Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: So easy to spot the Bullshitter in LOS

So easy to spot the Bullshitter in LOS

These guys are a dime a dozen.
    I walked into pub yesterday and this 30ish guy straight on talking to me, within 2 mins you know he is full of shit.

They are always quick to let you know they live in LOS
    They usually initiate the convo
    They ALWAYS try and speak Thai to the waitress and she never has a clue what they are saying
    They are always very général in their job description. "I work in electronics"
    AND they always let you know what they want to invest in in Thailand

Dont they realize we know they are full of crap??
    slimbag and LivinLOS like this.

Maybe you are just such a likeable chap they feel they want to share their lives with you mate 555
    Dkdude likes this.

A lot of people reinvent themselves when they travel. Simply because there is nobody around who can call them out on it. Bit sad really.

Did I tell you about the time I was an international arms dealer.
    Thin White Duke likes this.

Actually there has been times when I meet guys like that and fight fire with fire coming out with some absolutely fantastic stories about myself. Those nights usually finish up like something out of a Monty Python sketch. 5555
    Homer and kris-one like this.

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Actually there has been times when I meet guys like that and fight fire with fire coming out with some absolutely fantastic stories about myself. Those nights usually finish up like something out of a Monty Python sketch. 5555
    5555 great entertainment value .... beats talking to bar girls (Hello, where you from ....zzzzzzzzzz)!
    Its My Life .....!

55555...good thread....I've seen a bit of this over my time at the hotel....10yrs. now.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    A lot of people reinvent themselves when they travel. Simply because there is nobody around who can call them out on it. Bit sad really.

Did I tell you about the time I was an international alms dealer.
    Fixed that for you Soupy.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Fixed that for you Soupy.
    I don't do orange.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    55555...good thread....I've seen a bit of this over my time at the hotel....10yrs. now.
    Funny about that Bill, within a minute of meeting you, my bullshit meter said "he's good"...555
    Last edited by slampay; 25th April 2014 at 11:05.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Saw a little bit of it last night at your hotel Bill, but very entertaining. 555
    Some people are so busy talking about themselves, they never check the other person out

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Saw a little bit of it last night at your hotel Bill, but very entertaining. 555
    Some people are so busy talking about themselves, they never check the other person out
    We've had a few like that on P.I.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    These guys are a dime a dozen.
    I walked into pub yesterday and this 30ish guy straight on talking to me, within 2 mins you know he is full of shit.

They are always quick to let you know they live in LOS
    They usually initiate the convo
    They ALWAYS try and speak Thai to the waitress and she never has a clue what they are saying
    They are always very général in their job description. "I work in electronics"
    AND they always let you know what they want to invest in in Thailand

Dont they realize we know they are full of crap??
    Good post 55. The place is full of them and you wouldn't be able to tell them one thing they didn't already know (or know better!)

Actually almost feel kind of embarrased telling others that I live here full-time. Probably along the same suspicions that they would peg me as a bullshitter or sexual predator... or worse. Not that I really mind, or initiate many convos anyways...

But yeah, we have the same guys here as well insisting on ordering a packet of cigarettes at the local supermaket in Thai. And even when the poor girl at the counter doesn’t understand a word… still persists… As if she’s the clueless one.
    nelsonone likes this.

Guess, I'm a bullshitter. You can count me amongst those that try to speak Thai. Often it is futile, but that is the only way to try to learn the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Guess, I'm a bullshitter. You can count me amongst those that try to speak Thai. Often it is futile, but that is the only way to try to learn the damn thing.
    Also its where you are.. a 7/11 in bangkok or Phuket, theres an expectation of some english proficiency.. A 7/11 in the country, there the expectation of some Thai proficiency.

I dont get why anyone trying to speak Thai good or bad is a bullshitter, surely in most cases (but not all) its appreciated?

Bullshitters deffo cant wait to tell you they live here and most talk at the top of their voices (sorry to say usually Americans 555555) about the multi million dollar business deals they are doing, BKK it was pretty much a daily occurrence to overhear that sort of stuff. The others is always having being in special forces or secret agent........of course anyone from such a background would never boast or remotely tell you what they were or are involved in. You get the real shady characters too again in BKK who are in boiler house operations

I do shun most expats here....not necessarily because of their fantasies but mostly because they are so fkn rude, such miserable cunts and they just wanna run the joint down...I can see enough negatives myself....but I live here and love it....and I don't need to carry their baggage around
    K2, Namlay, WTF and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I do shun most expats here....not necessarily because of their fantasies but mostly because they are so fkn rude, such miserable cunts and they just wanna run the joint down...I can see enough negatives myself....but I live here and love it....and I don't need to carry their baggage around
    As that why you left us for Samui Nels?
    nelsonone likes this.

Ok everyone's looking at themselves now, and casting inwards . But Paul made a good thread in fairness.

[QUOTE=PadMC;45934]Ok everyone's looking at themselves now, and casting inwards . But Paul made a good thread in fairness.[/QUOTE]

I could say " It takes one to know one " - but I would never be so unkind 55555!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast