Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NeedHoliday

Thread: Pattaya Songkran 2014 (Few Pics)

Pattaya Songkran 2014 (Few Pics)

Just a few pics when I dared to try and get my phone out.

I walked out my hotel on the 18th and totally forgot to buy a water proof holder for my phone/wallet, so it was a mad dash to the nearest stall (still got soaked). As I hadn't been in Pattaya before I decided to have a wander to get my bearings - it's a bloody big place I walked down Soi Diana and over to LK Metro (Intimate Hotel/Tim Boutique is in a great location for access to that area!) and got drenched so many times along the way. Warm water doesn't bother me, but the freezing cold buckets poured over you just gets annoying quick, as does the face full of powder.

I finally got to LK Metro and settled for a drink at Drunken Duck - a lovely little bundle of fun "persuaded" me as I passed. All the girls there were having fun so it was good to sit back and relax and watch them get soaked. Girls in wet t-shirts? Yes please!

After a few hours there I walked down to Soi 7 and jesus that place was bloody insane. With the Soi being quite narrow it was basically just a cross-stream of water from bars on each side. Trying to get to the end of the Soi took like 10 minutes and after that I'd had enough. Unfortunately even in the evening Walking Street was packed and flowing with water as well, and I hate being soaked whilst sitting in a chilled gogo, very uncomfortable.

The 19th was even crazier, mainly on the streets. Traffic was at a stand still, and they even had the fire trucks joining in. I made a quick dash to Drunken Duck again and joined in on the fun for a few hours. Walking Street wasn't too bad that night, just the occasional spray from tourists.

20th was dry, thank god.

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg
    WarProfiteer and LivinLOS like this.

My favourite, just captured the fun the girls were having.

IMG_5427.jpg

The whole Songkran thing is not my idea of a good time these days, nice pics though; thanks for sharing