Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Weird Pattaya

Weird Pattaya

Couple weird/scary things last night.

First I seen a few stickers in toilets and lamposts advertising 'Blood Cleaning' services.. WTF?! It says you can cure yourself from HIV and other blood viruses by somehow giving your blood a good clean! 5555 It was naturally light on details. I imagine it's some new age hippie good karma type shizzle and would be about cleansing oneself through getting in touch with your inner cleaning powers.. Major lolz

Now the scary one... Was having a beer opposite Marine Disco on walking street. BBQ and fruit seller just in front. Suddenly something happened with a farang and the BBQ guy. He starts trying to find something hidden away under the cart... Out comes a big knife!!! Races around the side of the cart and tries to hack the guys head!!! The farang covers up his face/head but gets hacked on the forearm. Lots blood and looks pretty nasty. The guy looked completely shocked and made a hasty retreat back to top of walking street. And the BBQ guy, with a complete blasť attitude, picks up his cart and waddles off down the road. I asked couple of girls I was sitting next to and they said there is problem/fighting literally every night on walking street, so much so someone getting hacked with a knife doesn't even register!

Maybe the blood cleaning is like what the Egyptian Army claimed was their cure for HIV?
    Egyptian army's AIDS-cure claim gets harsh criticism - CNN.com

As for the hacking.. are there no police/tourist police in Pattaya? That type of thing is horrible for a tourist destination.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    As for the hacking.. are there no police/tourist police in Pattaya? That type of thing is horrible for a tourist destination.
    They are generally out in force along WS.

Pattaya has never felt particularly aggressive to me, would be a shame if that is becoming typical.

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    They are generally out in force along WS.
    Yeah there are quite a lot. Just so happened none in sight at this time. A couple of police did come up bout 5 mins later and seemed be talking to some Thais bout where the BBQ guy had gone but none looked too bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Pattaya has never felt particularly aggressive to me, would be a shame if that is becoming typical.
    I definitely feel it. Last night some complete knob, who I later found out was british, started getting really aggressive with nomis for standing 'close' to his supposed gf. He then snatched his gfs phone and stormed off. Another first.

I saw some drunken moron farang shove the human statue on WS. Bad idea. The statue dude was quickly aided by about half a dozen pissed off LB's and they chased to idiot down the road... didnt see how that played out.

I was going to leave a gogo once and kinda knew the mgr. He said "hold off on leaving for a minute or two". I gave him a quizzical look. He said "the bouncers from 2 clubs are beating the shit out of some drunk farang. He caused problems in the first place, then went into the second and shoved the mamasan when she said he was too drunk to be served. Staff dragged him outside, then the doormen from the first bar saw what was going on and decided to jump in. Probably better if you wait until it's over before going out there." It was one of those clubs on a side soi, not directly on WS.

So although I have heard of lots of scams and the LB's getting aggressive in Pattaya... the only times I've been somewhat exposed to actual violence it was some drunk farang that was the cause. I think people go to Patts, get too drunk and think they can literally get away with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I think people go to Patts, get too drunk and think they can literally get away with anything.
    But what on earth would cause someone to think like that? I can't think of any foreign destination where being drunk and trying stuff like that would be tolerated, let alone Thailand!

I'm betting the people that do act like that probably act the same all over the world, and would likely receive the same treatment. I've even seen it happen in Singapore which is such a passive and peaceful country compared to Thailand (partly due to the extremely strict laws) - yet morons still get drunk and cause trouble and then get laid out by locals after being pushed too far. They're not in their home country so act like complete dicks.

I must have been lucky over the years , never really seen any violence in Patts ,only a big fight at the reggae bar in Samui about 20 years ago and a bunch of Thais chasing a tourist down Soi Gonzo a couple of years ago
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Cheap beer and cheap women, lots of sun too. Not always a good combo, anyway I've seen plenty of drunken idiots where I live let alone abroad. Booze just doesn't agree with some people. Have to say the Russians seem to get themselves into the worst state drink wise, that and the language and culture barriers means that stuff like this is bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I definitely feel it. Last night some complete knob, who I later found out was british, started getting really aggressive with nomis for standing 'close' to his supposed gf. He then snatched his gfs phone and stormed off. Another first.
    I bar ??

I was barged in there and nearly had a kick off with some aggressive numpty.. Seems a lot of them there and suspect roid holiday types too.. They all seemed pally with the security also and I know the Insomnia security is famous for giving people beat downs.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I bar ??

I was barged in there and nearly had a kick off with some aggressive numpty.. Seems a lot of them there and suspect roid holiday types too.. They all seemed pally with the security also and I know the Insomnia security is famous for giving people beat downs.
    Loads of have a go's in i Bar, yip roids, loads of English neds and French Arab types as well

Sluts ain't much better, they are so fkin jumped with all their little fans on Facebook they forget they are hookers. One told me I was standing in her space hmmmmmmmmmmm she regretted that 555555555555. Plenty run in with guys deliberatley barging and pushing you

No idea why I keep ending up in there hammered, can only put it down to there being limited options on WS after 4am

I bar ??

No, was in the bars on corner of 2nd road and 10. But he definitely looked the type, baggy vest, a full sleeve, LV man bag, stormed off driving wrong way up 2nd road. Massive twat.

Weird Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Loads of have a go's in i Bar, yip roids, loads of English neds and French Arab types as well

Sluts ain't much better, they are so fkin jumped with all their little fans on Facebook they forget they are hookers. One told me I was standing in her space hmmmmmmmmmmm she regretted that 555555555555. Plenty run in with guys deliberatley barging and pushing you

No idea why I keep ending up in there hammered, can only put it down to there being limited options on WS after 4am
    Haha that perfectly sums up what i thought of I bar. Is much smaller than I thought too. You can spot those famous Facebook types a mile off.

What do you think of marine disco?

I bar ??

No was in the bar complex at end of soi 10 on 2nd road. Didn't realize what was happening because his Kris and another girl were Sat between me and his 'girlfriend' I tried asking him what he was on but the girls kept grabbing me and turning me away and others dragging him out of the bar. He then got on a scooter and headed the wrong way down 2nd road. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Haha that perfectly sums up what i thought of I bar. Is much smaller than I thought too. You can spot those famous Facebook types a mile off.

What do you think of marine disco?
    Marine disco can be ermmmmmmmm fun in a kind of scummy rough as fock sort of way.

A better place to try is The Pier just down from Marine Disco, some good DJ's and sounds in there with plenty of quality FL's

Talk about weird pattaya saw a guy in a go go last night fill up his wooden bin holder with his beer and sat there drinking from it most of it was going on the floor. Pointed it out to one of his friends and we all couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NOM1S View Post
    Talk about weird pattaya saw a guy in a go go last night fill up his wooden bin holder with his beer and sat there drinking from it most of it was going on the floor. Pointed it out to one of his friends and we all couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.
    That guy needs to read our guide to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post

Saw some dude get dragged into the toilets in there back in August. After they dragged him out I went in and the cleaners were quickly cleaning up the blood all over the walls. He probably deserved it though.

And what are you doing walking around at 4am? Should be in bed, playing the horizontal tango by then. 555
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

In my trip to Patts I've never once ventured into the disco's and that's probably going to continue after reading this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast