Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bangkok Hotels

Bangkok Hotels

Any personal reccommendations for Bangkok hotels? I'm a Soi 4 kind of guy so haven't stayed outside the area foe a long while. I would like to build a map with hotels plotted on it so it's not about budget, it's very much about personal preferances and access to attractions or transport.

On Soi 4 , I stayed at the Dawin , very nice hotel
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    What are you paying? Is there a pool there? I like the Majestic suites at around 1600baht but no pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Stayed here for 2 nights. Seemed nice enough. Can't remember how much i paid. Not the biggest room but fine for my needs.

And I like the cool button, instead of hanging something on the outside!

I quite like the Citadine Hotels which are based on Soi 8, 11, 16 and 23. And also Aspen Suites on Soi 2.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Q.kyTlJGTmO-04

Just trying to share the map, I thought I would be able to embed it here but it seems not.

A nice list here... with approx prices... Guest Friendly Hotels in Thailand: GF Hotels Bangkok

and a starter map...

PadMC likes this.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Stayed at On8 last trip.

Not to much noise in on8? Do the rooms have a window?
    I allways go to the Adelphi Suites in Soi 8
    Robaht likes this.

^ I did have a small window, but some may not. No issue with noise, found Soi 8 to be a relatively quiet Oasis from Sukhumvit actually, and the nearby 8 Inn had some great eats at a decent price for BKK.

Grand President, soi 11, junoir suite is huge for about $80/night. Getting dated now. Good service, nice pool, great breakfast. Great view of the city from the higher floors. Huge windows.

Citadines soi 11, I seem to recall it running about $75/night for a small suite. Much smaller than Grand Prez, but more modern. Breakfast sucked. Further into the soi, so it's a longer walk to soi 4.

Aspen Suites, soi 2, decent suite and fairly modern. $75/night iirc, bit of a walk to get to Nana along a sometimes dark and quiet street (I've never had problems tho). Tucked away from everything so it's quiet, but not convenient for going to the store or hitting any restaurants quickly.

Majestic Suites. Uber location, stumbling distance to Nana. $50/night. Smallish room, but clean. Taxis will often drop you on the far corner across the road as it'll take 20 minutes just to go down Sukhumvit to a turn around point to get to the correct side of the road. Its a small gripe, and no big deal if you just have a small bag. But with big luggage, crossing Suk is a pain.

World Inn, soi 7/1, cheap, almost backpacker style room in a great location for mongering. Subway right on the corner and Mickey Dees just down the block. I think it ran about $38/night. Passable, but for a little more I'd say go with Majestic Suites if ya can.

Legacy Express, corner of soi 1 & Suk. A little up the road from the action, but a decent room for $50. There's a pizza joint and a 7-11 downstairs, with lots of Thai style food stalls as well. Tried for somewhere different to stay and wasnt disappointed.

Ambassador Hotel soi 11. It's chock full of Indians and I dont really know why. Lots of shops downstairs with hawkers inside the hotel, so that can be annoying. Rooms are about $75/night and the room itself is just "ok". Good location, with Club Climax (freelancers) right there, as well as Villa Market & 7-11 for room supplies. Tons of restaurants on soi 11 as well. It wasnt to my taste as far as the hotel itself goes, but it is a great location.

I have also stayed at the Citadines on soi 22 (I think)... it was a mirror image if the one on soi 11, just nearer to my dentist. Personally, I dont enjoy Soi Cowboy as much as I do soi 4, so I dont like to stay on that end of Suk. But I was with my she-wok and I was just there for the dentist, so I can say it's a decent place at an average price.

All the above places were guest friendly and I never had a problem bringing a friend there... most were booked thru Agoda, but that's just my preference. I usually price check it against booking directly through the hotel website, but I've only found one case where it was cheaper.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 3rd March 2014 at 13:32.
    kris-one likes this.

If anyone is interested in the Soi 11 area, CitiChic on Soi 13 is worth a look, very chic rooms and competatively priced for the area.

Presidents Palace on Soi 11. Very nice hotel and GF.

Surprisingly nothing gf on soi 5? I thought Gullivers was guest friendly given the amount of freelancers that do be in it - They have rooms as far as I recall, the Belaire is a nice hotel that isn't gf but great location and nicely priced in a quiet soi. Much agreed on the Majestic for location, right beside Annies!!

Have stayed in several Bkk hotels over the last year or so and my pick is the President Palace on Soi 11. Extremely professional and courteous staff, Large well appointed rooms, excellent restaurant and really nice swimming pool that gets the sun nearly all day.
    I paid 2075 baht, which in comparison to most of the other hotels in the area is a good deal imo...

Last time I stayed at the Citadines on Soi 11 I found It dated and in need of a lick of paint. I do like the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 due to its ultra convenient location, but it's overpriced at 2000 for a deluxe room when comparing to the President Palace.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Usually alternate between the On8 and S Suites. Just pick whichever is cheaper.

Some of the rooms in both properties are oddly shaped and can be on the small side.

No bum gun in the On8 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post

No bum gun in the On8 either.
    How quickly we come to appreciate the nice little touches in Thailand, and miss them when they aren't there

Thanks for the input so far fellas, I think the map will fill out really well.

If your budget fits, the Adelphi is good … especially since soi 8 is just such a great location with a somewhat Phuket feel to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast