Thread: Minor trip report

Minor trip report

Well im back so i thought i would pass on something about my trip.
    Direct flights from Gatwick are well worth it, nice and easy
    What are they doing to Bangla rd? all the old sois except one are gone and that one is never busy with below par girls, to be replaced with souless mega sois, blaring music which loses its old charm and welcome as the girls dont really play games anymore, where has the nail game gone? Dont get me wrong you can still have a ball but these new places seem a little inpersonal.
    Prices-in tiger bar complex girls wanted 3k+800 BF!!! 250thb for a vodka in hollywood! Ive always gone for the FLs from the clubs anyway and their rates dont seem to have changed.

Koh Phi Phi
    Pleasantly surprised with the diving there, i wasnt expecting too much from it but i would say that it matched the similans without the hassle of living on a boat. Not world class if you are an experienced diver but certainly still enjoyable.
    There are some SERIOUSLY hot young european girls on this island, unfortunately they are turning it into magaluf! every night on the beach all the bars compete so its just a wall of sound, the fire shows are good, not so many russians here more swedes i would say. If you go to the other side of the island you can still find some nicer quieter bars with live music.

Top tip: never stay at Phi Phi Charlie hotel.

Wow that's just crazy, but I guess people must be paying it.

Nail game often on Soi Seadragon - looks dangerous if you're wasted 555.

So they've shutdown Soi Easy/Gonzo etc???? I know they were quiet, but a bit surprising.

Sounds like Bangla is changing for the worse? Prices are pretty outrageous, any pics of the new developments?

I'm out tonight, I'll take pics if I'm not too drunk and forget :P

Might be interesting to take a trip to Karon to check out if the nightlife there has changed much, we've had a few posts lately asking about Karon and Kata.

The soi where Hollywood is seems to be shutdown - always get mixed up, that one Gonzo I think?

On the plus side Soi easy seemed a lot busier!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    250thb for a vodka in hollywood! Ive always gone for the FLs from the clubs anyway and their rates dont seem to have changed.
    You missed the 300 baht cover (with drink ticket) and if you walk in with a Thai girl they make you pay cover for her too. Beers 220, soft drinks 120, bath room "tip" 100 (I don't think anyone washes their hands any more, 555).

Vip area requires purchase of bottle service which starts from 3000 - 4000 baht depending on what you get.

On the flip side, Tai Pan has kept there prices relatively stable and low an behold it's packed every night... must be where all the cheap charlies like to hang out, 555

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    The soi where Hollywood is seems to be shutdown - always get mixed up, that one Gonzo I think?

On the plus side Soi easy seemed a lot busier!
    Soi Easy is where Hollywood Disco is. The beer bars in Easy got knocked out and got replaced by The Club (Patong) or Hollywood Lite. Even that Bartending School bar moved out on to Bangla Road where Au Bon Paine use to be. The Capsule Pub is still located at the back but you wouldn't know it unless a Thai person wanted to take you there.