Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: High season in Patong

High season in Patong

Maybe we should have some protests in Patong to scare away some of the tourists. Hollywood is now charging 300 baht in entrance, and Diablo has raised the price for a soft drink to 190 baht, used to be 110 baht.

Diablo certainly does not give a damn about returning customers, would not let me cancel my soft drink after I saw the price. I have been there many times, and they did remember me, but they would rather loose a customer than let go of that one order. Gave me a couple of blows to the head at the same time. Yes, I know not to argue, but I did not expect that when being a regular and still talking.
    Coolhand likes this.

300 baht to get in Hollywood ? P1ss taking cnuts. Presume includes a drink at least ?
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Gave me a couple of blows to the head at the same time. Yes, I know not to argue, but I did not expect that when being a regular and still talking.
    Jeeez... They give you a few slaps? So much for a night out in Patong.

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    300 baht to get in Hollywood ? P1ss taking cnuts. Presume includes a drink at least ?
    Yes, sorry. Forgot to say that it includes a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Jeeez... They give you a few slaps? So much for a night out in Patong.
    Didn't really hurt, was more of a surprise. And I pretended I didn't notice it which probably made him more pissed off.

After that I went to Hollywood where I realized that I better go home.

Didn't really hurt, was more of a surprise. And I pretended I didn't notice it which probably made him more pissed off.
    Still though, bad form. I'd be avoiding that spot.

Diablo certainly does not give a damn about returning customers, would not let me cancel my soft drink after I saw the price. I have been there many times, and they did remember me, but they would rather loose a customer than let go of that one order. Gave me a couple of blows to the head at the same time. Yes, I know not to argue, but I did not expect that when being a regular and still talking.
    Nasty staff on the door. Once had a little guy want to fight me because I didn't want to order a drink before entering the venue. I pointed at the sign that said "No Cover Charge", he just shoved the menu in my face.

Unusual for Raw to have such aggressive staff..

Prices are prices, Jeff was unhappily recounting the amounts he has to pay in salaries for top dancers now in Patong, but being slapped by staff when not being aggressive or trouble is way out of order.

I dont hink that diablo is run by Raw. I think a swedish guy "owns" and calls himself king kong.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Unusual for Raw to have such aggressive staff..

Prices are prices, Jeff was unhappily recounting the amounts he has to pay in salaries for top dancers now in Patong, but being slapped by staff when not being aggressive or trouble is way out of order.

Not run by Jeff -in fact bitter opposition being next door and trying to block customers entering SW1 and trying to pinch his staff.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Saw the price in Diablo on my last trip too - had one drink and left, won't go back. Then again it was packed, so there are still people who will happily pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Not run by Jeff -in fact bitter opposition being next door and trying to block customers entering SW1 and trying to pinch his staff.
    I am confusing devils den with diabilo ??

There was one hell themed one no ??

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I am confusing devils den with diabilo ??

There was one hell themed one no ??
    Devil's Playground (Suzie Wongs 2) Bangla rd end of Soi Seadragon (2-3 bars in on RHS).

Diablo - next to Suzie Wongs 1 (same side) - Kee Plaza end of Soi Seadragon.

Unfortunately with High Season/New Police Chief it's all pasties and panties ATM.
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 14th January 2014 at 09:56.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Gotcha.. Of course I confused Devils Playground and apologies to bring Jeff into it then.
    Fish likes this.

sorry to hear that...always had a good time in Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    sorry to hear that...always had a good time in Diablo
    Me too, I liked it especially because the music is not so loud as in Raw's places. Guess I better buy some ear plugs

Been doing Patong less and less frequently in the past years. Certainly noticed the price increase, as well as all the other changes...

Still, need that outing a few times a month, and usually only end up in Seduction. Generally not that crowded, has decent music and a fair bit of mix between Thais, Euros and the Ruskie pros. Not that I ever take anyone home, but still kind of enjoy the vibe there.

Doesn’t hurt either that for some reason they started giving me free entrance and waived me through the lines a few years ago, and that has continued after the move to Bangla. Only mentioning that because if they had not, I probably would head into Patong even less frequently. Plus, I know the taxi drivers and they give me a (slight) discount ever so often. Problem is of course that it would take years to build up those kinds of perks. That is, to even make it worthwhile for me to do the occasional Patong trip these days.

Thanks for the heads up. When I go to a new place, I always ask about the price before going in but not when going into a place, I have been many times before.

Maybe we should have some protests in Patong to scare away some of the tourists. Hollywood is now charging 300 baht in entrance, and Diablo has raised the price for a soft drink to 190 baht, used to be 110 baht.

what do you mean, a couple blows to the head?
    like, jokingly, or they actually hit you?

They actually hit me. I was talking with the lady manager in front of Diablo and then one of the doormen hit me. A little later while still discussing he hit me one more time. Came out of the blue both times. It was not like I was running away, yelling or threatening in any way. I was trying to reason with the manager that I was a frequent customer and that the can had not been opened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast