Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DontPanic on tour 2013

enjoy your trip,maybe you'll get a better deal when checking in,always worth a try

have a a good one me laddo 555

Hope you have a great trip. Have you been to Cambodia before ?, I'm going there for the 1st time on my next trip, so looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Looking forward to hearing about this.. Shame it looks like I will miss you by a day or two in cambo.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    if it was 400 for the whole trip it would probably be worth taking...not your fault they don't fly non-stop
    We are talking Business Class here if it was 400 additional return everyone would be on it. 400 each way is a good deal and I'm sure a bit cheaper than an initial business class fare. I'm usually 1800 to 2200 return with EVA

It was 400 per flight which is 1600 extra and that was the minimum bid. Plus you don't get the chauffer which would have saved airport parking fees and I already get lounge access so I don't think it was worth it. House getting a good scrubbing today as I kill time till I can hit the airport, I'm so used to being up against the clock for the rest of the year it's really different having time to kill. If I took the morning flight I'd be halfway there now 555

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    It was 400 per flight which is 1600 extra and that was the minimum bid. Plus you don't get the chauffer which would have saved airport parking fees and I already get lounge access so I don't think it was worth it. House getting a good scrubbing today as I kill time till I can hit the airport, I'm so used to being up against the clock for the rest of the year it's really different having time to kill. If I took the morning flight I'd be halfway there now 555
    Ahhhhhhhh okay that is steep then. If it was 800 for the full route return then I think that would have been a good deal

Well just checked in and done all that security and queueing crap,airport surprisingly not busy for a June Saturday evening. Sitting in the etihad lounge and about 6people in it. Hard to believe its almost two years to the day when I first set foot in here on route to my first trip to Pattaya.No upgrades on checkin were offered so its gona be a sleeping pill once I get onboard. Next stop Abu Dhabi.
    Last edited by dontpanic; 16th June 2013 at 00:35.

Enjoy your trip DP. Make sure you catch the 1st test next week! 555
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Have a great trip DP! Looking forward to the reports.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

have a good time and the cards look good

Paulie Pet peeve..........when people start there TR when they are sitting in their undies at home a week before actually leaving 555

Enjoy DP, I'll be skimming until you get there myself. 555

Hotel wifi finally figured out so can now give some uptherdates. Uneventful but pleasant trip over,neither plane full but the Dublin leg was noticeably not full. Had no one beside me so got a good sleep on the first leg. Watched the life of pi on the 2nd flight and really enjoyed it. Got a taxi no bother about 320 baht inc tolls,had to direct the driver to the exact location if the hotel tho 555. Upgraded on checkin to a larger room nothing special but extra space to be honest.
    Hit nana last night and its hard sell time there if u aint barfining after a drink they lose a lot of interest, went to dc10 which was empty,mandarin was a little busier as was rainbow 3 but the same attitude in all of them, had fun leaving the business cards here there and everywhere. No barfines but just back from my first trip to annies soapy and very enjoyable it was too,not exactly sabai dee or cristins but well worth a trip. more details in the trip report.
    Spent the day temple hopping between wats po arun and saket,the tourist river boat is a lovely way to get around,reclining buddha is stunning and boy are those steps steep on wat arun. going to get the bts to soi cowboy now but have to go back to the loom. as i forgot my asia info cards . also having a jw in the hotel bar as i type this up. not sure what il be up to 2moro yet have to get some dollars first of all and some suk massage ladies took my fancy earlier,only 3hours of drinking left so more updates later when i get some downtime

And so it begins... Props!!!

Have a great trip mate, are you off to Pattaya?

So jealous! Coming up to a year since I was last there!

Yes off to pattaya for a week once i get back from cambodia,had a good night in soi cowboy in the cowboy 2 gogo but 200 baht lady drinks and at one stage i had 3of them hanging off me,one of them got voted the weakest link and got her marching orders,might check out patpong tomorrow. hell of a lot of fls on the suk 2nite. Time for some sleep. Had a great day in bkk,it truly is one of the worlds great capitals. nite all

Had an only in Thailand moment in annies yesterday, walked in and a bargirl explained the setup and told me theprice I ask do u take visa and she answers yes. So i pick Rose number 20 who was great and gave me a great legit massage along with everything else, I hand the cashier my visa and she says solly no hab!!eh I just asked u did u take visa!rose doesn't look impressed so I toddle off to the atm as I only took enough for a tip and some food after.

There is some amount of Arabic people here,much more than patts. In cowboy2 last night and it was quiet whuch was good as theyve so many girls working there that they had some room to sleep between dancing shifts. Took a wrong turn leaving soi cowboy after deciding to walk back, noticed after a while that the bts line wadnt where it used to be 555.

Going to head to patpong for a daytime stroll through the markets and maybe lumphini if it doesnt rain like it did yesterday but first some breakfast at bullys.

Patpong is nothing during daytime. Just another street in BKK like there are so many. Market starts in the evening. Late afternoon they close the street to set up the market. Bars aren't open either in daytime except a few. In the evening everythings open and you can stroll over the market. Lumphini can be nice, quiet to walk around considering you are in a big city.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

Last night in bangkok,had to try 3exchange places to get dollars but finally changed some in one near the hotel. hsd a few afternoon beers watching the rugby and some nice thai food after,bit sleepy now but will head out later maybe to some beer bars. A very enjoyable few days and looking forward to a completely different atmosphere tomorrow in phnom penh.

^ How was the rate? Is this the best way to get US$ for Cambo v. get at home etc? Enjoy your trip.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast