Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By slimbag

Thread: No accountability

No accountability

This may come off as a Thai bashing thread, but it really isn't...........just something i observed

Ao's brother was in jail for about 3 years on a gun charge. He really isn't a bad guy, just stupid.
    So he gets out and I'd assume not that easy to get a job. His brother, who has a great job with great standing in his small company he works for, gets him a job at the same company.

So last week the ex-con brother is on a job with 3 other employees in the company truck in Surat Thani. He bought an illegal bird and they got thee truck stopped and the idiot took off in the truck and got caught.

The thing is, i see no accountability or guilt at making his brother look bad but even more i don't see his family, even the brother he made look bad, holding him accountable.
    Instead of just saying "this guy is an adult and he has to own up to his actions" they on the phone night and day trying to get him out, never once thinking of the positions he put other people in.

Just seems odd to me

An illegal bird? What does that mean?

They should have check mark on ID's, passports, drivers licenses ect...

Stupid? Check!

My guess is that your family knows this and just deals with it accordingly.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

They are using birds for gambling....illegal competitions etc. Also some protected birds are being cought and sold on the black market....
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

i thought he meant bird as in a girl haha

No doubt about it, a bad act to do on your bro. I guess that'll fuck him up now too with the boss...

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    No doubt about it, a bad act to do on your bro. I guess that'll fuck him up now too with the boss...
    this boss is incredible guy
    he now has to go get his truck out of impound and pay 600k to bail all 4 guys out
    again, probably doing it because of his relationship with the other brother

hey, if my brother screwed up, i'd help him
    but if he did something that totally screwed me or my other siblings with no care.........he'd sit in jail

600K sounds more like drugs than birds.......but never know.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    600K sounds more like drugs than birds.......but never know.
    not the birds...........the car chase that ensued

Still sounds a bit dodgy to me......A local Thai guy here was caught with 20 yaba pills. They confiscated his car and he was sent to jail.....bail 50k...

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Still sounds a bit dodgy to me......A local Thai guy here was caught with 20 yaba pills. They confiscated his car and he was sent to jail.....bail 50k...
    that is the big sticking point they say......he is not local or it would be 10% of that at 15k
    but being not local(plus with 3 years already in jail) they set the bail at 150k

Agree with Gier it sounds a very high figure.. But they have a company truck and these things tend along the way of ransom based on ability to pay sometimes.

Secondly, while you (and I) may not perceive the accountability.. I assure you its there but they repress it from the surface. While its not a direct comparison it comes back to the boon khun / Kreng Jai duality.. The not opening presents in front of each other or sometimes appearing very offhand with a significant gift. The hiding of it lessens the social obligation debts, and is seemingly impolite to exaggerate them (tho thats sometimes done by people who are themselves uncooth in thai terms).
    Geespot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Agree with Gier it sounds a very high figure.. But they have a company truck and these things tend along the way of ransom based on ability to pay sometimes.

Secondly, while you (and I) may not perceive the accountability.. I assure you its there but they repress it from the surface. While its not a direct comparison it comes back to the boon khun / Kreng Jai duality.. The not opening presents in front of each other or sometimes appearing very offhand with a significant gift. The hiding of it lessens the social obligation debts, and is seemingly impolite to exaggerate them (tho thats sometimes done by people who are themselves uncooth in thai terms).
    Sefton gets a gold star for the correct answer!!!!!

yeah....but it only works whilst people actually give a fuck....for asswhipes like this guy they simply bow their head, put on a dumbfuck smiley face, go quiet and expect the rest of the world to bail them out and not mention it

sure he will be an outcast forever but probably not within his immediate family...some kids seem to get way with murder (literally) and their parents forgive them and expect their siblings to do the same...sometimes they seem to take an individual comment from a son/daughter more seriously than they do these dumbass criminal events

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    yeah....but it only works whilst people actually give a fuck....for asswhipes like this guy they simply bow their head, put on a dumbfuck smiley face, go quiet and expect the rest of the world to bail them out and not mention it

sure he will be an outcast forever but probably not within his immediate family...some kids seem to get way with murder (literally) and their parents forgive them and expect their siblings to do the same...sometimes they seem to take an individual comment from a son/daughter more seriously than they do these dumbass criminal events
    this is 100% exactly what i am talking about
    believe me.......this dope will get no backlash from his immediate family, probably not even his brother that he screwed over

But why did the good brother help the idiot get the job in the first place ?

I have some friends I like a lot back home but I would never have asked my boss to give them a job as I know they would kinda screw-up.. Same would go for my brother, I wouldn't want him at my workplace on my recommendation if I knew he was going to screw-up.
    kris-one likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slimbag View Post
    But why did the good brother help the idiot get the job in the first place ?

I have some friends I like a lot back home but I would never have asked my boss to give them a job as I know they would kinda screw-up.. Same would go for my brother, I wouldn't want him at my workplace on my recommendation if I knew he was going to screw-up.
    i would never get my own brother a job....he would just make me look bad
    but that is the whole point of the thread.....i bet the good brother that he screwed over is not even as upset as i am about all this!
    just weird to me