Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pavlov's dogs
  • 1 Post By marc26

Thread: Kasikorn employee email

Kasikorn employee email

Ok, Ao thinks i am an ass for questioning it

but they are going for that mortgage i asked about and AO needs to send her RBC bank statements to Kasikorn
    the thing is she gave me a hotmail account to send them to
    does that seem odd to you that a bank employee uses a hotmail account and not a Kasikorn account?

thanks

Not knowing the servers in Thailand i can't give a knowledgeable opinion re a Kasikorn account, but i sure as hell wouldn't give bank details to a hotmail account holder unless i was 100% sure it was genuine!
    Last edited by pavlov's dogs; 10th February 2014 at 21:59. Reason: spelling
    kris-one likes this.

Its very normal in all levels of thai companies to use private emails or commercial servers..

I have explained how unprofessional it looks and you just get 'alai na'..

I would email them and question it if it bothers you.. But as its just statements.. It wouldnt bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Its very normal in all levels of thai companies to use private emails or commercial servers..

I have explained how unprofessional it looks and you just get 'alai na'..

I would email them and question it if it bothers you.. But as its just statements.. It wouldnt bother me much.
    thanks, i will still get AO to question it but it seems odd to me

one thing though, her mom is not a fool
    she always seems to know what is going on and gets things done
    but i don't see a problem with just questioning it
    Last edited by marc26; 11th February 2014 at 01:25.

Well this certainly took a turn for the worse( or best if you ask me!)

I asked Ao just to ask nicely why he would have a hotmail account instead of a Kasikorn email.
    Well, the conversation went quickly downhill and i could tell Ao was really laying into him.

Now, through all this, he was very positive that she would be approved
    Well, it seemed, as soon as she had the gall to question him he went into foolish Thai face and dismissively told her she was "only a server" so he doesn't know if she will get approved.

She then let it rip, telling him that is what is wrong with Thailand, that she knows much richer people in Canada that think being a sserver is a respectable job and then politely told him that she most likely makes more than he does, even though she is "only a server" 555

Good for her, i'd rather give her the 35k cad than deal with BS Thai crap
    Last edited by marc26; 11th February 2014 at 22:49.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post

I asked Ao just to ask nicely why he would have a hotmail account instead of a Kasikorn email.
    Well, the conversation went quickly downhill and i could tell Ao was really laying into him.

Well, it seemed, as soon as she had the gall to question him he went into foolish Thai face and dismissively told her she was "only a server" so he doesn't know if she will get approved.

She then let it rip, telling him that is what is wrong with Thailand, that she knows much richer people in Canada that think being a sserver is a respectable job and then politely told him that she most likely makes more than he does, even though she is "only a server" 555

Good for her, i'd rathe give her the 35k cad than deal with BS Thai crap
    555 Hell hath no fury like a Thai woman scorned. Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post

Good for her, i'd rather give her the 35k cad than deal with BS Thai crap

But thats Thai psyche 101 in a nutshell..

Can never question the person with (however tiny) power.. You have to play the obsequious card all the time.. Pii pii pii etc..

Fair play for Ao growing a pair and getting some overseas experience.. Tho I hope it never bites you in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    But thats Thai psyche 101 in a nutshell..

Can never question the person with (however tiny) power.. You have to play the obsequious card all the time.. Pii pii pii etc..

Fair play for Ao growing a pair and getting some overseas experience.. Tho I hope it never bites you in the ass
    she's been laying into me for years
    nice to see someone else cop it 555

i don't know, maybe it is just me
    if i were deciding if someone was a good prospect for a loan, i would take them questioning where to send their documents and being careful as a good thing

Thai social norms is not to question authority.. Even when its clearly wrong or with an obvious and outright lie.

^ and nowhere demonstrates that more than the immigration office

so this morning I go to do my 90 day report....they have changed the system and introduced an electronic numbering system which is great....anyway after 2 hours of waiting to collect my passport my number is up so I go to the usual collection area where I have been many times but there is a chair with forms sitting in the middle of it...I think nothing of it and walk around it and hold my number up

I hear this booming "what you do" from the girl behind the desk....to which I reply "arai na khap"....I then get a shouted "jut jut" (wait wait)....so I hold my number up to her to show it and "ow passport na khap".... I then get a booming "bpai passport nahn...mai maa tee nee" (passport there...don't come here) and pointed to another area....me "kor toht khap" (sorry) and meekly walk over to the area she pointed to....

fair enough I was in the wrong spot but how was I to know it had changed...and is a chair with plenty of room to walk around it a barrier now?....WTF...had I been the one doing the shouting you could bet your balls I wouldn't be getting my pasport back that day

It is clear to me when I go to deal with Govt employees just how much we farangs are barely tolerated in tourist areas...the contempt is always there just beneath the surface
    Last edited by nelsonone; 12th February 2014 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post

It is clear to me when I go to deal with Govt employees just how much we farangs are barely tolerated in tourist areas...the contempt is always there just beneath the surface
    although i totally agree with you

to be the fair, the immigration procedures and process are fcuked everywhere
    we drive to US border and Ao needs her 6 month card that goes in her passport
    actually, the border agents there are very pleasant but they move at their own pace
    at one point, the whole front staff, about 9 of them, get up and leave for a shift change and leave about 100 people waiting for 20 minutes, instead of staggering the shifts

i need to get a new WP. i am going through the arduous process through work but as a US citizen in a highly qualified job(their words, not mine) i likely fall under exceptions so i can forgo one of the more arduous steps. i will stop in at the airport when i return from a biz trip next month to see if i can just get the WP there, and although i will be armed with plenty of documents to back up my assumption for the exception, it will really fall down to if the agent is having a good day

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ and nowhere demonstrates that more than the immigration office

so this morning I go to do my 90 day report....they have changed the system and introduced an electronic numbering system which is great....anyway after 2 hours of waiting to collect my passport my number is up so I go to the usual collection area where I have been many times but there is a chair with forms sitting in the middle of it...I think nothing of it and walk around it and hold my number up

I hear this booming "what you do" from the girl behind the desk....to which I reply "arai na khap"....I then get a shouted "jut jut" (wait wait)....so I hold my number up to her to show it and "ow passport na khap".... I then get a booming "bpai passport nahn...mai maa tee nee" (passport there...don't come here) and pointed to another area....me "kor toht khap" (sorry) and meekly walk over to the area she pointed to....

fair enough I was in the wrong spot but how was I to know it had changed...and is a chair with plenty of room to walk around it a barrier now?....WTF...had I been the one doing the shouting you could bet your balls I wouldn't be getting my pasport back that day

Phuket Immi now has a dual number system with two different lines of desks.
    The extensions dept took 1.5 hours last time but the other for re-entry permits and 90 day reports was overstaffed with almost an instant call-up.

What caused most of my delay (the longest I've had) was the queue jumping fkn agents bowling up to the Captain's desk (she has to sign off all extensions) with a pile of a dozen or so passports and documents - no fkn numbers for them ...

Actually Noi files my 90 days reports in Patong - 5 minutes and a smile.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    You must have been happy to be back in Phuket, Nels.
    That story today was from Samui Rob....they are clearly overloaded at this time of the year and it shows...there were two women at the front office who were trying to deal with more than 100 queued people in a tiny office with lines running right out into the street...and they weren't happy

To be fair I haven't had any real issues using HKT....but they let you know who is boss there as well and many times I have taken up their hint to give a small donation with them openly singing "ice-cream, ice cream we'd all like some ice-cream"

Never had a problem doing 90 day reports in Pattaya, usually the wait is really short and now they process two passports at the same time.. nothing gets checked and they just stamp the piece of paper and staple it in your passport. Extensions is another story, usually tons of people waiting.