Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Motorbike accident

Motorbike accident

Well, it happens to the best of them but the instant i feel i really thought i might killed.
    I was driving back to hotel about 11pm, had 2 beers
    I was going down à hill, Probably too fast, when 2 dogs ran out in Front of me and i clipped one of them and the bike spin.
    Nelson can attest to the damage on the bike that this was more than your ordinary spill.
    And unreal i only have road burn

The nearest hospital was Bangkok Samui, they so over charged me and added so much more than i needed at 10k baht
    They wanted me back today and after asking 5 times for estimate it was going to be another 10k
    I left and went to Samui International and the girls were shocked at how much unnecessary guaze and stuff they had on me
    Their bill with doctor consuly 1500 baht.

And the thing is Bangkok Hospital had me sp wrapped up it fcked with my brain and made me think i was worse off than i am

This truly was a look back and thank hell i am alive....i had that thought many times today

By the way they charged me 6400 for damages and i thought it was going to be an easy 15k
    Helps they are Nels friends

Glad your ok! Helmet?
    Last edited by slampay; 23rd April 2014 at 23:47.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Hope that you're OK there, Paule.

Sure sounds like a gouging from the Bangkok Hospital Group....as usual!

I had a pal visiting me in Patong once. He banged up himself pretty good on his rented MB, by driving straight into a rock wall. Damages for front end replacements was about 4000 baht.

I took him to Patong General hospital where they cleaned him up and closed his wounds. He required a dozen or so stitches on a deep cut, and some clean up and dressing to the scrapes on his legs. If I recall, the total bill (with prescription med's), was around 1500 baht. Return everyday (5 days) for follow up examination and a new dressing, at 150 baht, per visit.

Anyway, again I hope you're well.

Believe it or not....i have almost no pain, which is Incredible

SP i was not wearing à helmet and lucky as hell i didnt hit my head

Motorbike accident

How the dog?
    Waharoa likes this.

Yeah, the Bangkok chain hospitals are useless. Unless you’re planning major surgery I guess. Got a very cheap promoted health-check there after I moved here, and even came with a number of coupons… One was heavily discounted ambulance services, so thought great… Used it for a friend once, and the bill padding in the end was so blatantly obvious. I don’t mind haggling for a t-shirt, but not at a hospital. Got it down to half the asking price though, so obviously huge margins involved.

Only had two (semi) serious accidents here, and was brought to the Patong hospital each time. A night for observation and stitched up for around 1K. Can’t complain about that.

A lucky result Paul. Glad to hear you have no lasting injuries.
    Take it easy.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Phew... At least you're ok and no big damage done (to yourself). Sorry to hear it man.

The roads in Samui aren't really much safer than anywhere in LOS IMO. I had a very close smash a few months back, up north of the island in the afternoon on the main highway. Stupid bastards of dogs all over the place too, spinning about at night you never know where they'll appear.

Good to hear that you're ok, but dammit: WEAR A HELMET!

Be careful to get the wound cleaned at the hospital for the next few days, very easy to get an infection in a wound in Thailand.

lucky lucky Paul. Good to see you reporting in every day even when in (no) pain... 55

What did Ao say?

Yeah, like others said, glad you're OK man.

If you're going around on 2 wheels, it's never a question of "if", only "when" you will have a crash. I had a fairly bloody spill once between Kamala and Patong in the daytime... luckily Nels and Bernie came and fetched me. Only much later did I realize it could've been much worse and I needed to be thankful for the damage I had.

Back in January I was doing a 3 day ride around the north and my buddy had a pretty bad crash. Broke both wrists and one of his ankles. 3 months and 2 surgeries later he is still trying to get back to normal. So yeah, any crash on a 2 wheeler that you can walk away from is a lucky crash...

glad to hear it's nothing serious !

Glad to hear you're OK. I had one crash on a motorcycle years ago. Was nothing really serious, but scared me enough that I've never been back on one.

always said your a lucky chap just proves it though, bet next time youll wear ya helmet

Glad your OK paul.. The sudden realization of the speed your doing all comes in, the moment you know your going off or down.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Yeah, the Bangkok chain hospitals are useless. Unless you’re planning major surgery I guess. Got a very cheap promoted health-check there after I moved here, and even came with a number of coupons… One was heavily discounted ambulance services, so thought great… Used it for a friend once, and the bill padding in the end was so blatantly obvious. I don’t mind haggling for a t-shirt, but not at a hospital. Got it down to half the asking price though, so obviously huge margins involved.
    Yeah it kind of disgusts me there also.. I actually found the care to be lacking also. Marble floors and attractive attentive front desk people, but purely a business of making money not making people better.

Yes
    good to hear no serious injury for you,

was a shame to end the holiday here wrapped in gauze my friend but as others have said you were lucky to walk away from that one with only grazes to both hands and down one side.....the bike told the story...it was mashed all down the same side and in the front

The BKK chain of Hospitals are a disgrace to healthcare the way they try to rip off the sick and injured.....Samui International or even Bandon are the places to use here

was a pretty lamo farewell for Paulie last night...instead of the big night out as planned....all three of us were crocked....so we had a booze free night at mine and I cooked BBQ pork chops with salad....555

Bad way to end the tour but at least you are walking away. Hope you don't have too much of a Thailand Tattoo to remember it by.

The BKK Hospital on Phuket have given me two prices in the past, one for insurance, one for cash with a big difference between the two.

Glad you are okay. That said, you are a stupid bas**** for not wearing a helmet. I don't go anywhere without one.. It is just too easy to go down.....maybe a nothing little slip, and crack your head, it's all over.

A couple of years ago I took a pretty good slide near Surin. Cracked my helmet pretty hard on the pavement....lucky I was. Anyway, my whole right side, toes, ankle, knee, elbow and shoulder lost skin.
    I went to Bangkok Phuket emergency and they did a terrific job. Total bill: 1700 baht. Had to go back a few times for change of dressings and it was 6-800 every time.
    By the way, I also have accident insurance so it really cost me nothing.
    I have always been treated well with no bill padding at BP.

Again Paul, count your blessings and it is great you are around to tell us about it.555
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast