Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cashpoint

Thread: Pattaya day trips

Pattaya day trips

Another noob question. What sort of day trips are there to do in Pattaya? Anything on the lines of Island trips? (Are there even any islands near by?!)

Plenty of golf in the area, which will work for some. Not sure about day trips, I've never really looked beyond the obvious forms of entertainment there

One thing I would not hesitate to recommend is to NOT hire jetskis. There's rarely a day goes by without a story of some poor sap being gouged by those boys.

You can take a motorbike down to Sattahip or a ferry over to Koh Larn (main ferry terminal is just beyond the Southern End of WS).

I've been to Koh Larn a few times and enjoyed it. Ferries go about every half hour or so in the morning and the last one back is at about 6pm. There are something like 6 beaches there - you can hire a motorbike for about BHT200 a day if you want to explore them all or just get a songtheaw (it's about BHT20 each) if you just want to go to one.
    kris-one likes this.

I recently went to Koh Samet for a few days. Taxi from Patts to Rayong (1000 baht) then speed boat to Samet ( 800 return ).
    Well worth a visit, though for a few days rather than a day trip..
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

if you scuba dive there are some surprisingly good dive spots out off nearby islands to explore as well as a couple of wrecks

I've seen giant turtles, huge schools of barracuda + skipjacks, leopard + banana sharks, loads of moray eels + rays and plenty of large colourful tropical fish of various species + sizes out there

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    if you scuba dive there are some surprisingly good dive spots out off nearby islands to explore as well as a couple of wrecks

I've seen giant turtles, huge schools of barracuda + skipjacks, leopard + banana sharks, loads of moray eels + rays and plenty of large colourful tropical fish of various species + sizes out there
    Yes I finally did my open water last year in Pattaya, saw a surprising amount of stuff, my favorites turtles, sea horses and cuttlefish.
    This June will be Koh Tao where I suspect the vis will be a lot better!

Day trips in Pattaya
    Nong Nooch
    Flight of the gibbon
    Sanctuary of truth <-- only an hour or two.

I've had Koh Larn recommended to me a few times as a nice island day trip, Jomtien beach aka the darkside also seems worth a trip for a change of scenery.

Jomtien is different to darkside..

Darkside is the whole area to the east of sukhumvit highway.. With bright side being the coastal / walking st / low numbered sois side.

There's some fun to be had darkside but it's hit and miss.. Some fun short time swimming pool and jacuzzi setups.

^^Yep meant to say and instead of aka, Jomtien has a bar scene too and some places run day trips out there, seems to be a popular jaunt but I reckon there's enough bars in Pattaya to keep most people happy.