Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Geespot
  • 1 Post By Pablo

Thread: Recommended Patong venues for mates coming to celebrate a 40th birthday- for a week

PTG

Recommended Patong venues for mates coming to celebrate a 40th birthday- for a week

I never get to Patong as I think it's a shitehole, but I have a few mates coming out to celebrate a 40th birthday. Most if not all are married ( to Indonesian ladies living in the US), birthday boy is bringing his dad, and are looking to have some fun, both daytime and nighttime. They're staying in Patong.

These boys are not short on cash so if there's something pretty nice but not on the normal cheap charlie itinerary, feel free to recommend. They want to get in a day of fishing on a charter boat, perhaps some golf, but after that plans are open.

If money is no object the private room upstairs at Suzie Wongs...BM Raw (Geoffery) will organise whatever you want with some of the best looking TG models you will ever set eyes on...

PTG
    Thanks, yes was thinking of that. I saw he was on the old phuket-info site, but didn't know he was here. I'll give him a ping, thanks.

Shitehole? Are you sure you want to go there?? I'm not crazy about Patong but never thought of it as a shitehole?

Nels has covered the nightlife quite nicely so. Golf wise there are lots of options but pretty expensive. If you want 18 holes then one of the bigger courses I guess, I struggle through 18 in the heat so if I want to play a Phuket course would go to Phunaka, it's a challenging 9 holes and there is a good driving range as well.

Plenty of boats out of Chalong that you can have to yourselves for the 8000-10000baht kind of range. You should get some tuna fishing and bits of other stuff plus a feed and some snorkelling around koh Racha. I always enjoy those days but be wary of the sun.

Dinner wise in Patong I used to say Savoey Seafood was head and shoulders above the rest but they dropped the ball the last couple of times I was there and the service was a bit slack. Always great food though. I prefer Number One Seafood these days, just behind Soi Tiger - never had a bad experience there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Shitehole? Are you sure you want to go there?? I'm not crazy about Patong but never thought of it as a shitehole?

Really tho.. Are Nana, Bangla, Patts, Anglese, etc all a bit shit holes ?? Just so happens I quite enjoy them but they are kind of gutter experiences a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    If you want 18 holes then one of the bigger courses I guess, I struggle through 18 in the heat
    The idea of fishing, 18 holes, and then a night on the town is a hell of an action packed day.. Not sure I could muster up the energy either.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Really tho.. Are Nana, Bangla, Patts, Anglese, etc all a bit shit holes ?? Just so happens I quite enjoy them but they are kind of gutter experiences a bit
    I guess that depends on your definition of shit hole I just don't think of them in those terms. Different, challenging, not for me, not my choice; maybe. Shit hole? Just conjures a different picture for me.

I was in a pub a couple of weeks ago where there had been a dog living in a flat with three kids plus parents and a cat. The dog had shat all over the bathroom and the parents had swept aside the shite, leaving it in a heap, and carried on using the bathroom. The cat was found dead in a plastic bag and the place was lifting with fleas; that's kinda my definition of a shit hole.

But, sorry. we digress

The idea of fishing, 18 holes, and then a night on the town is a hell of an action packed day.. Not sure I could muster up the energy either.
    Wasn't thinking of all the same day...

Its a funny process some expats go through.............they initially come for the nightlife, good times and the girls then what do you know they look down their noses and are disgusted at the P4P bar scene 5555555555555555
    billpay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Its a funny process some expats go through.............they initially come for the nightlife, good times and the girls then what do you know they look down their noses and are disgusted at the P4P bar scene 5555555555555555
    But really.. When your walking along and that waft comes up out of the drains.. What is it you think of ??

You can have great times there, but high society it is not.

Too true - for sure !!

But really.. When your walking along and that waft comes up out of the drains.. What is it you think of ??

Hi society is way over rated 555555555555555

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Don't forget "bunjee jumping".
    I would skip that - I am reading the local news.

There used to be a local zip-line on the Island, but at the moment their web site answer with a 403: http://www.phuketcanopy.com/

Can go shoot cool guns at the ranges, too

Well I chuckled.....some old school friends just came back from Phuket and reported it's 'the best family holiday they have ever had'

'Of course' I said.....why do you think I've been going there for the last 20 years? The gals?

Phuket Canopy was never that flash anyway. Flying Hanuman, on the other hand, is world class.

PTG
    Thanks everyone. I visit Patong once every couple of months to pick up mail and that's about it. Definitely there will be a day of fishing, had thought of the wake park, but really I'm thinking these will all get off to late starts due to big nights. Some good suggestions here so if you have any other ideas, feel free to mention them.