cq's) for THB at the best possible rate may be done at several non-bank locations in Chiang Mai:-

There's a Super Rich on Loi Kroh Rd near Raming Lodge Hotel .... and my favourite >

SK SAKOL Money Exchange which is conveniently located at the far eastern end of Loi Kroh, 20m from BM Jaffaman's Downunder Bar and River Market Restaurant (RM Restaurant carpark is to right of photo below).

K2 likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

K2
    I agree that SK Sakol (pic above) by the Iron Bridge has the best rates I've found in CM to exchange money.

For those going to Myanmar however - the Super Rich in Loh Kroh is the best place to get pristine, unmarked USD bills that are still required for exchange - unfortunately SK stamp all their bills for authenticty making them worthless in Myanmar.
    Its My Life .....!