Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Geespot
  • 1 Post By JimCA2

Thread: Thonburi side of the River

Thonburi side of the River

Has anyone ever stayed on this side?
    I've stayed on the Bangkok side of the river but never on the Thonburi side
    We are staying over the Thonburi side next week, right by the The Taksin Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Has anyone ever stayed on this side?
    I've stayed on the Bangkok side of the river but never on the Thonburi side
    We are staying over the Thonburi side next week, right by the The Taksin Bridge
    Mark - AKA 'Alfie' lives there

Great scenes as you cross the river on both bridges. It's very Thai centric local suburbs sort of place. Loads of local local bars / restaurants to eat at with live music............not many people speak English

Typical Nightlife Scene:
    A few places round Mark's are fun but not really touristy at all, local massage knocking shop is in the same building and floor and the local snooker..............it's funny as fock to see the local mafioso literally in between bouts in the knocking shop come in for a game of snooker with nothing more than a towel and a pair of flip flops on

Local bar you can play pool with the local guys (very friendly and cordial) and have kind of live accustic beat box Thai music, excellent stuff and of course always great food to be had. Loads of places like that about!! They even have hostess kind of girls who hit you up for silly little cocktail drinks, stand there drinking them and then fook off 5555555555555............I swear you get better attention and service from the Nana BG's!!!!!
    JimCA2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post

They even have hostess kind of girls who hit you up for silly little cocktail drinks, stand there drinking them and then fook off 5555555555555............I swear you get better attention and service from the Nana BG's!!!!!
    5555 made me laugh, we got the same shit in some clubs in Ranong..........The girls are 100% into Thais, but been told by their boss to ask for drinks.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

nelsonone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCA2 View Post
    ATTACH=CONFIG]2951[/ATTACH]
    A few shots from the Thonburi side
    thanks Jim
    where was this taken?

sorry the last picture

Marc, I took the skytrain to the end of the line Talat Plu (poo) and could see a pagoda from the platform. I snapped a shot then went downstairs and just like in Cambodia, I asked the motos to take me to the pagoda. They said what pagoda? The one over there. I was talking to bricks. Anyway I showed the guy the pic and we headed to the pagoda. There were 3 amazing floors inside. the first with Buddhas encased in nice cabinets. the other floor with bigger Buddhas and on top the glass structure. there is also a neat wat across the klong. the 4th pic above is looking at a major mall on that side. I didnt make it in.

IMG_3388.jpgIMG_8512.jpgIMG_8514.jpgIMG_3416.jpg