Thread: Hua Hin

Hua Hin

Hi long time no see you all, but have miss ya all long time to
    well we are venturing back with the kids a lot older and a lot wiser,so we figured we would visit Hua Hin for a change from patong.(in a hope to stop awkward questions like why does daddy have 2 hr massarges and comes out with a big smile?)
    so a quick question which is the best part of Hua Hin to head/book for? will have mother in law in toe as well,so need to be able to have a few beers while she child minds and still be able to walk to some where respectable enough for her and the kids, yet still able to have some patong style all be it limited type of fun?

Quote Originally Posted by eric-the-viking View Post
    Hi long time no see you all, but have miss ya all long time to
    well we are venturing back with the kids a lot older and a lot wiser,so we figured we would visit Hua Hin for a change from patong.(in a hope to stop awkward questions like why does daddy have 2 hr massarges and comes out with a big smile?)
    so a quick question which is the best part of Hua Hin to head/book for? will have mother in law in toe as well,so need to be able to have a few beers while she child minds and still be able to walk to some where respectable enough for her and the kids, yet still able to have some patong style all be it limited type of fun?
    Hey bud
    I am actually going to Hua Hin in 2 weeks
    Will be with Ao, her mom and stepson....so similar situation
    We are staying over by soi 94 this time....which is mostly the expat, long time visitor area

We are staying at this condo and the girl, Bird, i dealt with was fantastic

1 bedroom Apartment Rental in Hua Hin from $56/nt - 1 BR/Studio Hua Hin Rocco Condo 200m Fr Beach

i know Hua Hin well, if you need suggestions for places to stay or anything ask away
    the main tourist area is right by the Hilton Hotel so if you want to stay right there then just look at a map of Hua Hin and go by where the Hilton is
    booking.com has a good map where it shows hotels on it

Hua Hin bars are real laid back....we've been out in them with my MIL, son when he was 5-6 and even my dog! If you stay by the Hilton there is a little square of beer bars right by there and the Night Market is real good for families also

Cheers matey,it seems we will have half the family turning up as well,there was i just hoping for some quality time with the kids a few beers and the beach. anyway im looking around the Hilton area then,but wife wants a villa outside of town. will see whatwe find.

Quote Originally Posted by eric-the-viking View Post
    Cheers matey,it seems we will have half the family turning up as well,there was i just hoping for some quality time with the kids a few beers and the beach. anyway im looking around the Hilton area then,but wife wants a villa outside of town. will see whatwe find.
    if she wants a villa out of town look at flipkey, airbnb and vrbo
    all have pretty good deals with pools

I like soi 94 area, on my trips I have either stayed there or in that area of town ( soi 67), all about 1km from town.
    I really like the location as you are basically in the middle between hua hin central and takiab, which is also nice.
    Last few trips I have stayed here G Hua Hin Resort and Mall | Special Hua Hin hotel deals
    From soi 94 u can link up to the town round the back way along the rail road, some real good places to eat around there and some lower key bars, soi 94 seems to be expanding all the time.
    As we know hua hin beach isnt up to the standards of phuket or samui etc, but if you are looking to go to the beach I would recomend the very southern part of hua hin next to monkey temple, which is actually classed as takiab, or if you go the other side of the mountain its not bad, suan son and khao kalok are nice, but a bit out of town.

As Paul said Bintabaht area around the hilton is the main part of town with the bars, restaurants etc... el murphys, moon bar are ok for a night out as they have bands playing, Hilton disco is worth a look but sometimes can have that proper resorty feel about it, pissed up kids let lose on holiday, havent been in there my last few trips to be honest.
    I like Hua hin as a place to take the Mrs, pretty chilled, loads of real good choices for (food in general and) an evening meal plus a few decent places to have a few bevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylos View Post
    I like soi 94 area, on my trips I have either stayed there or in that area of town ( soi 67), all about 1km from town.
    I really like the location as you are basically in the middle between hua hin central and takiab, which is also nice.
    Last few trips I have stayed here G Hua Hin Resort and Mall | Special Hua Hin hotel deals
    From soi 94 u can link up to the town round the back way along the rail road, some real good places to eat around there and some lower key bars, soi 94 seems to be expanding all the time.
    As we know hua hin beach isnt up to the standards of phuket or samui etc, but if you are looking to go to the beach I would recomend the very southern part of hua hin next to monkey temple, which is actually classed as takiab, or if you go the other side of the mountain its not bad, suan son and khao kalok are nice, but a bit out of town.

As Paul said Bintabaht area around the hilton is the main part of town with the bars, restaurants etc... el murphys, moon bar are ok for a night out as they have bands playing, Hilton disco is worth a look but sometimes can have that proper resorty feel about it, pissed up kids let lose on holiday, havent been in there my last few trips to be honest.
    I like Hua hin as a place to take the Mrs, pretty chilled, loads of real good choices for (food in general and) an evening meal plus a few decent places to have a few bevs.
    any recommendations on soi 94? i know HH well but never been around there
    bars/restaurants

thanks

Close to Soi 80 :-)

Good mixture of restaurants on soi 94, decent place called morning bakery or something, fresh bread, good coffee and nice breakfast, look for the white chairs outside, next door is S and S Indian restaurant, one of the best Indians I've had in LOS (another cracking one at end of soi 80 as well ). Across the tracks is a decent Japanese restaurants called sukaru or something, opposite there is a couple of friendly little shack bars, draught beer and usually a party of some sort going on.
    Carry on up soi 94 and around the bend ( right then sharp left ) is Khun Oys, big open air Thai style restaurant, pretty decent thai food also do not bad European food. Plenty others including a couple of Italians and local fare I haven't tried.

Across the road( beachside) soi 75/1 a place called beach cafe is a nice place to chill and watch the kite surfers, German beer , good crab.

Not on soi 94 but have you tied La Grappa on poolsuk ( binta area)? real good Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylos View Post
    Good mixture of restaurants on soi 94, decent place called morning bakery or something, fresh bread, good coffee and nice breakfast, look for the white chairs outside, next door is S and S Indian restaurant, one of the best Indians I've had in LOS (another cracking one at end of soi 80 as well ). Across the tracks is a decent Japanese restaurants called sukaru or something, opposite there is a couple of friendly little shack bars, draught beer and usually a party of some sort going on.
    Carry on up soi 94 and around the bend ( right then sharp left ) is Khun Oys, big open air Thai style restaurant, pretty decent thai food also do not bad European food. Plenty others including a couple of Italians and local fare I haven't tried.

Across the road( beachside) soi 75/1 a place called beach cafe is a nice place to chill and watch the kite surfers, German beer , good crab.

Not on soi 94 but have you tied La Grappa on poolsuk ( binta area)? real good Italian.
    i kow the morning bakery and S and S you talk about.....both highly regarded on HH forum

thanks

have emailed the owner of a condo ,just waiting for their reply. not going till August due to UK school holidays. see Im sensible now a days