Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Renting a scooter - legal requirements

I applied for an AUS IDL last year...it came back with a big bold red stamp saying "not approved for motorcycles" on it..CARNTS 555

its fkn useless to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Easycpl View Post
    I have an unlimited bike license in the States, and an IDL. In the US you can only get an IDL from a AAA automobile association office, and it's only valid for 1 year. I believe it's a racket of sorts, but it does mean that my US insurance covers me when overseas. Also, I had to remind the office girl who issues it to include the endorsements for motorcycle, and Trucks up to 26,000 lbs which are on my US license . The girls tried to send me out the door with an auto only version because that's what most people get, and they didn't even look.

In point of fact, I've never had to whip that bad-boy out, because I always wear a helmet and tend to look and ride relatively sane, but if things go sideways I'm all in favor of having all my ducks in a row.
    That's funny.

I've never asked for...but every time, my AAA has stamped off the motorcycle box as well as the car. ($10 USD for 1 year)

I don't have a motorcycle endorsement here, either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    That's funny.

I've never asked for...but every time, my AAA has stamped off the motorcycle box as well as the car. ($10 USD for 1 year)

I don't have a motorcycle endorsement here, either. lol
    Well the folks who run your local office may be less inbred than the ones who staff mine… Or maybe not.

I am the same, I have never asked for but have always been given the motorcycle stamp (but it does have some restrictions, smaller motorcycles possibly by weight ??) on every one I have had for years.. I have probably had 10 IDPs in the last couple of decades from the UK and all of them had it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12