Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Captain
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: High end Karon GF resort ?

High end Karon GF resort ?

Afternoon Gents

Can anyone recommend a high end hotel/resort in the Karon beach area, beach front if possible. Will be travelling in June.

I have looked on the GF websites but most places seem low end. Thought I would try some local knowledge before sending e-mails to hotels, with the majority no doubt replying that they are not.

Cheers

Rattlin

one of the regular PI members used to stay at the Karon Hilton and said it was GF...I'd want that in writing before booking though

Cheers Nelson - I'll mail them but if they are like Hilton Patts they will come out with company line that they are not even though they are.

Thanks for the heads up though

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    one of the regular PI members used to stay at the Karon Hilton and said it was GF...I'd want that in writing before booking though
    I have stayed there two times, but not lately.
    It was GF then, but things do change so I 100% agree to check first.
    Since Hilton is a large organization, make sure to obtain an email address directly to the hotel.

If things for some reason go wrong, make the reservation for two.
    Register the first girl as you "partner" (even if she arrives later).
    Night after night bring back a new girl and if they stop you just say "already registered".
    I have done this in a couple of hotels in Bangkok that were very strict.
    Swiss˘tel Le Concorde was one of them.

^^^^
    Do they all look the same to the Thais? 55555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    ^^^^
    They do not take pictures and with 1000's walking past the reception daily, they cannot keep track.
    Well, in two high end hotels in Bangkok it worked for me and each time 5-6 girls per stay.

I can imagine responding to a Thai doorman at a 5 star with "my wife is a registered guest" would get his head bowed pretty quickly...so I can see that working...possibly even better if said in Thai with a contemptuous tone

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    ^^^^
    As long as you don't enter with a 1,85 meters long with big boobys one 5555555
    LivinLOS and Dkdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I can imagine responding to a Thai doorman at a 5 star with "my wife is a registered guest" would get his head bowed pretty quickly...so I can see that working...possibly even better if said in Thai with a contemptuous tone
    Kim once flat out attacked a elevator attendant in Bangkok when he said something implying she was coming back to my room as a guest.. I mean launched at him and he was cowering in the corner on the floor wai'ing in near tears.

I did point out if she would wear leopard print mini skirts and have those giant comedy breast implants on display, your sorta asking for that assumption.
    nelsonone and Dkdude like this.

Thanks for the advice gents.

I'm thinking about visiting Karon as part of a Patts double. Patts for madness and Karon (or elsewhere) for a chilled nice beach area with a little bit of action (mainly beer bars). Would you recommend Karon for this or am I better looking at another Phuket area or Samui (I know you're the expert on Samui Nelson). Don't fancy Patong this year.

There's not much beer bars in Karon, I found it pretty boring staying there to be honest and ended up going to Patong most days. Samui seems like a better bet.

well I'd take Samui (Lamai) over Karon any day for a laid back beachside + beer bar atmosphere....especially in June (dry season here vs wet in HKT)....but I already voted (with my feet)

If you are looking for beach and "kick back" Karon is great.
    If looking for bar girls and finding yourself in Patong nightly dragging a girl to Karon, stay in Patong.
    I stayed a Hilton Acadia twice for free, but saved no money compared to having paid for a hotel in Patong considering all the Tuk-Tuk rides

Want to have a break from Patong as didn't really enjoy my last trip - no MTB for one. Although this part of the trip is the chill out bit, if there's a chance that a Karon trip may suck me back to Patong due to being too quiet I'll have a re-think and a look into Samui.

Thanks again for the advice Gents

Why not consider Kamala.. Bit more bar life maybe and a lot of BMs and old faces that side.

Personally, I wouldn't really recommend Kamala in June, as the beach is not that great. Agree with Nelson that Samui might be the better option.

Ahh forgot June.. Agreed..