Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: So easy to spot the Bullshitter in LOS

  1. #1
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632

    So easy to spot the Bullshitter in LOS

    These guys are a dime a dozen.
    I walked into pub yesterday and this 30ish guy straight on talking to me, within 2 mins you know he is full of shit.

    They are always quick to let you know they live in LOS
    They usually initiate the convo
    They ALWAYS try and speak Thai to the waitress and she never has a clue what they are saying
    They are always very général in their job description. "I work in electronics"
    AND they always let you know what they want to invest in in Thailand

    Dont they realize we know they are full of crap??
    slimbag and LivinLOS like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,385
    Maybe you are just such a likeable chap they feel they want to share their lives with you mate 555
    Dkdude likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    A lot of people reinvent themselves when they travel. Simply because there is nobody around who can call them out on it. Bit sad really.

    Did I tell you about the time I was an international arms dealer.
    Thin White Duke likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    Actually there has been times when I meet guys like that and fight fire with fire coming out with some absolutely fantastic stories about myself. Those nights usually finish up like something out of a Monty Python sketch. 5555
    Homer and kris-one like this.

  5. #5
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Actually there has been times when I meet guys like that and fight fire with fire coming out with some absolutely fantastic stories about myself. Those nights usually finish up like something out of a Monty Python sketch. 5555
    5555 great entertainment value .... beats talking to bar girls (Hello, where you from ....zzzzzzzzzz)!
    Its My Life .....!

  6. #6
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,046
    55555...good thread....I've seen a bit of this over my time at the hotel....10yrs. now.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    A lot of people reinvent themselves when they travel. Simply because there is nobody around who can call them out on it. Bit sad really.

    Did I tell you about the time I was an international alms dealer.
    Fixed that for you Soupy.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  8. #8
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Fixed that for you Soupy.
    I don't do orange.

  9. #9
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    55555...good thread....I've seen a bit of this over my time at the hotel....10yrs. now.
    Funny about that Bill, within a minute of meeting you, my bullshit meter said "he's good"...555
    Last edited by slampay; 25th April 2014 at 11:05.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    55555...good thread....I've seen a bit of this over my time at the hotel....10yrs. now.
    Saw a little bit of it last night at your hotel Bill, but very entertaining. 555
    Some people are so busy talking about themselves, they never check the other person out

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Saw a little bit of it last night at your hotel Bill, but very entertaining. 555
    Some people are so busy talking about themselves, they never check the other person out
    We've had a few like that on P.I.

  12. #12
    Senior Member PadMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    These guys are a dime a dozen.
    I walked into pub yesterday and this 30ish guy straight on talking to me, within 2 mins you know he is full of shit.

    They are always quick to let you know they live in LOS
    They usually initiate the convo
    They ALWAYS try and speak Thai to the waitress and she never has a clue what they are saying
    They are always very général in their job description. "I work in electronics"
    AND they always let you know what they want to invest in in Thailand

    Dont they realize we know they are full of crap??
    Good post 55. The place is full of them and you wouldn't be able to tell them one thing they didn't already know (or know better!)

  13. #13
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    Actually almost feel kind of embarrased telling others that I live here full-time. Probably along the same suspicions that they would peg me as a bullshitter or sexual predator... or worse. Not that I really mind, or initiate many convos anyways...

    But yeah, we have the same guys here as well insisting on ordering a packet of cigarettes at the local supermaket in Thai. And even when the poor girl at the counter doesn’t understand a word… still persists… As if she’s the clueless one.
    nelsonone likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Guess, I'm a bullshitter. You can count me amongst those that try to speak Thai. Often it is futile, but that is the only way to try to learn the damn thing.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Guess, I'm a bullshitter. You can count me amongst those that try to speak Thai. Often it is futile, but that is the only way to try to learn the damn thing.
    Also its where you are.. a 7/11 in bangkok or Phuket, theres an expectation of some english proficiency.. A 7/11 in the country, there the expectation of some Thai proficiency.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Geespot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK & Khon Kaen
    Posts
    1,610
    I dont get why anyone trying to speak Thai good or bad is a bullshitter, surely in most cases (but not all) its appreciated?

    Bullshitters deffo cant wait to tell you they live here and most talk at the top of their voices (sorry to say usually Americans 555555) about the multi million dollar business deals they are doing, BKK it was pretty much a daily occurrence to overhear that sort of stuff. The others is always having being in special forces or secret agent........of course anyone from such a background would never boast or remotely tell you what they were or are involved in. You get the real shady characters too again in BKK who are in boiler house operations

  17. #17
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    I do shun most expats here....not necessarily because of their fantasies but mostly because they are so fkn rude, such miserable cunts and they just wanna run the joint down...I can see enough negatives myself....but I live here and love it....and I don't need to carry their baggage around
    K2, Namlay, WTF and 5 others like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I do shun most expats here....not necessarily because of their fantasies but mostly because they are so fkn rude, such miserable cunts and they just wanna run the joint down...I can see enough negatives myself....but I live here and love it....and I don't need to carry their baggage around
    As that why you left us for Samui Nels?
    nelsonone likes this.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  19. #19
    Senior Member PadMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    747
    Ok everyone's looking at themselves now, and casting inwards . But Paul made a good thread in fairness.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    [QUOTE=PadMC;45934]Ok everyone's looking at themselves now, and casting inwards . But Paul made a good thread in fairness.[/QUOTE]

    I could say " It takes one to know one " - but I would never be so unkind 55555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •