Thread: Bangla Rd with no beer

Bangla Rd with no beer

Phuket has another election and the bars were closed last night and till early tonight apparently.
    Bangla Rd just looked so forlorn with all these people looking at the empty bars.
    Plenty of shops open and a market in Loma Park.

Sad to see. What did everyone do, stay home?
    Reminded me of Slim Dusty and his "Pub with no Beer"

I remember landing in Patong once when it was a bar closure day. Was staying in the Expat at the time so sat in the old coffee shop there watching movies and having beers with my pal. Not a bad evening as it happens, but not what you go to Patong for.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Phuket has another election and the bars were closed last night and till early tonight apparently.
    Bangla Rd just looked so forlorn with all these people looking at the empty bars.
    Plenty of shops open and a market in Loma Park.

Sad to see. What did everyone do, stay home?
    Reminded me of Slim Dusty and his "Pub with no Beer"
    checked out Slim Dusty.
    That is a Flemish song from the fifties by "Bobejaan Schoepen", I thought it was local, but see it is known even in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I remember landing in Patong once when it was a bar closure day. Was staying in the Expat at the time so sat in the old coffee shop there watching movies and having beers with my pal. Not a bad evening as it happens, but not what you go to Patong for.
    i loved that old coffee shop at The Expat
    when i lived in Patong and i wanted a quiet night, i'd print off a bunch of articles from the US sports pages and go in there and have a soup and a sandwich and just read and eat

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i loved that old coffee shop at The Expat
    when i lived in Patong and i wanted a quiet night, i'd print off a bunch of articles from the US sports pages and go in there and have a soup and a sandwich and just read and eat
    Always a great selection of movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Always a great selection of movies too.
    the thing is, the food wasn't even that great...it was average but there was just nothing else like it in Patong....just an old coffee shop

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    the thing is, the food wasn't even that great...it was average but there was just nothing else like it in Patong....just an old coffee shop
    We brought a tuna back to the Expat after a fishing trip and had them cook it for us. They barbecued it and it was the best I have ever had, I think they just did simple things well.