Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By marc26

Thread: My MIL

My MIL

So i have always gotten along with my MIL when together. She is quiet lady but has good sense of humor. I think she actually respects i am not walk over with the famlily
    This trip we got on even better because i know tiny bit more Thai and she knows smidgen more English
    Anyways i got to BKK today after my accident and Ao said they would be right over. I told her not to bring her mom, just wanted her to come. She said ok.
    Knock on my hotel room and Ao and her mom at the door
    I give WTF look and her mom blurts something in Thai
    Ao says "My mom said you like another son if have accident i need to see if ok, so tell him to shut up about me come see him"

Fair enough. 5555
    Waharoa, LivinLOS, slimbag and 2 others like this.

Nice that you have a good relationship with her. My first MIL was a demon. Will be meeting my current wife's mom this summer in BKK and am hoping we get along. All indications so far are that she's a very nice lady.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Nice that you have a good relationship with her. My first MIL was a demon. Will be meeting my current wife's mom this summer in BKK and am hoping we get along. All indications so far are that she's a very nice lady.
    Are you rocking the Thai wedding suit in your avatar?

Nice she did that......in fact well done from her side.

Quite appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Are you rocking the Thai wedding suit in your avatar?
    555 hell no! It's a UT sweatshirt 55 The black strap is probably my camera bag.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    555 hell no! It's a UT sweatshirt 55 The black strap is probably my camera bag.
    i was looking at on my phone, so was small pic 555

My first Thai MIL was a horrible horrible human.. Just a nasty spiteful terrible person.. Her whole family didnt like her, sisters, kids, everyone... The things she said and did were so shocking I struggled to even be angry about them because my mind was blown. Other people in the family were OK, but she was the impression.

But other Thai (and asian) families I have been around have made up for it, they have been nicer than you could hope for, never asked me for much, constantly wanting to give me the best chair, the best food, checking I am ok like an honored guest..

Maybe lucky or maybe its just one of those "love to hate things" I also agree with Paul that if your instantly into the process of subsidizing them, then your probably going to be looked at differently.

So i have always gotten along with my MIL when together. She is quiet lady but has good sense of humor. I think she actually respects i am not walk over with the famlily
    This trip we got on even better because i know tiny bit more Thai and she knows smidgen more English
    Anyways i got to BKK today after my accident and Ao said they would be right over. I told her not to bring her mom, just wanted her to come. She said ok.
    Knock on my hotel room and Ao and her mom at the door
    I give WTF look and her mom blurts something in Thai
    Ao says "My mom said you like another son if have accident i need to see if ok, so tell him to shut up about me come see him"

Fair enough. 5555
    She was just ensuring her ATM wasn't irreparably damaged 55555555555

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    She was just ensuring her ATM wasn't irreparably damaged 55555555555
    big time ATM i am, she gets 350cad from me a month and pretty much all of it goes to my stepson's expenses

my expenditure in Thailand in 10 years time is pocket to change to yourself G-man

big time ATM i am, she gets 350cad from me a month and pretty much all of it goes to my stepson's expenses

my expenditure in Thailand in 10 years time is pocket to change to yourself G-man
    Chill out man it was a joke, I often say to my Mrs not to forget the pin no for me 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Chill out man it was a joke, I often say to my Mrs not to forget the pin no for me 5555
    i know it was a joke, i forgot the 555 in my reply
    me and Ao were joking this time at all the "routine bg" shit she pulled on me when i 1st met her

one was the day after i met her we went to that HotPot place and 5 of her friends show up
    we went through a few others and she was on the floor laughing her ass off