Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By slimbag
  • 1 Post By geir
  • 1 Post By Geespot

Thread: Random question - mail delivery in Thailand.

Random question - mail delivery in Thailand.

Hey,

This might sound like a really stupid question, but I've never seen a mailman in Thailand Is it possible to get overseas mail delivered to an address in Thailand (I expect so, but just checking) and how reliable is it? I'm thinking along the lines of delivery times, security (stealing credit cards, personal information etc), handling, etc.

Anyone ever had problems?

I get mail several times a year here....no problems...credit cards included (sent to Dodge) but it took a while

I wouldn't be sending $50 notes in the mail but normal stuff seems fine...our mailman comes by the house twice every day here

Same in the boonies from my ( limited ) experience. I've seen what appears to be a very reliable mail service everywhere I've been.

yeah its fine.. Items with a value will get taxes, and anything worth something its worth adding a registered mail option.. But its a normal working postal service.
    soupdragon likes this.

Just to add the service in the post office is good. They package stuff for you for peanuts

Yep good service, unregistered mail seems to get lost sometimes (still waiting on small package from China..)
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slimbag View Post
    Yep good service, unregistered mail seems to get lost sometimes (still waiting on small package from China..)
    What's her name??
    WarProfiteer likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

We found the big noms you've been looking for 555555
    slimbag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    What's her name??
    Too much maintenance cost for a girl, I rather rent when needed and wait for Japan to produce the first robotic wife 555

I waited 9 weeks for an unregistered mail package from Germany, I had given up when it arrived safe and sound. Another time I had to go to Phuket Town to retrieve a registered mail item that had been 'misfiled' and left in a corner. Hit and miss.

We have used regular mail and Fedex and both have been excelllent

I mailed my Tv from Phuket to CM when I moved. Obviously wouldnt fit in my bag very easily on the plane, haha. It was relatively cheap and it arrived just fine.

Kinda blows my mind that you can ship motorbikes & motorcycles through through the post office in Thailand. If I had known that, I may not have sold my PCX in the south and sent it up north instead. Worked out OK though... used the money from the sale to buy a new Click 125i, which is the same engine as the old PCX on a lighter bike.

K2
    In Phuket (Chalong) the mail service was awful - particularly anything from overseas, most never arrived, (was told by sorting office that while being trucked down from BKK, mail would be riffled though and there were cases of mail men even caught stealing with just a slap on the wrist punishment). In CM mail service is very good, not had any problems (touch wood).
    Its My Life .....!

For me it was good in Patong, and now brilliant in Ranong and KP.......Nothing ever got lost, sending or receiving. We have sent 15 motorbikes up here from Phuket and the bikes arrive spotless. Also sending stuff overseas has been easy and safe....(well it feels safe, or I might just have been lucky 555)
    Last edited by geir; 14th April 2014 at 11:34.

Patong I had a lot of problems..

I am 99% sure it was even my mail that caused that scandal when the postmaster of Patong mail office was caught on security cam video opening mail and pocketing cash.

It's a bit silly to send cash by mail, and that goes for anywhere in the world......BTW, Joy got sent 1000 Baht over from Norway for her birthday a few years back and it worked out fine.

Yeah it was, I cant remember the specifics any more but I think it was some kind of goods refund, and the person had no paypal or any digital way to do it.. It was sent in a registered envelope but that was opened (on camera) and filched.

But agree its a risk anywhere.