Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will p4p be around in Thailand in 10 years time?

Will p4p be around in Thailand in 10 years time?

Good article in Stickman this weekend about the state of gogo's and the p4p scene.
    I do think there will be less and less of it out in the open as it has been

When you think about it, not many places in the world, save for maybe the Philippines has such a big p4p anymore

P4P in Thailand.. I cant see a 10 year horizon being under any threat whatsoever..

Its so deep into the fabric of the society, bath houses, B2B massages, karaokes, hostess bars, coyotee girls, etc etc.. P4P in thailand is far far far more than the beer bars and gogos we go to.

I think there may be a tipping point where eastern wealth rises and western wealth declines and P4P is no longer cheap here by western standards.. Hell with girls asking 3 and 4k LT from gogos (I was shocked to be told !!) some could say its already getting there.

Yeah, I guess in the tourist places it will be less in the open and more expensive. But the Thai market is way bigger and you will find places from 300-3000 Baht.
    In Ranong we have Burmese brothels with girls from 300, and high end night clubs with 2-3000 Baht worth of "Bangkok models" (whatever that is......tall, white and full of botox and silicone)
    Last edited by geir; 1st April 2014 at 11:46.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I was talking about the western market because that is what is in your face, in their face to be more accurate
    Someone made a point in the emails that when countries decide to clean up the p4p scene, it is always the foreign related ones that go

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Hell with girls asking 3 and 4k LT from gogos (I was shocked to be told !!) some could say its already getting there.
    The massage girls in Bang Tao are asking 2 -3K ST (I still get my local rate though).

I think there may be a tipping point where eastern wealth rises and western wealth declines and P4P is no longer cheap here by western standards.. Hell with girls asking 3 and 4k LT from gogos (I was shocked to be told !!) some could say its already getting there.
    to be honest, good on the girls for being able to charge that. i honestly think it is great that they get as much as they can.....i really do think we took advantage of such a disparity for such a long time and it is reversing a bit now
    BUT....I just wouldn't be interested at those prices and probably would never have indulged if i came into the scene now. It is not the actual amount.....but it just seemed so "natural"(it wasn't!) when i'd meet a girl and give her a little something in the morning. I went to LOS saying I was not going to go with any hookers, just maybe some massages......but once i saw the scene in Phuket it made me relax a bit

I think Go-Go's may well be on the decline. I used to almost exclusively bar fine from go-go's. Have only bar fined once from a go-go in the last 3 months here. To me they are slowly but surely turning into western style clip joints, and the fun aspect is diminishing.
    As mentioned girls asking 3k, plus other factors such as girls only wanting to go ST, mamasans becoming too heavily involved, girls demanding 100 baht if you rub the fanny etc etc
    I can't see the traditional Thailand sex tourist of old enjoying the go-go scene so much these days....
    soupdragon likes this.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

I think the dynamic have changed more to a grey scene of freelancers especially in BKK driven from the economic growth and prosperity and self marketing and promotion on the internet through Facebook and Line etc.

I do enjoy Stckmans reports but more in an amusement sort of way! From what I read I wonder about the scope of what Stickman knows concerning the nightlife scene other than a group of ago gos that are managed by guys he knows or is possibly getting kickbacks from

Sefton also hit the nail on the head, the tourist expat naughty nightlife scene is miniscule compared to what is available across Thailand but you wont break into it unless you can get by with a fair amount of Thai

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I think the dynamic have changed more to a grey scene of freelancers especially in BKK driven from the economic growth and prosperity and self marketing and promotion on the internet through Facebook and Line etc.
    Agree totally here.. Girls can play the find a sponsor route without ever being seen to work in a bar..

Agree totally here.. Girls can play the find a sponsor route without ever being seen to work in a bar..
    I know loads of girls in the discos, none of them work in bars or ago gos, but some do have daytime jobs

Ao had a friend Tip
    She worked at a photo studio but FL often, actually would go off to Singapore and HK at times...to me when girls are going off to Sing and Hk they are hardcore
    But, for some reason, there was always this dynamic that she was somehow superior to Ao because Ao worked in a bar before

Ladyboys are all over the mobile dating apps etc. I had over 40 messages on a dating app I used when i was in Thailand the other week. 90% were ladyboys looking for customers. A few girls, one I went and barfined, mainly due to her having naked photos in her private folder on the app. Others worked in soapys and massaged joints.

Quote Originally Posted by NOM1S View Post
    Ladyboys are all over the mobile dating apps etc. I had over 40 messages on a dating app I used when i was in Thailand the other week. 90% were ladyboys looking for customers.
    You do realize you can set your search parameters
    Stillearly and Dkdude like this.

This app is different.. its more based on location... Alot of the LBs messaging me were within 500m of me.. I guess sat on beach road. If you were into ladyboys you would never have to leave your hotel room..

You do realize you can set your search parameters
    I'm sure he did.
    LivinLOS and Dkdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NOM1S View Post
    This app is different.. its more based on location... Alot of the LBs messaging me were within 500m of me.. I guess sat on beach road. If you were into ladyboys you would never have to leave your hotel room..
    Tindr ??

Or Grindr ??

the tourist expat naughty nightlife scene is miniscule compared to what is available across Thailand
    I was always amazed by the sheer number of 24 hour resorts in Isaan, some kitted out with mirrors on the ceiling, DVD players, curtain pulled across the motor as you arrive etc..

I know not just used for p4p scene but generally for some type of shenanigans or another

Prices going up whilst quality going down, not a real good mix... Sure if all you want is get drunk and end the night with a girl no problem but finding that girl who will get your blood boiling; not so easy

I think P4P will actually increase - it just wont be on high-priced "Main Street".
    As reported we have seen over a decade or so the "progression" from beer bar hookers to GoGo nakedness (check the merchandise) to the Coyote NoGoGo "dancers" accompanied by ever increasing prices (outrageously mainly for the pink skins).
    Underneath all this is the streetwalkers ("freelancers" although the upper grades migrate to the clubs/discos who see themselves as above all the rest - in reality they are streetwalkers with music & a "crew").
    Not seen is the gik scene enjoyed by expats ( sometimes even mia nois for the c'stuck ones).

None of the above references the Thai orientated scene where mostly it seems a Thai speaker at least is a wise idea.

So with the centuries of cultural traditions of Thai girls being "easy on the eye and friendly" P4P will be there for a long time yet for savvy farangs - if you know where to go
    e.g. Bus stops from Isaan 555!

A reminder of Thai cultural traditions at Songkran ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 1st April 2014 at 12:55.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Tindr ??

Or Grindr ??
    Neither badoo. Tinder wasn't that successful in pattaya better in Bangkok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast