Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sea me spring hotel?

Question Sea me spring hotel?

Always stayed at Areca lodge when in Patts apart from a few nights at Dynasty inn.

Anyone stayed at Sea me spring on Soi 10? Whats Soi 10 like? I can't remember ever venturing that far to be honest. I liked Areca for ease to Lk Metro and soi dianna and was a nice hotel but is fully booked.

It's quite new, I think Wooders stayed there on one of his previous trips. Looks quite nice and Guest friendly, the only thing putting me off is navigating 2nd road on the way back from Soi Dianna/LK Metro. LK Renaissance is a nice priced hotel in the vicinity, if you're looking to splash out a bit more go for Tim's.

LK Renaissance is nice but its 10 more a night than Sea. Want to keep it <500 for hotel for 2 weeks if i go.

I liked Intimate Hotel last visit. I stayed in Page 10 on Soi 10... didn't think much to the rooms. But Bawdy is a big fan of Sea Me Spring. I like Soi 10.... close to everything. Good little bar collection at the end of the Soi as well.

Sea Me is a cracking hotel. Big well appointed rooms and huge lavish toilets including walk in shower. The decor etc is all top notch. Nice normally quiet roof top pool. Great location for access to 2md Road, LK / Dianna area and of course Beach Road

Intimate Hotel is my favourite but a trend has emerged (i stay there multiple times per year) they are attracting large tour groups (prob Chinese/Japs/Koreans) Not a huge issue but the place seems more packed and harder to get rooms especially near and over weekends

Areca has major building work going on next door that has killed the ambiance of the pool area!!

Crossing 2nd Road is no issue at all............look for a gap and walk out the traffic expect you to do this and will slow accordingly

Cheers for the replies sounds good then. Intimate hotel looks good but is over 15 more a night than Sea me spring.
    I did notice that when you are actually in the road around half way cars and bikes start to slow.. then its like your playing chicken to actually go out infront of them because your not sure if they'll run you down. 55

When are you thinking of going? And will your TG be staying home?

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    When are you thinking of going? And will your TG be staying home?
    PM'd you.

Nels said that if you book directly with SMS , they charge you a membership fee , but
    reduce your room rate , so it ends up cheaper

but my favourite is still Tim ( intimate ) , best price I got recently was direct on the hotel website
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

I'll check out the website, i was very impressed with the tims bar / pool hall, was very flush for Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Nels said that if you book directly with SMS , they charge you a membership fee , but
    reduce your room rate , so it ends up cheaper
    They had that deal when it first opened Ian....it was a yearly membership which I used a few times but I haven't been in Patts for about 18 months now so not sure if it still exists

great hotel BTW as Gee says....

^ SMS still has membership discount.

I don't mind navigating 2nd road when it's daylight and I'm sober but at nighttime and a bit mao is somewhat different.

What's the general consensus on booking trips with the trouble going on? I've been putting off booking for June/July waiting for things to settle down but so long as the airport doesn't get taken over like before Pattaya seems to be fairly oblivious.
    Last edited by dontpanic; 24th February 2014 at 16:59.

i would book a trip making sure I have easy coverage decent level travel insurance. One that isnt going to give me a problem and pay up in the event of a need to change.

If you're really worried, avoid Bangkok and fly into Phuket (from Oz, fly JetStar, which has direct flights from Melbourne to Phuket on the new Dreamliner [which I will be flying next time], or AirAsia via KL), though only if you are an extremely cautious person. Thai AirAsia X will also start flying to Melbourne direct from Phuket in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I don't mind navigating 2nd road when it's daylight and I'm sober but at nighttime and a bit mao is somewhat different.

What's the general consensus on booking trips with the trouble going on? I've been putting off booking for June/July waiting for things to settle down but so long as the airport doesn't get taken over like before Pattaya seems to be fairly oblivious.
    I'm thinking of going in a couple of weeks but not booked anything yet. Looking at the FCO website it still says

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkhla on the Thai-Malaysia border.
    The FCO advise against all travel to the Preah Vihear (Khaoi Pra Viharn in Thai) temple area and the Ta Krabey/Ta Moan temple area located on the Thai-Cambodian border due to the presence of troops in the area and the risk of outbreaks of fighting.
    I don't think these warning for specific places/regions has any effect on travel insurance. It's when they advise against all but essential warnings to the whole of Thailand then it's a problem. I'm actually kind of surprised there hasn't been one issued though.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I'm thinking of going in a couple of weeks but not booked anything yet. Looking at the FCO website it still says

I don't think these warning for specific places/regions has any effect on travel insurance. It's when they advise against all but essential warnings to the whole of Thailand then it's a problem. I'm actually kind of surprised there hasn't been one issued though.
    Why are you surprised? The embassy in BKK feed into that system, they pretty much know whats happening on the ground as do expats here. If you stay away from protest sites then you wouldn't really know anything is going on. BKK is a huge city and it's easy to stay away from these places without it affecting your holiday

Things can change quickly here so it's just a matter of reviewing daily as likewise I'm sure the embassy and FCO are doing

Right now i don't feel at risk at all (Suk Soi 11) but i understand that from afar and not seeing whats going on; that can lead to greater concern for people planning a trip

Just that I thought they tend to err on the side of caution. Back when I last went in 2010 and they had all those protests they did issue a Thailand wide warning. But wasn't that similar in that if you didn't actually go to the protest sites in BKK you wouldn't have much idea anything was up. But yeah, i'm sure there is very negligible risk to tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post

When you thinking of going and where? pattaya?

I got 2 weeks holiday from the 12th March. Its been rolled over from last year so I had to take it before the end of March. Was thinking of BKK for a couple of days and possibly Chiang Mai or Koh Samui. Been Pattaya before but didn't get a good feeling. But was a good few years ago tho so might be time to give it another crack. When are you thinking of going back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast