Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pattaya food

Pattaya food

Any personal favourites for some western food in Pattaya?

Pattaya beer garden springs to mind for a nice spot with a big menu, Robins nest and Jollys up around Buakhao is nice, I also like the Pastarito on LK for nice pizza. If coming from the Soi Dianna beer bars heading towards 2nd road there's two places, once called beefeater and the other is a Belgian place(Patricks??) which I've heard very good things about but never eaten in, it's in the covered area with all the tailor shops. I did like the food in Dicey Reilys on 2nd road but it is a bit pricy for Patts.

Yeah we been to robins nest. Wasn't too bad. Just went in again just now and they do a Sunday carvery. It's completely packed so must be pretty decent.

I think that carvary is pretty good value too if memory serves.

Pattaya Beer Garden is good during the day, but service at night is terrible. Takes quite a long time to get your food. Still, if ya go before you're actually hungry, you'll be able to enjoy a few rounds while you wait 45 minutes or more for your food to be ready.

Kiss food on the corner of Soi Diana... yeah, I know it aint farang food, but it's cheap and it's 24/7...

Lots of kebob/shwarma places around for cheap eats.

There's that steak house 1/2 way between 2nd road and LK Metro... forgot the name... Beefeater, I think? Very good food. Not terribly expensive, just more than the low end joints I tend to frequent.

Beefeater easily best steak I've had in Pattaya
    Big Horn opposite no bad either
    Patricks starters were nice , but steak disappointing.
    Nicky's on Soi Boakhow does a nice Sunday dinner.
    Devonshire on Soi Lengkee does really nice cheap and cheerful farang food.
    Chollys Ok, but flies everywhere puts me off.
    Robins Nest just disgusting
    Happy Burger on Soi Lengkee best last night snack bar i've found.
    Greggs Kitchen on Drinking Street is excellent.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Oh, and Butchers Arms on Soi Boakhow more than decent farang food too.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Pattaya Beer Garden is good during the day, but service at night is terrible. Takes quite a long time to get your food. Still, if ya go before you're actually hungry, you'll be able to enjoy a few rounds while you wait 45 minutes or more for your food to be ready.

Kiss food on the corner of Soi Diana... yeah, I know it aint farang food, but it's cheap and it's 24/7...

Lots of kebob/shwarma places around for cheap eats.

There's that steak house 1/2 way between 2nd road and LK Metro... forgot the name... Beefeater, I think? Very good food. Not terribly expensive, just more than the low end joints I tend to frequent.

Is soi Diana the one off 2nd road which leads into LK metro?

^ yep...it has the Areca on it
    kris-one likes this.

Pattaya food

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    Robins Nest just disgusting
    Nomis showed me some bangers and mash he had in there. The sausages looked like an african elders pecker. He said it was not too bad tho.
    Last edited by kris-one; 16th March 2014 at 19:33.

agree with Dan...Big Horn and Beefeater good for meat lovers...also Mantra and Blue Olive...but its been a while since I was in Patts

'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Nomis showed me some bangers and mash he had in there. The sausages looked like an african elders pecker. He said it was not too bad tho.
    Truly disgusting place.......should be firebombed

Beefeater quality of steak is quite incredible for the price

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Truly disgusting place.......should be firebombed

Beefeater quality of steak is quite incredible for the price
    Had a very nice thin frying steak, salad and fries with couple orange shakes for bout 550. Really good value I thought.

There is a place opposite Beefeater it may be Big Horn I can't remember. Though it had an Eastern European feel to it. But I was telling Bacon about it a while back... I ordered roast beef... and instead got the most succulent medium rare steak... for around 250 baht if I remember correctly. Went back next night and ordered roast beef again... another delicious steak... 555

There are two very good Italian restaurants. Can't remember the names though. One is on 2nd near the corner of Diana towards WS. The other is on beach road around the corner left from Soi 6. It's a big place.

I thought beefeater 'ok' but not worth the raves I was told about before going there.. One person I know said it was the best steak of his life and it was just OK to me having tried 2 or 3 times. Not saying bad or anything, just not up to that kind of claim. Not expensive tho.

Had a great meal (and a second one a little less so) in the Italian on beach Rd.. Probably somewhere around 6 - 10.. Forget its name but had a good meal with BU and a nice bottle of wine at acceptable prices. IIRC even had rabbit on the menu.

Solid pub grub feeds at the sportsman on 13.. Does a sunday carvery that looked value also but I was too horribly hungover to attempt anything like that at that time of day.

Full english's at the billabong (??) on LK Metro and the place directly opposite (Irish Rovers ??) both solid offerings and real coffee. I refuse to return to anywhere that serves nescafe instead of coffee and these both oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    There is a place opposite Beefeater it may be Big Horn I can't remember. Though it had an Eastern European feel to it. But I was telling Bacon about it a while back... I ordered roast beef... and instead got the most succulent medium rare steak... for around 250 baht if I remember correctly. Went back next night and ordered roast beef again... another delicious steak... 555
    No eastern euros places there, it's either Big Horn of Patrick's (Belgian)

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I thought beefeater 'ok' but not worth the raves I was told about before going there.. One person I know said it was the best steak of his life and it was just OK to me having tried 2 or 3 times. Not saying bad or anything, just not up to that kind of claim. Not expensive tho.

Had a great meal (and a second one a little less so) in the Italian on beach Rd.. Probably somewhere around 6 - 10.. Forget its name but had a good meal with BU and a nice bottle of wine at acceptable prices. IIRC even had rabbit on the menu.

Solid pub grub feeds at the sportsman on 13.. Does a sunday carvery that looked value also but I was too horribly hungover to attempt anything like that at that time of day.

Full english's at the billabong (??) on LK Metro and the place directly opposite (Irish Rovers ??) both solid offerings and real coffee. I refuse to return to anywhere that serves nescafe instead of coffee and these both oblige.
    I think Beefeater is really good value for money but it's a huge stretch to think its the best steak, albeit it might actually be that for some peeps. The problem in BKK for example is there are some really good steak places but jeez the price is astronomical and way more than I would be willing to pay on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I think Beefeater is really good value for money but it's a huge stretch to think its the best steak, albeit it might actually be that for some peeps. The problem in BKK for example is there are some really good steak places but jeez the price is astronomical and way more than I would be willing to pay on a regular basis
    Agree that its often the way that steaks are either a few 100b and very average, or multiple 1000s.. I dont mind a grand or even a bit more for an excellent one, once in a while, but it seems to be between 2 extremes.

Theres a Franco / Belgian place I have heard about up here that I keep meaning to go try..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast