Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pattaya vs Patong, my thoughts.

I know Phuket has more to offer during the day than Pattaya, but I find myself either having done most of the tourist stuff already or I'm just plain knackered from the night before and don't feel like doing anything touristy. I'm sometimes tempted to just wake up 3-4pm like the girls do 555.

So in the end I'd probably do the same stuff during the day in either place, but I am a lazy fkcer and need my sleep

But yes, depends on what you want from the holiday. I should have titled this thread "Pattaya vs Patong Nightlife, My Thoughts" to be more clear (can't edit it now), as this holiday was just for the nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    This is just my opinion and it will definitely come off as hypocritical and uppity but i felt like a loser when i went to Pattaya.
    I felt like this on my first trip to Patong. Because it was my first experience of Thailand and it's nightlife... but then somewhere along the line (usually after the first p4p shag) you become "desensitised" and adapt a different sort of mentality which makes you almost unshockable.... so once I got to Pattaya a year later... I could embrace it as just another attraction of Thailand... not better or worse... just bigger and different to anything I had experienced before... that's the beauty of Thailand....nowhere is same same... 55

Well, I am sure you are far from the only person to get into the Pattaya sleep pattern... awake somewhere between 12-2pm, go eat breakfast, have a shower, maybe a swim in the hotel pool & some sun... then crash again for a bit before heading out around 6pm... hit somewhere for lunch, the have a massage or just hit a beer bar for fun... then really get the night started around 8 or 9pm... hitting the gogos and finding not only a guest for the night, but a lot of fun along the way.

There's just a whole different vibe and way of doing things in Pattaya. Phuket is different, as are Bangkok and Chiang Mai and Samui. But when it comes to pure vastness of choice... nowhere in the world holds a candle to Pattaya.

Anyone knows the best price on a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Anyone knows the best price on a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya...?
    ask Wylos...he seems to be across these things 555
    Tarzan likes this.

The Pattaya area has loads and loads to do during the day, whether that be sports, cultural, shopping, parks, islands, some reasonable beaches just a few km's outside of town etc

Just google and you can see the extent of the range

I think there is so much emphasis on the nightlife and daytime bar scene that people just assume there cant be many other tourist type activities

I remember back in February 2012 i think it was, i spent 4 nights in Patts... then down to Patong. I hated it! Wanted to get right back to Patts. And since then all my trips have spent majority of the time in Patts if not all. 555.

That is because i'm there for mongering.. if anything else i'm sure i would visit other places in LOS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12