Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DontPanic on tour 2013

I got 260 dollars for 200 euro,think thats ok it will go a long way in cambodia anyway 555, just ate a lovely kebab for 60 baht,had a nice beerbar night after going into voodoo gogo in nana and getting plagued wit pay arfine requests. Flying to phnom penh at 3pm ,looking forward to a change of pace.

You can get $ from the cash machines on Pub St if you need any more
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I got 260 dollars for 200 euro,think thats ok it will go a long way in cambodia anyway 555, just ate a lovely kebab for 60 baht,had a nice beerbar night after going into voodoo gogo in nana and getting plagued wit pay arfine requests. Flying to phnom penh at 3pm ,looking forward to a change of pace.
    Hmmm voodoo, that's Brian, Ian, Gary & George joint.....a bit of the darkside eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Hmmm voodoo, that's Brian, Ian, Gary & George joint.....a bit of the darkside eh?
    If u mean there were some ladyboys then yes there were however the u pay barfine go loom requests were just insane. Made it my business to take every baht in change,the mamasan wasn't impressed and started waffling in thai I just waved goodbye and gtfo, in addition to ladyboys Nana sure does have excessive silicon these days. Got a couple of nice pics from the balcony bar where the drinks are 59bt. its right beside the st hotel on the 2nd level and has very good views if the nep complex which seems smaller then it did when i first visited 6years ago.

Better get up and pack then get some food. The hotel wanted 600 baht for the taxi so im just going to keep the suitcase in the lobby and stroll up soi 5 and flag a taxi down.

Yeah, knowing that a meter taxi rarely even hits 400 baht to the airport (I've had it as low as 280 baht), that's definitely a rip off price.

Made it to the airforce bar and boy what a welcome 30 girls and me for about an hour,was thinking of taki g it easy tonight but ive got a rush back on so il be here for a while yet,tried to find jims to no avail it was dark so thats my excuse il vheck it out 2moro meanwhile ive a21 yr old cambo chick distracting me!

If you're in airforce bar, you're within 3 minutes walking distance to Jim's...

I'll have a look 2moro when its bright,well really enjoyed d night in airforce,plenty of quality friendly chicks available willing to have fun in d bar and not mention barfines etc. quite taken aback at the difference between here and bangkok,lots more beggars esp kids and very dark at night time,bit off putting on ur fjrst night ut always find getting drunk in a new place settles d nerves. had a lovrly dinnet in the riverfront i think and it some hot hot waitresses. touristy stuff 2moro.
    ken2013 likes this.

Bit mao? haha

Glad your enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by NOM1S View Post
    Bit mao? haha
    It would seem so, hahaa... but I'm glad he's enjoying his first visit to Camboland...

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    It would seem so, hahaa... but I'm glad he's enjoying his first visit to Camboland...
    my 1st night in PP
    i walked around during the day, then had a "happy pizza" and took a nap
    woke up when it was dark, jumped on a MB taxi to go out and it all seemed so dark and i was so high i told the guy to turn around and bring me back to the hotel 555

you do now its called cailfornia2 rather than jims dont you, jim is the owner

And Jim is stateside currently.. Tho his staff should be their usual cheeky selves.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    you do now its called cailfornia2 rather than jims dont you, jim is the owner
    Yeh i even found the kfc that its supposed to be nearby,anyway will try again later pity he's stateside thought he could point me to some decent tuk tuk tours. hotel is a nice location on 148 but the bed is hard and its noisy being right beside the waterfall at the pool and constant car horns. pleasently surprised at how good ppls english is and even the taxi guys are friendly enough altho one fkr asked me if i wanted a yng girl very cheap. at my age 21is young enough for me 555 time for breakfast and some tourist stuff like the palace and wat phnom all of which are near the hotel il sus out the killing fields and s21 2moro

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    my 1st night in PP
    i walked around during the day, then had a "happy pizza" and took a nap
    woke up when it was dark, jumped on a MB taxi to go out and it all seemed so dark and i was so high i told the guy to turn around and bring me back to the hotel 555
    Surprised ay u 555, they key is not to panic!

148 ?? Indochine ??

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    148 ?? Indochine ??
    Street 148 ohana hotel. Good location and a nice shower with hot water and good pressure. Did wat phnom which was ok but ud be doing well to kill more than an hour here and then off to the royal palace,it just reopened at2pm and there were hoards of korean tourists taking pictures of everything and anything. an hour and a half is plenty here. tuk tuk guy quoted me 20dollars to do s21 and the killing fields tomorrow which i think is ok and half what the hotel are charging. Decent driver and good english. Had to come back to cool off in the hotel,may go for a little daytime stroll to get my bearings, may hit street 51 afterwards although had a real good time in airforce last night. Although the nightlife seems better than what i was expecting i can see that there is a lack of daytime things to do.

I liked the attitude of the bargirls last night such a pleasant change from nana,they were good fun and no pressure even when id order a drink for myself my bg never said and one for me? Il check out the bars on st 51first tho just out of curiosity

51 is a late late spot for me.. Cant think of any time I have been there before 12 or 1.. Its usually the after bar place.. 5 am at Raksmay after a bottle of vodka in Pontoon.

So finally to jims and its quiet enough so just gona av a couple of beers and maybe some food, stopped of in the metro on 148 and am hungry again. Very expensive but a nice place so i expect tbese beers will make me hungry again. Theres anwhite haired american guy chatting at the bar who sounds like he works here so maybe jts Jim? Stay tuned.

^ not jim but he does have a daytime caretaker who is probably running the joint in his absence

you could probably bargain that "trauma trip" down to $15 but if you are happy with the tuk tuk guy why bother..its about an hour out to the KF and by the time you walk around and then watch the film another hour or so out there...an hour at S21 seems like an eternity

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast