Thread: A Travellers Guide

A Travellers Guide

We've kicked this idea around for a couple of days and I'm going to do a series of 'Travellers Guides'. The intention is to come up with a format that is informative and pleasing on the eye.

I'm not pretending to be an expert, I just happen to have the time and the inclination to do it. I'm going to start with an Udon Thani thread, anyone who has relevant experience or thoughts is very welcome to chip in.

I would suggest the first (few) posts be made and edited to stay a current detailed format.. then discussion or additions after can be added to posts at the start..

Almost wiki like.

Sure, my knowledge will be exhausted pretty quickly so adding to and editing is sensible.

A source of maps and some help posting them would be great if anyone can help there?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Sure, my knowledge will be exhausted pretty quickly so adding to and editing is sensible.

A source of maps and some help posting them would be great if anyone can help there?
    I think a Asia info mapping project is a great idea and will do it as soon as I return to Thailand.. that will allow us to include waypoints and markers simply and easily..

You can then link to maps at various zoom levels very simply..

But super simple is to add a market or waypoint, or collection of them to a Google map.. then just do a screen grab, and crop the image to a nice fixed format size.