Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedHoliday

Thread: Patong - Long term condo rent

Patong - Long term condo rent

Hey,

Before I go randomly searching on the interwebs, does anyone on here do any long term condo rentals in Patong? Would rather go via someone on here than a random company.
    LivinLOS likes this.

I'm surprised Dodger hasn't replied here, always thought he was the guy who knew his way round Phuket property?

How long is "long term".?

BTW Dodger is based in Kamala not Patong.

Maybe check out Patong Lofts Condominiums or BYD Lofts.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Long term like a year. Patong Lofts seems quite out of the way and BYD seems extremely expensive. Looking online (still hard to get a good idea! such a mess of crappy disorganised keyword/seo websites) I've seen some nice looking ones for around 25,000 on Nanai.

Will be heading to Patong next week for a few days to actually look at some.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Long term like a year. Patong Lofts seems quite out of the way and BYD seems extremely expensive. Looking online (still hard to get a good idea! such a mess of crappy disorganised keyword/seo websites) I've seen some nice looking ones for around 25,000 on Nanai.

Will be heading to Patong next week for a few days to actually look at some.
    The best advice, which has been often given is rent a guesthouse/hotel short term and get about on a scooter seeing what's available.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

This one might be worth a look...but perhaps the wrong part of Nanai ?!? (looks like would be too far to walk to bangla etc.)

House Rental - Baan Veerakit Hotel on Nanai Road Patong Beach Phuket Thailand.

Yeah Nanai is quite long and covers a wide area, but I hadn't seen that before so will make note, thanks.

stayed here a few times, might be worth a look, not far up nanai, near club bamboo, sun hill.

House Rental - Baan Veerakit Hotel on Nanai Road Patong Beach Phuket Thailand.

Just 100m to the east of this complex is a row of townhouses.. 2 story, 2 beds, kitchen, normal homes.. and buddies of mine rented there multiple times over the years..

They may not look like much, one set of buddies who shared even refurnished the living room as they stayed years, but what wont be shown in pictures is they have a great wide balcony on the sunset side of the house, and by opening the doors front and rear get great airflow, with a nice living space that stays decently cool and a good outdoor balcony space that you can chill with beers and chat with a view etc. I always thought them comfortable homes for the money.

The moderator over on TV LivininKata (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery) a Scottish guy whose my mind has gone blank on his name, owns and manages them. For a one year stay those would be worth checking out.

Gonna stay in Phuket for a year, NH?

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Gonna stay in Phuket for a year, NH?
    Yeah that's the plan! Just enrolled at Patong Language School.

Just an idea, I have gotten good accommodation in Patong by asking the girls in the bars if the know of any places for rent, on a couple of occasions I got them to do the negotiation on price as well as they can get a better deal. This only fell through once when the landlord upped the price sharply when they found out a farang was renting.

5 minutes walk away from the school, you will find Patong Grand Condotel. Home

I have been staying there the last couple of times in Patong, and will stay there again next time - not renting from the above though. The building is old, and they are building next door, but the apartments can be nice, and you should be able to get one for around 15,000 baht per month.

Riding around today looking at places I've seen on the internet - still very hard to find something I like.

Nanai isn't too bad of a location, but it's more apartments than condos and they're a bit older and run down.

I'll assume you'll be telecommuting?

Either way, I hope living in Patong suits you. I was far happier being based in Kamala and just heading over to Patong when I wanted to. Living there all the time wasnt for me. Plus I had the benefit of a good support network of guys on here that were also based in Kamala, so I could always ask them for info on where to get something, or where some shop was, or how to get to so & so... looking back, it was really the right move for me at the time. These days though, Chiang Mai suits me much better as far as livability. No beach, but the way people tend to deal with you in day to day life just works much better for me.

Yes I'll be working remotely, which also meant one of my requirements when looking around was stable internet (i.e. not shared wifi). I was considering other places around Phuket initially, but Patong always feels like home when I'm there and I know it well enough now to find my way around without issues. Maybe in a year's time I'll change my mind, but I think it's a good place to start.

I was happy there for years, especially back on Nanai or even further to 50 year Rd..

one of my requirements when looking around was stable internet (i.e. not shared wifi)
    When staying long term you will generally be able to get your own dedicated line put in, either by you organising it or sometimes the landlord will offer to put in their name to make things a bit easier. Always worth asking if this is possible when looking at places to rent as in a lot of cases it will be.